Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All icons are generic how do I change them back?  (Read 2427 times)
Barry Scott

« on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 12:15:14 »

I've been a bit of knob and to save a small amount of performance turned all installed program icons to generic icons that resemble bat files without the cog inside.

I thought it's be rather cool, but now I think it's twatty and annoying. Any ideas how to allow the program to use it's own icon again please?

Thanking you kindly on this day of stupidity. Smiley

By the way I suspect this a reg tweak as this wasn't done to individual icons using the shell32.dll or anything - this was done when I created the new iso.  Head Hurts

flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 12:45:17 »

I'll tell you if you set the forum word censor up so it changes "Crapello" to "Gary Stanley".
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 12:48:49 »

I think you'll have to change them all manually, Barry. Open up Explorer, go Tools > Folder Options > File Types (choose relevant file type e.g. pdf) > Advanced > Change Icon.

I'll tell you if you set the forum word censor up so it changes "Crapello" to "Gary Stanley".

Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 13:00:35 »

Now I'm unemployed again I can get back to my life's work of picking on gary.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 13:03:29 by flammableBen » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 13:20:18 »

I've given up. I'll just do my 5th reinstall of windows (and loads of fucking drivers) instead, because my clever removal of some other MS gash has meant a few other things don't work. It does use only 31mb of ram though. Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 16:30:56 »

By the way I suspect this a reg tweak

Nowt to do with me Bazza....
stfcinbmth

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 16:35:12 »

Try downloading TuneUp Utilities Barry, free trial for 15 days
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: