Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daganhem away  (Read 31466 times)
UD161

« Reply #135 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:14:11 »

Oh totally, I know what you mean, and in a way it makes it all the better for us that we are doing it like this, especially as unlike some other Clubs who have gone up the pyramid with small crowds (Wigan for instance) we are not being bankrolled to do it either. 

However, I think the fact the home crowds have not increased at all must be frustrating for the players, management and the board in some ways.  Our support away from home has increased (600 at Col U, 700 at Charlton, 220 at Bournemouth) and although the numbers themselves aren't large, as a % of home support they are pretty good.  The only annoying thing for me is that we sold 15,000 tickets for the play off final in May.  I know all Clubs suffer from this (I am sure you did in the play offs all them years back), and I know that our group took aabout 25 of us, whereas only about 9 of them will be there tomorrow!!!

I think you will enjoy the day anyway.  The ground is not what you will be used to, but the stand you are in is pretty smart (for us!!!).  The area is also not as bad as some on here have made out, and you will have see worse on that front!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:23:45 »

all those years ago....

we only went to Wembley in May!
UD161

« Reply #137 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:25:00 »

Ha ha, yeah, sorry I meant the one where you beat Sunderland and the one against Leicester where I am guessing there were 35,000-40,000??
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:26:56 »

Hey don't you worry about your ground. We've all been to the Kassam.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:29:14 »

Ha ha, yeah, sorry I meant the one where you beat Sunderland and the one against Leicester where I am guessing there were 35,000-40,000??

37,000ish at Leciester I think.

Still best part of 33,000 there last May.
UD161

« Reply #140 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:35:40 »

Fair enough, good numbers, although that was my point to be honest.  Probably over 3 times your average home support I am guessing.

Don't get me started on Oxford!!!  Dreadful place that.  Not a fan of these grounds in the middle of nowhere anyway, especially when they have three sides.  And never has a Club talked about how many fans it would take to away games than P0xford did when they were in the Conference. 
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:43:34 »

I think you've just endeared yourself to the Swindon faithful for a very long time.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:43:54 »

Don't get me started on Oxford!!!  Dreadful place that.  Not a fan of these grounds in the middle of nowhere anyway, especially when they have three sides.  And never has a Club talked about how many fans it would take to away games than P0xford did when they were in the Conference. 

I'm likeing this Daggers fan. Speaks a lot of sense.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:56:25 »

We're risking a 'get a room' comment from someone, I know.  But you couldn't be more right about the ground location.  We're announcing plans soon for a redevelopment of the County Ground and most of our fans that I speak to are delighted (as I am) that we're staying in a relatively central location.  Park a club on the periphary of town in a trading estate or next to B&Q (yes, Reading, I'm looking at you) and the matchday experience is bound to suffer.  Horribly.

Tomorrow is going to be my second trip to your ground.  I went with a West Ham supporting friend to a pre-season Daggers vs Hammers friendly in about 2002.  Johnny Moncur, one of my to players ever to have seen in a Town shirt, was playing for West Ham that day.  Looking forward to coming back.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 1, 2010, 14:00:37 by Ardiles » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #144 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 15:10:48 »

Get a room.
UD161

« Reply #145 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 15:20:08 »

There is an interesting debate on our forum about out of town grounds which was started after Tuesday's visit to Colchester's new ground, which most Daggers fans seemed a bit underwhelmed with.  As I say though, Poxford is just about the worst for many reasons.  Jesus, even in a cab from the station it seemed to take forever.  Mind you, we didn't mind to much, as the only time we went was the night we all but sealed the Conference title. 

Never been to the CG so looking forward to trip there later in the season.  I am guessing as you can see it from the Station it is pretty close to the town centre. 

My only sporting trips to Swindon before have been to the Link Centre to watch hockey. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 15:32:19 »

I'm likeing this Daggers fan. Speaks a lot of sense.

I'm thinking this might be Dagger, who hung about on the recently departed scum forum TIU.

He did a right royal job of winding them up....but did border a bit on the obsessively strange.

Might not be best to encourage him.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 15:33:30 »

Poxford? Too far. That's our word.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 15:35:15 »

Hi UD161,

If were buying tickets on the day, do we buy on the turnstile or do we buy from your ticket office.

Thanks.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 15:38:10 »

Never been to the CG so looking forward to trip there later in the season.  I am guessing as you can see it from the Station it is pretty close to the town centre. 

The ground is around 10 mins walk from the train station. The station a few minutes from the town centre, where there is plenty of pubs.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: