Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daganhem away  (Read 32018 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:37:27 »

Head to the info desk and say you've lost your mummy
UD161

« Reply #121 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 10:31:26 »

Dagenham fan in peace!!!

Just thought I would provide some more info for you for those going on train etc tomorrow.

Nearest Station is Dagenham East.  Come out of station and go left, and ground is 4th turning on left, about 10 minute walk from Station. 

With regards to pubs in the area etc, not that great a choice to be honest!!  If you come from the Station and go past the ground about 200 yards there is the Eastbrook (by the traffic lights) which is ok and normally allows away fans in one of the bars.  If you come out of Station and go right, just at the bottom of the hill is the Railway, but not been in there for ages so can't comment.  Does have SKY Sports, pool tables etc.  And finally there is the Bull.  If you come out of Station and go right, past the Railway, it is about 400 yards on the right.  Be warned, it is then a 15 minute walk back to ground.

For food in the area, there is a Pie and Mash shop next to the Eastrbook pub.  Also between Station and ground is a decent chippy.  Food in ground is very good, and you have your own bar and food area with TVs etc under the stand.       

If you want to drink anywhere more locally then Romford or Upminster are ok if you are earlier.  Romford can be reached on overground train from Liverpool St in 20 minutes, and there are loads of pubs and bars right next to Station.  You then want bus 103 to the ground (15 minutes).  Upminster is 20 minutes on overground train from Fenchurch Street.  Good pub where we drink next to the Station called the Essex Yeoman.  It is then 4 stops back on the District Line.

If you want anymore info let me know.  Oh, and the Aldgate Exchange is nearer Aldgate East than Aldgate.  Make sure you go back into Aldgate East after so you can get District Line out to Dagenham.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 10:40:29 »

Head to the info desk and say you've lost your mummy

Will they have any comics for me to read?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 10:44:52 »

Dagenham fan in peace!!!

Just thought I would provide some more info for you for those going on train etc tomorrow.

Nearest Station is Dagenham East.  Come out of station and go left, and ground is 4th turning on left, about 10 minute walk from Station. 

With regards to pubs in the area etc, not that great a choice to be honest!!  If you come from the Station and go past the ground about 200 yards there is the Eastbrook (by the traffic lights) which is ok and normally allows away fans in one of the bars.  If you come out of Station and go right, just at the bottom of the hill is the Railway, but not been in there for ages so can't comment.  Does have SKY Sports, pool tables etc.  And finally there is the Bull.  If you come out of Station and go right, past the Railway, it is about 400 yards on the right.  Be warned, it is then a 15 minute walk back to ground.

For food in the area, there is a Pie and Mash shop next to the Eastrbook pub.  Also between Station and ground is a decent chippy.  Food in ground is very good, and you have your own bar and food area with TVs etc under the stand.       

If you want to drink anywhere more locally then Romford or Upminster are ok if you are earlier.  Romford can be reached on overground train from Liverpool St in 20 minutes, and there are loads of pubs and bars right next to Station.  You then want bus 103 to the ground (15 minutes).  Upminster is 20 minutes on overground train from Fenchurch Street.  Good pub where we drink next to the Station called the Essex Yeoman.  It is then 4 stops back on the District Line.

If you want anymore info let me know.  Oh, and the Aldgate Exchange is nearer Aldgate East than Aldgate.  Make sure you go back into Aldgate East after so you can get District Line out to Dagenham.

Is'nt there a Social Club at the Club itself?  Any good?

Clems Army!
UD161

« Reply #124 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 10:48:55 »

Yeah, there is a Social Club at the ground.  Only thing is, I am not sure how this works now we are at this level (it's a big thing to us you see).  It used to be fine, and it was just £1 to sign in (or just walk past the old boy on the door!!!) and all fans mixed.  For Exeter the other week it was fine and their fans were in there, and we did our normal and just walked in without being asked as well.  Just depends what the Plod have said I guess.

If you can get in, it is fine.  Open from 11am, two big bars downstairs and one upstairs (which isa bit nicer if you can get up there!!!).  Pool table, several TVs, etc etc.  I would try there, and if you can't then get in the Eastrbook is only two minutes away, or if it is bit later, you can get a beer in your stand (unlike us!!!). 
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 11:21:24 »

Yeah, there is a Social Club at the ground.  Only thing is, I am not sure how this works now we are at this level (it's a big thing to us you see).  It used to be fine, and it was just £1 to sign in (or just walk past the old boy on the door!!!) and all fans mixed.  For Exeter the other week it was fine and their fans were in there, and we did our normal and just walked in without being asked as well.  Just depends what the Plod have said I guess.

If you can get in, it is fine.  Open from 11am, two big bars downstairs and one upstairs (which isa bit nicer if you can get up there!!!).  Pool table, several TVs, etc etc.  I would try there, and if you can't then get in the Eastrbook is only two minutes away, or if it is bit later, you can get a beer in your stand (unlike us!!!). 

Cheers - i will give it a go....

Had a good afternoon in the club at Orient...

Clems Army!
Sussex

« Reply #126 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 11:36:45 »

She seems nice.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 12:24:17 »

Have you ever has a club of similar size to Swindon turn up with a little over their allocation? Say about 1300/1400? What do the club do if this happens? Is there anywhere else to house them or do they end up in the home end?
UD161

« Reply #128 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 12:31:26 »

Only the Orient game and that was a bit different.  They sold their allocation (1,200) before the day and some went in the home end.  However, although it is a local derby, there has never been any issues and this was the case again.

With all due respect, I would say there is no way you will bring 1,200 or more.  I have heard so many times on forums etc over the years what Club's expect to bring, and only on about two occasions have they ever bought as many as they said!!!  If you do, then no, there is nowhere else apart from the stand you have behind the goal (1,200).  The seating to one side of that is the family stand and the terracing to the other is all home terracing. 

I look forward to seeing the 900 of you on Saturday  Wink
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 12:32:57 »

we've sold our 800 presold already mate and most people i've spoken to haven't got a ticket yet....i'll see you in the home end more like ;-)
UD161

« Reply #130 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 12:44:32 »

We shall see mate!!! I hope you bring 2,000 to be honest!!!  We need to make as much money from big games like Swindon, Orient, Saints, Sheff Weds etc as we can!!! Also, there is very very little trouble at our games ever, so if a few people end up in the home end I don't think it will be an issue unless people start to play up. 
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 12:55:23 »

How many did we have at Barnet in L2? Didn't we outnumber them?

It was a Tuesday admittedly but we took over 1000 odd I believe.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 12:57:50 »

It was about 1500 to 1300 I think.

Although Arsenal were playing in the Champions League - thats where all the Barnet fans were!
UD161

« Reply #133 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 12:59:10 »

Ha ha, good old Barnet!!  I wouldn't have thought we would be outnumbered tomorrow, although not far off.  We appear to be stuck with home support at the 1,600-2,000 level even since going up.  Our gates have increased a lot (% wise) over the last few years, but this is due more to away numbers increasing rather than home support.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 13:06:50 »

Ha ha, good old Barnet!!  I wouldn't have thought we would be outnumbered tomorrow, although not far off.  We appear to be stuck with home support at the 1,600-2,000 level even since going up.  Our gates have increased a lot (% wise) over the last few years, but this is due more to away numbers increasing rather than home support.

I wouldn't feel sheepish about your attendances.  Punching above your weight in football is what it's all about.  (Hope this does not sound overly patronising, but) D&RFC have done brilliantly to reach League One.  In fact, when the fans of the very big clubs in this league (Sheff Weds, Leeds last year etc - teams punching under their weight) start showing off about attendances, how big they are etc, I can't help but think they've got it all horribly wrong.  A 20,000 attendance figure in this league should be a source of shame, not pride.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: