Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ......hmmm...  (Read 14446 times)
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 03:57:08 »

Micky Foley (who most of you have never heard of anyway) wrote all 3 of his autobiographies, the first one by free hand whilst on the road!

Most have never heard of Mick Foley because most people don't watch men hugging in their pants in their spare time. But clearly I know who he is so I do!

Got to be worth a read as a Swindon fan, if only to read what the players get up to off the pitch in this era. Wouldn't pay £14 for it though. Give it a couple of weeks and it'll be a lot cheaper.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 06:33:51 »

Kamara's book is meant to be ace.

This is all a bit meh for me, don't have much interest in reading about how someone fucked his life right up.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 06:38:52 »

Best footballer's autobiography I've read is 'Pyscho' by Stuart Pearce. He comes across as a decent bloke who realises how fortunate he was.

Most of them are pricks on an ego trip, the worst I read was Dennis (I'm a pygmy cunt) Wise. What a bellend.

It's All Good..............
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 07:26:06 »

holloway's autiobiography is ace

Mr Bennett speaks the truth!!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 07:39:08 »

Terry Venables' was a good read
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 10:00:27 »

Nice description from the author of Roberts book

'Christian frankly talks about playing whilst drunk under Andy Kings hard drinking regime, how Iffy Onoura saved his life, how Dennis Wise was the best manager he ever played for and how Maurice Malpas was the worst.'

I think we knew most of that.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 10:28:16 »

if you like football autobiographies then i reccomend,bobby robson's,alex ferguson's,paul merson's,tony adam's,stuart pearce's,perry groves's.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 11:20:39 »

sounds a worse version of jimmy glass' book

Fuck off back to the cricket forum then

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 11:21:10 »

Not at all Blair's would be quite interesting given some of the decisions he made, where as something about a mediocre, half assed footballer isn't.

Did he spurn your sexual advances Gazza, you seem very bitter towards him

Sad to say, i must be on my way
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 12:37:55 »

I think Gazza is fucked off because roberts wasnt there when he had his kit photoshoot...
Morgan Freeman

People enjoy the sound of my voice

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 22:25:44 »

Pele's autobiography is an interesting read, as is Jeff Stelling's.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 23:13:27 »

Best footballer's autobiography I've read is 'Pyscho' by Stuart Pearce. He comes across as a decent bloke who realises how fortunate he was.

Most of them are pricks on an ego trip, the worst I read was Dennis (I'm a pygmy cunt) Wise. What a bellend.

Agree with Pyscho being the best one. Love how when he became a pro at Coventry that he advertised in the clubs programme as an electrican. Also remember him saying when he played against Swindon in the FA cup, Paul Rideout told him to f off back to his 9 to 5.

Worst ever Footballers autobiography I've read is Michael Owen's. What was I thinking? To call the guy characterless is a compliment.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 3, 2010, 07:57:55 »

Did he spurn your sexual advances Gazza, you seem very bitter towards him

No but I can't post on here why I am bitter towards him!

Reason for this is I had a run in before with a certain superstar midfielder who will be signing for Barcelona next week, Aaron Brown! When that cunt was here I had a confrontation in the Apartments in Town a few years back with Brown as my cousin is friends with Debbie Smith who at the time was her boss as well as a mate, Debbie is now Phil Smith's wife. Anyway they told me something about Brown's "fitness" as they were mates with that prick, and I posted it on thisis back in the day. Brown didn't want what I wrote on a message board to be public knowledge (despite if the medical team at STFC had done their job they would know about it anyway) and he got a bit funny saying so I am keen not to fall out with my cousin by spouting off as I know they are or were mates with Christian, because players tell them things that they may tell me, and they are not supposed to be posted on message boards etc! TBH It was probably best not to appear bitter in the first place but meh!  Smiley
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 3, 2010, 08:02:14 »

You shouldn't go putting people's personal details on message boards Gazza!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 3, 2010, 08:03:41 »

well aware of that now Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: