Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smith's Turn?  (Read 6884 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 19:51:13 »

I feel much more confident with Lucas in goal. He's commanding and vocal, comes well for crosses, and practically acts as a second captain. He's number one, and should play whenever fit

Smith, although a great keeper and adequate cover, still fills me with nerves when coming for crosses, and being less vocal doesn't really help.

Lucas to remain in goal for saturday, and hopefully the return of 4-4-2.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 19:56:42 »

I wouldnt have tinkered with it - unless forced to.

Lucas went off injured against Charlton which forced the change of keeper and Paynter missed the first game through injury and clearly wasnt fit for the next two.

Forced changes.

You said you would've dropped Lucas in the final. I didn't say anything about Smith playing in the semi final, obviously that change had to be made. Lucas said himself in an interview on points west he was '500%' fit to play in the final. If you chose to drop him in the final, that is an unforced change as he was fully fit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:02:49 »

Taking the keeper who played in the semi final (Smith) and playing him in the final (Smith) isnt making a change, is it?

I couldnt have dropped Lucas from the final because he wasnt in the team that finished the semi final anyway.

Smith got dropped and Lucas came back in.

If Smith had played he'd have kept his place.
woolster

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:04:11 »

You said you would've dropped Lucas in the final. I didn't say anything about Smith playing in the semi final, obviously that change had to be made. Lucas said himself in an interview on points west he was '500%' fit to play in the final. If you chose to drop him in the final, that is an unforced change as he was fully fit...
if you chose to drop him, even if he was fit would that not be an enforced change, as oposed to your unforced change Hmmm
jb

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:06:37 »

Taking the keeper who played in the semi final (Smith) and playing him in the final (Smith) isnt making a change, is it?

I couldnt have dropped Lucas from the final because he wasnt in the team that finished the semi final anyway.

Smith got dropped and Lucas came back in.

If Smith had played he'd have kept his place.

Who started that match?

Yes thought so- Lucas.

If O'brien starts in place of Dossevi of Saturday, is that dropping Dossevi or O'brien? It's dropping Dossevi because he started the game.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:11:07 »

Great that the TEF is arguing on which keeper to play...sign of the recent times.
flammableBen

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:11:57 »

Apart from all the arguments about brez/smith a couple of years ago.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:13:44 »

Great that the TEF is arguing on which keeper to play...sign of the recent times.

I think we should give Jesionkowski a run in the side...how are we going to get a fee for him if he doesn't play?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:24:03 »

Who started that match?

Yes thought so- Lucas.

If O'brien starts in place of Dossevi of Saturday, is that dropping Dossevi or O'brien? It's dropping Dossevi because he started the game.

Lucas played about 27 seconds.

Smith played about 130 minutes.

Come on, use some common sense.

If Rose doesnt play Saturday, he wont have been dropped despite playing the majority of the game last night? no.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:27:25 »

Lucas played about 27 seconds.

Smith played about 130 minutes.

Come on, use some common sense.

If Rose doesnt play Saturday, he wont have been dropped despite playing the majority of the game last night? no.

No he won't have been dropped. Sheehan would be dropped. Dropping players refers to dropping them from the starting lineup.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:30:00 »

smith does ok when deputising and i dont have a problem if he plays.that said i do feel he is a bit jittery off his line,and not anywhere near as commanding and vocal as lucas is.
lucas is blatantly wilsons no1 anyway as he has had ample opportunity to play smith.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:34:11 »

No he won't have been dropped. Sheehan would be dropped. Dropping players refers to dropping them from the starting lineup.

No it doesnt. It refers to dropping them from the team.

In both instances Smith and Rose played the majority of the game, thus being out of the team the following game would be dropping them. End.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:37:54 »

No it doesnt. It refers to dropping them from the team.

In both instances Smith and Rose played the majority of the game, thus being out of the team the following game would be dropping them. End.

We both have different views of the term 'dropped'- thats fine.

Anyway back to your first point. There's no way Smith should've started in goal at Wembley. Whether its dropping Lucas or not. And saying he should've been in goal ever since Wembley that's just riduclous, considering the season Lucas had last season and the proportion of games Lucas has played in comparison to Smith..
woolster

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:40:34 »

We both have different views of the term 'dropped'- thats fine.

Anyway back to your first point. There's no way Smith should've started in goal at Wembley. Whether its dropping Lucas or not. And saying he should've been in goal ever since Wembley that's just riduclous, considering the season Lucas had last season and the proportion of games Lucas has played in comparison to Smith..
Head Hurts Head Hurts Head Hurts Head Hurts
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 07:29:11 »

I think we should give Jesionkowski a run in the side...how are we going to get a fee for him if he doesn't play?

We're Poles apart on this one, Reg.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: