Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grapevine news  (Read 6442 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 11:54:16 »

Surely with the system we're playing now,we need an attacking fullback such as big Kev.If we've got money to spend on a loan signing then it should be on a striker to provide cover for Charlie or a winger who can come on from the bench if needed
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 12:00:20 »

sheehan had a great game aswelll but i still think manky doesnt look comfortable he was very poor in the first half.

morrison should have got MOTM  Beers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 12:00:50 »

Surely with the system we're playing now,we need an attacking fullback such as big Kev.If we've got money to spend on a loan signing then it should be on a striker to provide cover for Charlie or a winger who can come on from the bench if needed

That depends if the original grapvine news that Amankwha may need an op on his ankle are true or not.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 12:30:36 »

Agreed, yes hes a good defender but hes lightweight and offers nothing going forward.

I thought his lack of pushing forward seemed to be a confidence thing. He didn't seem to know whether he should or not and when he did he seemed reluctant to fully commit. It's something that will improve, though some of the blame must surely lie with Wilson and the coaches.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 13:49:35 »

I thought Amankwaah had easily his best game for a while on Saturday. I wouldnt say he was poor at all (I dont think anyone wearing red was)

However, I'd say he was still only playing at maybe 85% of what we know he is capable of. I think this is partly down to formation. He linked up well with JPM last season and it worked really well for both of them. That link is gone and in my opinion it has taken a little something out of both of their games.

Last season when Amankwaah came forward for the most part he knew the easy pass to JPM was always on. Also he knew if he over lapped or got too far forward, if the opposition hit us on the counter attack JPM would be there to cover and help out.

I think the fact that there is no right winger infront of him plays on Kevs mind as he goes forward. Its almost like get so far, then thinks - shit, If I lose it here theres a huge gap behind me - best not go any further!

Plus, if he really does have a problem with ankle - thats probably effecting him to.

On the flip side, having no winger in front of him seems to help Sheehans game because rather than passing it down the line to the winger, he just gets there himself and gets the crosses in. If we'd had a flat 4 with AOB infront of Sheehan then we probably would have got less quality crosses in because Sheehan would have passed down the line rather than running down the line himself.

I liked Darby - he was a decent player and has massive fucking bollocks. His game is very different to Kevs though. He'd be solid enough at the back (although 4 clean sheets in the last 5 and only 1 goal let in seems pretty solid to me anyway!!) but Darby wouldnt offer us anything going forward, probably even less so with no winger infront of him.
iffy

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 14:21:53 »

i'm with ralphy.i thought darby weakend the side when he came in for amankwaa last season.
a tidy enough player but not a physical presence and panicked when going forward

Agree with this, but he was developing with every game.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 14:34:23 »

good view of things there dave, there was a few times on saturday when manky and JPM did string a few passes together which opened things up down the right side in the second half.

and when hudders changed there formation sheehan had so much space on his side everytime the ball came to him he had 40 yards ahead of him to run into.

i cant see us changing formation tonight as it worked so well saturday.

any news on ferry will he be available?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 17:04:42 »

Ferry is supposed to be ready. On the bench I would have thought.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 17:13:12 »

Ferry is supposed to be ready. On the bench I would have thought.

He looked fine walking away from the ground on Saturday with some bird in tow. Except for the haircut.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 15:14:15 »

He looked fine walking away from the ground on Saturday with some bird in tow. Except for the haircut.

What it that bird who towers over him?...A bit of a height issue there
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: