Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheehan to sign  (Read 31326 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:29:40 »

Sheehan played a massive part last season and i thought he was just as good defensive wise as he was getting forward. Knows our style of play and what is expected of him so makes sense good to see Wilson has obviously noticed what alot of others have.  
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:30:24 »

Anyway all about opinions and i am delighted we are getting Sheehan.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:32:23 »

Lets just hope Wilson plays him..
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:34:17 »

I too thought he had a rough patch of form after he came back from injury. But is a decent all round full back.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:35:49 »

Processed....how many Norwich fans you talked to...26000..

Not 26,000 no, but around 10. And they were all in agreement that he was poor. I bet you could even find something on the Pinkun forum about him.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/2017223/ShowPost.aspx#2017223

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2009803/ShowPost.aspx
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:41:52 »

Not 26,000 no, but around 10. And they were all in agreement that he was poor. I bet you could even find something on the Pinkun forum about him.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/2017223/ShowPost.aspx#2017223

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2009803/ShowPost.aspx

He played 12 times Beats...if he was crap he wouldnt have played......some of our players are getting shit on the forums?....dont mean that every Town fan thinks they are shit does it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:53:02 »

Well he was brought in as an emergency loan, they didn't have any other option but to play him.

I think the consensus was that he got caught out of position a lot but was decent going forward. Judging the decent deliveries he kept pumping into the box when Norwich played us at ours he's definitely got some skill there.

With Sheehan/Rose/Kennedy/Caddis/O'Brien/Ball we have a lot of options for the left side now. Competition will drive the best out of our players.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:54:31 »

Well he was brought in as an emergency loan, they didn't have any other option but to play him.

Correct i think. He was definitely brought in to deuptise whilst Drury was injured and, as you say looked half decent against us. Hasn't looked half of that player for us though, sadly.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:59:01 »

sheehan is a decent player,but how many left backs do we need?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 15:59:12 »

Well i would rather go on what the Norwich fans thought of him Dave...they rated him and obviously Lambert did....and they went up with a fairly large input from him in a team that pissed the LGE.....no offence meant.
Processed....how many Norwich fans you talked to...26000..
He is a good player just struggling to settle in an unsettled team.

Oh come on leefer, stop talking rubbhish.

For starts my last post was based on what Norwich fans have said. They didnt rate him, were over the moon they didnt sign him. They thought he was a liability who had one decent game (against us) and that was it.  They were all calling for Adam Durey to be back in the team.

Norwich fans didnt rate him and Lambert clearly didnt because he cast him aside pretty damn quickly and didnt sign him.

He played a whole 12 games for Norwich - a team that was already well on their way to being crowned champions, so he hardly played a huge part. On the flip side he played double that amount for relegated Stockport.

How many Norwich fans have you spoken to, 0

Have a read of this thread and see what the Norwich and Stockport fans actually say
http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255195&highlight=Michael+Rose&page=2

Rose is shit.

Good free-kick taker. One of the best.

Otherwise, he leaves MASSIVE holes at the back. If you're going for a promotion push, then he's shit and useless.

If you're happy with mid-table, then he's shit and useless.

Rose is alright tbh, not like we terribly struggled when he joined. He's just a solid league 1 full back, nothing special.

He'll give it his best, sometimes look really good on the ball and sometimes awful. The worst part of his game is probably positioning but that can be worked at. He's not one to back out of a tackle either. Can't put in a decent cross when he wants to, remember a great cross for Holt's goal at Swindon funnily enough.

Overall if it does go through then I wouldn't say its a poor buy, just ok.

Have you not already got a left-back?

And whoever it was who said Rose 'helped Norwich win the league'...behave.

If you're going to use him as a wing-back, then that's fine. Probably.

He's good attacking-wise but as I said, he completely forgets his defensive duties. If you're using him further forward then yeah, whatever

Cant be bothered to read the whole thread, but just thought i'd give my opinion on Rose.

Didn't rate the guy at all and im delighted we havn't signed him. He only came in to fill a hole when Drury was injured, and as soon as Drury was fit again, he went straight back in. Funnily enough the best game i thought he played for us was away at Swindon, where he was okay, and set up the goal.
He's not too bad defensively but on the ball he's pretty awful, loves to either pass it to an opponent or just smack it up the pitch.

Apparently he's got a good free kick but he never took one here!

Hopefully he'll be better for you than he was for us, though if Stockport fans dont rate him . .

Don't rate Rose I'm afraid, if it's a promotion push you're after then he doesn't really fit the bill, far too much of a liability defensively with his positioning.

That said, he scored a decent goal for us on debut and we had a reasonable record with him in the side, so who knows? All the best to him.

Rose was pretty sh*t for us to be honest and I did not rate him at all. He had a good first game and scored a good goal and he had one or two other half decent games (Swindon away being one from recollection) but the rest of the time i thought he was dodgy defensively and his passing was crap.

Got a good left foot shot on him and gives his all but was not good enough for a top side in the division and i was very relieved when Drury came back from injury and replaced him.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 16:05:03 »

One of the curious aspects of DW's recent transfer policy is that he seems to be duplicating positions, where we appear reasonably well sorted, and neglecting others where we appear short.

Oh well, I'm sure he knows what he's doing...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 16:05:06 »

One decent one would be nice.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 16:06:49 »

Anyone who thinks we are sorted at left back (before Sheehan's arrival) is stark raving mad.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 16:08:10 »

Oh come on leefer, stop talking rubbhish.

For starts my last post was based on what Norwich fans have said. They didnt rate him, were over the moon they didnt sign him. They thought he was a liability who had one decent game (against us) and that was it.  They were all calling for Adam Durey to be back in the team.

Norwich fans didnt rate him and Lambert clearly didnt because he cast him aside pretty damn quickly and didnt sign him.

He played a whole 12 games for Norwich - a team that was already well on their way to being crowned champions, so he hardly played a huge part. On the flip side he played double that amount for relegated Stockport.

How many Norwich fans have you spoken to, 0

Have a read of this thread and see what the Norwich and Stockport fans actually say
http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255195&highlight=Michael+Rose&page=2

Dave...i could pull out dozens of posts from Town fans about our players on forums...plenty who think Obrien is shit..plenty who think Pericard is shit,plenty who think all our players are shit.....dont try and convince me a player is shit by pulling out a few quotes from the thick fukin numbskulls from Norfolk!!
If you think Rose is Shite.....good on you,i just happen to think he will be an ok player.

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 16:09:27 »

if you are refering to me, i dont think we are sorted there.we have loads of players who play there though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: