Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southampton v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 50380 times)
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 17:45:31 »

You got to see all the goals?

On my tele they only showed Pericard's first (brilliant finish) and seemed to focus more on Southampton sacking Pardew and the fans' reaction. How gay.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 17:49:06 »

On Evans I think Douglas should start if he's fit but if not Evans should play it might give prutton a boot up the back side!

Btw I do think we need another centre back like wilson said three isnt enough to get us through the season.

Evans is a centre back, though obviously with the ability to play midfield as well. Which means we've got four.
JB_Swindon

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 18:00:55 »

Evans is a centre back, though obviously with the ability to play midfield as well. Which means we've got four.

Yeh I guess so but all the other's have played over twenty games for us I probably should have said someone with league experience
jb

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 18:10:39 »

Supposedly Timlin played well left wing last night, got quite a few balls in the box, shit we've got too many left wingers! Wink
Barry Scott

« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 18:20:51 »

We've just got massive cover in nearly every position apart from GK, CB and up front.

DR: Manky, Caddis, Thompson, Cuthbert
DL: Sheehan, Rose, Kennedy, Caddis
MR: JPM, Caddis, Prutton, Dossevi
MC: Dougie, Fezza, Prutton, JP, Timlin, Evans, Caddis, Sheehan (supposedly plays DMC), Dossevi (as an AMC)
ML: OB, Sheehan, Bodin, Kennedy, Caddis, Timlin
JB_Swindon

« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 18:36:51 »

We've just got massive cover in nearly every position apart from GK

Dont mean too be finnicky but we've got - Lucas , Smith , Jesionkowski and Scott. Isn't four keepers enough? Huh?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 18:46:23 »

may be imagining it but think scott is at supermarine now

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 18:50:18 »

may be imagining it but think scott is at supermarine now
He's still on the OS squad list, but I don't know when that was last updated.
JB_Swindon

« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 18:59:16 »

I think he might be on loan there?
Panda Paws

« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 19:06:26 »

The narrow diamond was worked on in pre season, and in theory gives the FBs a chance to get forward while being very narrow and solid when not in possession. Wouldn't mind seeing it again on Saturday, but with Dossevi at the front point, Dougie in the DM, and Ferry and Timlin or JPM
Barry Scott

« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 19:32:23 »

Dont mean too be finnicky but we've got - Lucas , Smith , Jesionkowski and Scott. Isn't four keepers enough? Huh?

4 keepers is plenty and I'm more than happy with those keepers. I'm also happy with our cover at centre half and up front. I wasn't meaning to imply we don't have cover in those areas, just not as much versatility. I was trying to show how many positions some of our team can play in by way of cover or switching formations without subs etc.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 20:56:49 »

Just seen Brighton lost 2-0 at home to Orient tonight in their JPT match. Fielded a pretty strong team, minus Greer. HA!
glos_robin

« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 21:27:28 »

I wish Wilson would give the youngsters more games though. If Evans played that well last night why not give him another go at the weekend? Same for Kennedy. LJF and Morrison have done well this season, having Wilson say he wants to sign another CB can't be good for their confidence either.
Because football is a results business and as idealistic as playing youngsters may sound Wilson's main priority is going to be to play what he considers his best starting XI. Even in the JPT Fitton has expressed a desire to win it so we need to take the thing seriously. Like it or not the youngsters are there to fill gaps when there are no other players available like at every other football club.
This is why we'd all be crap managers of STFC as we'd let sentiment and emotion cloud basic common sense.
JB_Swindon

« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 21:52:37 »

4 keepers is plenty and I'm more than happy with those keepers. I'm also happy with our cover at centre half and up front. I wasn't meaning to imply we don't have cover in those areas, just not as much versatility. I was trying to show how many positions some of our team can play in by way of cover or switching formations without subs etc.
Ah ok my mistake mate misunderstood you there!
Barry Scott

« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 23:09:48 »

Ah ok my mistake mate misunderstood you there!

Glad you accept full responsibility because my post was in no way ambiguous or open to misinterpretation.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: