Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise Vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 25924 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:56:50 »

well all know it

do you have to keep voicing it ?

its been, like every day since Greer went

we get it mate ! we get it !
Coca Fola

« Reply #256 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:57:05 »

Firstly, Wilson is still the man for us.

But he has to make some changes. Firstly he needs to make Lucas the captain as he's far more vocal then Dougie.

Also he needs to drop Rose, Prutton and unfortunately JPM.

I expect to get slated for this team (you'll see why) but I'd play

Lucas                                                            Subs: Smith
                                                                                                              Thompson
Manks          Cuthbert         Morrison/New CB     Kennedy                                 McGovern
                                                                                                              Timlin
Caddis          Ferry                 Douglas           LJF                                          O'Brien
                                                                                                              Ball
                     Austin          Dossevi                                                             Morrison/New CB

I think LJF would make a cracking left winger because he's skillful and puts a mean cross into the box. Plus we won't have his defensive liabilities because he won't be playing left back.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:58:55 »

*we* clearly dont get it.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:59:15 »

Firstly, Wilson is still the man for us.

But he has to grow some bollocks and admit he has signed some fucking shit. End of
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 00:00:22 »

deluded if you think that
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 05:49:30 »

It was wearing thin fucking weeks ago Dave.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 06:35:55 »

Very depressing yesterday, we're playing like a team devoid of ideas and lacking the cohesiveness that was so evident last season.

Prutton is beginning to irritate me, as is Rose. I've read on here about how well O'Brien and Dossevi played yesterday, all I can say is I must have missed it. O'Brien was constantly out of position and limited the opportunities when we had the ball; if you're a wide player, stay out fucking wide! He put in a few crosses, but nowhere near the quality some have said they were. Dossevi looks good on the ball, problem was he was hardly ever on the fucking ball!

Amankwah was absolute dogshite when he came on, unlike Pericard who mixed it up and had a good game. The opportunity he had wasn't that easy and if Austin had missed it no one would say anything. Give him the full 90 minutes Tuesday.

Everyone is concerned about the defence but my main concern is the total lack of understanding between defence, midfield and attack. Make no mistake, apart from a 20 minute spell in the 2nd half we were garbage.

Plus points - Only one really, Morrison. Could have a real gem there.

It's All Good..............
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 07:32:03 »

Good write up Herthab.  Although i didn't go yesterday some of the points you made were evident in both the Brentford & Orient home games.

Both our midfield & defence are the greatest concerns because both defensively & creatively we are way short of last years standards.

Up front i think that'll come eventually but if our strikers have no service then there not going to score. Admittedly we are missing Paynters presence upfront but I still think Pericard will come good once he's given a bit of service and is playing regularly rather than bit part sub appearances

I still think Prutton is a decent player but you just can't play him with Douglas they are too alike and that it is taking away our creativity from the centre. 

These 2 areas lack balance the most and until they are addressed by DW then we will be in for a season of continual struggle. 
Doore

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 08:12:28 »

Dave - you should meet Bart for a drink.  I think you'd make a lovely couple.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 08:13:52 »

Thing is DW really rates Prutton and he's only gonna miss a paintpot game-he will definitely be back in for the next league game.I waited after the game to have a word with Danny and I put to him that Ferry was a better option than Prutton he said"how many goals does Ferry score?" I replied that none of our midfielders are particularly prolific and he replied "David will be,give him a chance".

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 08:38:26 »

I can see where everyone's coming from regarding Prutton, as I said earlier he's beginning to irritate me, but if DW thinks he's worth persevering with then maybe he is. None of us are experts (Although we all think we are!) and Wilson must know his job's on the line if our current form continues.

I've small spells in games where the team have shown what they're capable of. It just needs to click into place and soon!

It's All Good..............
Dozno9

« Reply #266 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 09:30:34 »

I'm not an expert in tatics, field positions. Wilson (I hope) knows what he's doing but I am fairly qualified in noticing when someone isn't pulling his weight and Prutton isn't.
Dozno9

« Reply #267 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 09:32:54 »

Thing is DW really rates Prutton and he's only gonna miss a paintpot game-he will definitely be back in for the next league game.I waited after the game to have a word with Danny and I put to him that Ferry was a better option than Prutton he said"how many goals does Ferry score?" I replied that none of our midfielders are particularly prolific and he replied "David will be,give him a chance".

Ok Wilson, lets bench Douglas shall we?
jb

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 09:57:54 »

IF Prutton is going to start scoring, he needs to stop trying to stand on the ball and dictate the play. We already have Dougie in this role. He needs to start getting forward and make off the ball runs. It is clear at the moment he always wants the ball to his feet.

jb

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:01:13 »

DW is obviously also rimming Prutton
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: