Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket gear  (Read 3946 times)
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 09:29:55 »

Hi I need some advice which is the best place either locally or on line to buy a cricket bat for a budding 9 year old
Budget around £75
Thanks
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 09:49:36 »

cricket supplies.com

Sad to say, i must be on my way
lambourn red

« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 10:00:59 »

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/
santasdead

« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 10:04:16 »

Ebay. Search for CJI Bats. I got mine for £30 including postage two years ago, and it still works.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 10:18:31 »

If you want to buy 'in person' theres a place on Port Marsh industrial estate in Calne that does all the cricket stuff you could possibly want. Online is bound to be cheapest though.
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 11:30:23 »

There is a cracking little shop in Thatcham called Serious Cricket which I can highly recommend from personal experience.  I have also heard lots of good things about Globe Sports in Bristol too from other players, I think it has a couple of nets out the back where you can try out bats before you buy.
Div

« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 12:36:40 »

Bear in mind

1)its the end of the season

2)this time next year he'll be wanting another bat...of the same price, so just give him a plank o' wood.

bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 12:49:26 »

Bear in mind

1)its the end of the season

2)this time next year he'll be wanting another bat...of the same price, so just give him a plank o' wood.

Thanks i have already tried that, he joins the indoor league next month,
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 15:06:06 »

Two cracking places,

Globe Sports in Bristol, or Academy Sports in Cheltenham. Globe has more on show, but both have websites and have discounts for players in local lagues.
Tansie_123

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 15:58:36 »

I found cricketdirect.com and owzat-cricket.co.uk good places to buy stuff, do your son play cricket for just club or county? If so try contacting shark cricket they usually offer sponsorship deal's to players who play for county. I currently have a sponsorship with them and i find the gear they have to be very good. And they were helpful on all gear and so forth...you can pick bat weight and so forth.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 17:43:07 »

I found cricketdirect.com and owzat-cricket.co.uk good places to buy stuff, do your son play cricket for just club or county? If so try contacting shark cricket they usually offer sponsorship deal's to players who play for county. I currently have a sponsorship with them and i find the gear they have to be very good. And they were helpful on all gear and so forth...you can pick bat weight and so forth.
Thank for all of your feedback my son plays for a team and is having trails next month for the county
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 19:17:58 »

Bassett....good luck to your lad.
Make sure your lad tests/holds  the bat before you buy one,very important....spend that little extra if you need to but get him to hold/check the stuff first.....cricket and golf goods always looks good but you have to be practical also.....no good spending big bucks on a bat for your lad if its too heavy etc!!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 22:45:47 »

If you pay 75 quid for a 9 year old you have more money than sense! At that age he wont be able to hit the ball off of the square. Buy him a cheap kashmiri willow bat - Pay no more that 20 quid.

If you buy from CJI then go for the 'Ultimate 5000'. Do not buy a Fatso or Sumo as it will be too heavy for him. Best to buy a light bat for a 9 year old so that he can perfect his technique.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 15:32:42 »

Thanks for your comments i will reduce the cost to 20-30 pounds
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: