Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GCSE/Exam Results  (Read 12149 times)
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 08:21:00 »

No idea. My son was accepted at Reading Uni last week. He is going French, German and Business studies. He told me that he was warned the exams were being marked harder this year. He needed an A in French, B in Maths and a C in business studies. He got 3 B's and was just 4 points off an A in French which pissed him off.
[/quote
ahh ok well my english is going well so far in the sets we have done.. and my dads a math teacher so he should be able to help me but alot of people i know say the GCSE's they have havent helped them at all in life
fatbasher

« Reply #106 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 08:35:21 »

No idea. My son was accepted at Reading Uni last week. He is going French, German and Business studies. He told me that he was warned the exams were being marked harder this year. He needed an A in French, B in Maths and a C in business studies. He got 3 B's and was just 4 points off an A in French which pissed him off.
[/quote
ahh ok well my english is going well so far in the sets we have done.. and my dads a math teacher so he should be able to help me but alot of people i know say the GCSE's they have havent helped them at all in life

Your school/college should guide you as to what subjects to take in high school and college to maximise your chances of a uni place. It also helps if you have an idea of a career path after uni and also a back up plan at various stages of your schooling in case you crash and burn. Just remember, you're a pup and you have many years to get things right if you fuck up. Us oldies do not have that luxury.

Remember this "youth is wasted on the young". When you get to my age you'll understand that statement with a clarity you wished you had when you were younger.

Good luck.
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 08:37:53 »

Your school/college should guide you as to what subjects to take in high school and college to maximise your chances of a uni place. It also helps if you have an idea of a career path after uni and also a back up plan at various stages of your schooling in case you crash and burn. Just remember, you're a pup and you have many years to get things right if you fuck up. Us oldies do not have that luxury.

Remember this "youth is wasted on the young". When you get to my age you'll understand that statement with a clarity you wished you had when you were younger.

Good luck.

yeah i felt crushed when it came back i had wasted a year on French but i can still get a C so its not so bad.but thats a feeling i want to feel minimal times so for the next two years the xbox is going up in the attic and im not buying fifa 13 or anything like that as i want the good grades haha
fatbasher

« Reply #108 on: Friday, August 24, 2012, 09:22:25 »

yeah i felt crushed when it came back i had wasted a year on French but i can still get a C so its not so bad.but thats a feeling i want to feel minimal times so for the next two years the xbox is going up in the attic and im not buying fifa 13 or anything like that as i want the good grades haha

Sacrifices son, sacrifices. Just look at it this way. If you want something that badly you'll move heaven and earth to get it. It is down to you and your character as to how well you do, your parents can't help you now like they did when you were a kid. They make choices for you and guide you and teach you things about life that will hopefully put you on the right path. The path leads to the wide world and you are approaching the gate to the wide world. The path you chose and not always the one you tread starts now with your exams. Like I said you have time to put things right and putting away the games consoles is a good start. You might also want to consider shelving girls, parties, drugs and STFC..... Nah forget the last one. Plenty of time for the others though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: