Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Digital Camera Help  (Read 6059 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 21:53:13 »

within your budget, Which Magazine suggest Canon PowerShot A470 @ 71% (top is 78% so not bad)

if you can stretch your budget further, this comes in at 73% - Canon - Digital Ixus 80 IS

I have the Ixus 95, good camera

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 22:48:20 »

For most people AVForums is the worst possible place to go for advice. If you say you've got £100 to spend they'll tell you to spend £150 to get something better as it's well worth the extra, then when you say you've upped your budget to £150 they tell you to spend £200 and so on. The bigger problem is most of them are far too anal and go on about brand a being superior to brand b when in reality unless you've got perfect senses you can't tell them apart.

I always check out the reviews on Amazon as they're written by people looking for the same thing as me with the same quality requirements. Look for something with a lot of reviews and mainly 4 or 5 stars and you can't go wrong. The prices at Amazon are normally pretty good plus they won't fuck you about if there is a problem with something you buy from them.

I just had a quick check and they've got a Sony DSCW320B at £110 with good reviews, which appears to be a later version of the one Batch suggested at £100 with Jessops. Amazon have a number around the £100 mark with lots of good reviews.

your comment about av forums is bollocks,but agree with you on the amazon reviews.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 23:01:18 »

your comment about av forums is bollocks,but agree with you on the amazon reviews.

It's happened to me on AV Forums every time I've asked there for help, the last time when I bought a new TV. I ended up going with a cheap LG 42" plasma against a lot of the advice I was given. I download US TV shows in AVI then convert them to MP4 and the quality is more than good enough for me (bizarrely, often better than ITV via Virgin), whilst most people on those forums would be having fucking kittens at the mere suggestion.

If you've got money to spend and quality is really important to you then AV Forums are perfect. But for the rest of us the reviews on Amazon are a far better resource as they are a lot more relevant to our level of expectations and requirements.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 10:49:52 »

i've always found the advice on avforums to be spot on.certainly not in the way you've described it jonny.
take as you find i suppose
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 17:19:58 »

Sorry to hijack the thread but wondered if anyone had personal recommendations? Budget of around £150, not concerned how compact but small enough to fit in a pocket. The only snag is that I need to buy it at Argos...
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 19:33:18 »

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5593691/c_1/1|category_root|Photography|14419436/c_2/3|cat_15701379|Digital%2Bcameras%2Band%2Bpackages|14419441.htm

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: