Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Darryl Powel & Parkin to Brighton  (Read 2085 times)
Dazzza

« on: Saturday, June 18, 2005, 19:59:41 »

Powel now officially in talks and Brighton are believed to have offered 450k for Parkin using some of the cash they scooped from the Coca-Cola competition.

Got a sneaky suspicion that Deon Burton's name will crop up shortly as well after being released at the end of the season.

Not sure what the score will be and whether King would consider it after a disappointing loan spell and a poor season behind him.

That said may be worth looking at him pre-season if anything especially if he’s on the cheap.  One of those that has the potential to get goals if the attitude and fitness is right.  Had a poor few years, not played a lot until last season but at 28 there should be a bit left in the tank yet.  

As for Brighton it’s annoying to see where they are now when compared to ourselves after being so close to oblivion a few years back.  Not that I begrudge them that too much, alright I do, but they seem to have made some good calls coupled with a lot of luck.

The appointment of Taylor a few years back had to be the turning point for them.  A solid lower league manager with a cracking pedigree and reputation that took the job on for the football after taking a fall.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 01:10:29 »

I hate to tell you this, but Daryll Powell played for the Colorado Rapids last year (and also a bit in 2003). He played only 13 out of 30 games (scoring 12 goals). I only saw 2 games that he played in and wasn't impressed - he did nothing in either game !

Lets put this into perspective, the Rapids centre forward last year was John Spencer. Yes, THAT John Spencer !

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 01:16:37 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
I hate to tell you this, but Daryll Powell played for the Colorado Rapids last year (and also a bit in 2003). He played only 13 out of 30 games (scoring 12 goals). I only saw 2 games that he played in and wasn't impressed - he did nothing in either game !

Lets put this into perspective, the Rapids centre forward last year was John Spencer. Yes, THAT John Spencer !

NMH

OOOOOOOOOh Betty!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 01:18:39 »

That's Frank Spencer
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 01:21:48 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
That's Frank Spencer

I know! Soapy Tit Wank

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 01:35:44 »

There we go Cheesy
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 08:56:22 »

That's very disappointing if Parkin leaves, but even worse if goes to Brighton for such a low fee.  I hope we can somehow tag a sell-on clause into the deal, as that could be gold a few years down the line.  If it wasn't for this minimum fee release clause we would be in such a stronger position.

Darryl Powell is no loss really - I don't think he's the player we're really looking for.

I can't see King taking the plunge for Deon.  When I saw him play for us in the home against Vale he was dreadful - he looked like he would never ever score if the ref didn't blow the final whistle till midnight.  However, when I saw him at Griffin Park playing against us last season he was quite bright, although missed an open goal from the edge of the 18 yard box.   :?
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 09:37:10 »

Deon Burton is absolutely shite.  He couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 11:57:24 »

NMH

How old must John Spencer be now, I thought he retired years ago!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 13:50:34 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"

NMH

That was the point I was trying to make. I think he is 36. He retired this year due to injuries. Spent most of last year and the one before injured. Lost all of his pace and sharpness in the box. Was able to cope in the US as the pace of games in the MLS is very slow.

What I saw from Powell was that he jogged around the pitch looking totally uninterested.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 15:31:49 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"

NMH

That was the point I was trying to make. I think he is 36. He retired this year due to injuries. Spent most of last year and the one before injured. Lost all of his pace and sharpness in the box. Was able to cope in the US as the pace of games in the MLS is very slow.

What I saw from Powell was that he jogged around the pitch looking totally uninterested.

NMH

Sounds like Hewlett!

Marie

« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 12:03:12 »

I saw daryll powell play quite a few times last season and i have to say i really wasn't impressed at all. he was the one player that i picked out for letting forest down the most. Says it all really considering how badly they played last season.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 12:07:29 »

Quote from: "nozza"
Deon Burton is absolutely shite.  He couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: