Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Amazon Kindle  (Read 17732 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 18:01:37 »

I don't own one, and I've never used one. Am I missing out?

Yes.

It took me a while to move away from books but the ease of downloads and the syncing with the Kindle App on my phone/tablet which enables me to pick up where I left off the previous night is fantastic - perfect for when you have to wait for any length of time like at the dentist.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 18:05:41 »

Agree, having one and also having the app is what really sold it to me. If you have a few minutes spare, even if you haven't got your Kindle on you, just dig out your phone and you can pick up your book where ever you left off.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 18:22:33 »

Yes.  I have had a Kindle for about 3 years and love it. Especially handy when away from home.  Got a tablet more recently and, by coincidence, downloaded the Kindle app for it earlier today. All my Kindle books synced across within seconds. Very impressed! Lots of free books available from various sources, too. What's not to like?

That said, I still buy quite a few reference books and travel guides etc and prefer the traditional paper variety for these.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 18:23:46 »

I'd actually say no. Holding a book, doesn't hurt your wrists after 15 mins, and a book doesn't run out of battery on the last chapter. And you don't buy genuine crappy books every other week and not read them.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 18:35:26 »

I'd actually say no. Holding a book, doesn't hurt your wrists after 15 mins, and a book doesn't run out of battery on the last chapter. And you don't buy genuine crappy books every other week and not read them.

My original kindle weighs less than a book, I only buy books I would have bought in paper form and in this day and age when everything needs charging there is no excuse for the battery to go flat.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 19:01:36 »

.....and why would you buy crappy books every other week?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 19:18:16 »

Drink and late night special offers..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 19:19:06 »

Being lazy the best thing about the kindle for me is being able to get a new book by clicking a button.

Obviously I could do the same for mail order books, but what's the point in waiting !
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 19:41:04 »

Being lazy the best thing about the kindle for me is being able to get a new book by clicking a button.

Obviously I could do the same for mail order books, but what's the point in waiting !

+1
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 19:46:42 »

Drink and late night special offers..

Ah! That explains it. Whatever you do, don't mix drink and eBay then.  God knows what you'll end up with!   Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 20:05:11 »

Yeah tell me. I once ended up in the frame for 10 gold and platinum discs at £150 a pop..
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 20:06:50 »

Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: