Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greer Brighton Captain  (Read 2636 times)
1989Monkey

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 07:56:37 »

Greers been appointed captain of Brighton. Interesting that the Brighton fan on here the other day believed they were about to make a new signing that was captain material but obviously this has fallen through then if Gus has now made his decision already. Im disappointed he's suspended on Saturday as I believe we really could have tested his lack of pace. Ah well it gives them an excuse when they've lost that 'they didnt have their captain playing'
Barry Scott

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 08:23:06 »

It's to be expected. I'm not that bothered about him anymore to be honest. The improvements made in the team were well worth the sacrifice of Greer. Is our team better than last season? Undoubtedly. And by some margin I feel.

I also watched a load of the archive on STFC Player last night and it has to be said, I'd forgotten how often he was caught out, turned and or made silly mistake and decisions last season. I take strength from that, be it true or not.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 08:43:11 »

i dunno how people can say we are better-stronger than last year.we don't know that yet.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 08:50:15 »

Its true Arriba, we dont know.

Our SQUAD does look stronger on paper, it remains to be seen if the 1st team is.
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 09:04:10 »

Good luck to Greer, he came to the club when we were in trouble and was one of the factors for us staying in League One back in 2008/09 and personally I rated him as a defender and as a captain.  However lets move on, if you would have asked me a couple of weeks ago if I would have swapped Greer for Ferry and Caddis then I would have taken that.

I also feel that if you look at our squad this time last year our squad has improved.  Gone are the likes of Peacock, Casal, Marshall, Aljofree etc who Wilson obviously thought would not contribute to the team this year.  Instead of looking at players who can do a job in League One, we are aiming higher at players who are capable of holding their own in the Championship which can only be a good thing for the club.

In Wilson I Trust!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: