Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sky Sports League 1 preview  (Read 33694 times)
Doore

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 21:30:43 »

I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, but from the first two pages it seems to be "oh my, I can't believe sky don't care about the lower leagues and just pay lip service to them with half-arsed under-researched articles".  Shocking.

I might start a thread about bears' toilet habits - new research seems to suggest they've been seen heading towards the woods holding a magazine.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 21:34:42 »

I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, but from the first two pages it seems to be "oh my, I can't believe sky don't care about the lower leagues and just pay lip service to them with half-arsed under-researched articles".  Shocking.

I might start a thread about bears' toilet habits - new research seems to suggest they've been seen heading towards the woods holding a magazine.

Passing judgement on threads without reading them is never a good idea...either read them or don't pass judgement.
Doore

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 21:36:28 »

Passing judgement on threads without reading them is never a good idea...either read them or don't pass judgement.

Fair point.  My apologies, Mr Smeeton.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 21:42:54 »

The Guardian are currently running a poll on who will win the Div 1 title -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/poll/2010/aug/04/who-will-win-league-one-poll

If you scroll to all the comments at the bottom of the page there seems quite a few predicting a play-off berth for the Town, although a couple do suggest automatic promotion could be on the cards.

The current results -

1.6%  Bournemouth 
  2.3%  Brentford 
  3.1%  Brighton & Hove Albion 
  1.6%  Bristol Rovers 
  0.9%  Carlisle United 
  7.4%  Charlton Athletic 
  0.9%  Colchester United 
  0.7%  Dagenham & Redbridge 
  1.5%  Exeter City 
  1.2%  Hartlepool United 
  4.2%  Huddersfield Town 
  1.2%  Leyton Orient 
  1.9%  Franchise 
  2.8%  Notts County 
  0.9%  Oldham Athletic 
  2.3%  Peterborough United 
  2.8%  Plymouth Argyle 
  1.2%  Rochdale 
  9.7%  Sheffield Wednesday 
  45.5%  Southampton 
  3.4%  Swindon Town 
  1.3%  Tranmere Rovers 
  0.8%  Walsall 
  0.9%  Yeovil Town 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 22:48:46 »

Seems like a nice opportunity to play a little trick. Let's up the Swindon vote a touch! Smiley

Surely much better to up the Brighton, Charlton vote etc
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 22:49:18 »

Or just all like the DaveLeePikney comment slagging off the Franchise.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 06:43:42 »

Or just all like the DaveLeePikney comment slagging off the Franchise.

1,348 Cheesy
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 07:10:41 »

From the football league one

Charlton Athletic missed out on the chance to bounce back to the Championship at the first attempt last season, as they were beaten in the Play-Offs by Swindon

That is the only time we are mentioned, perhaps they think we went up or something and are no longer in this division.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 07:18:31 »

As Reg says, more than happy for us once again to be the stealth bomber of League 1, silently slipping under everyone's radar
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 07:25:13 »

As Reg says, more than happy for us once again to be the stealth bomber of League 1, silently slipping under everyone's radar

**Pedant**  Stealth bombers don't actually fly under the radar do they ?**Pedant**

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 07:30:22 »

Absolutely.

Although I'd rather we were a stealth Trebuchet.

Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 08:07:55 »

Cant say I'm offended by the various websites predictions for us - from the outside it looks like we've lost 2 of our best players and not replaced them in addition to another of our best players returning to his parent club and not being likley to return.  Hopefully we know better.

Like others I am mystified by Charltons high placing though. lost good players and no money to replace them. Had a ropey end to the season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 08:11:46 »

**Pedant**  Stealth bombers don't actually fly under the radar do they ?**Pedant**
I have no idea tbh. As my original post clearly demonstrates I know next to nothing about advanced military radar avoidance (if that's what it is) technology.

Anyway I've been converted by BR's suggestion that we should be a stealth Trebuchet. Possibly with a couple of stealth ballistas on the wings. Medieval siege weaponry is where it's at
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 08:25:22 »

And can someone please tell me why Notts County are so highly rated?

They have a rookie manager, and they have a big Munto debt to sort out.

Also, Peterborough. Yes, they have got Gary Johnson as manager, but the Chairman,who spent a lot of money when he bought the club, has hardly spent a penny over the last few years, due to the fact that the Chairman's business is Spanish timeshare, which has collapsed. They'll be lucky to finish mid-table.

By the way, in regards to us, let them think we just got lucky last year, but I don't think the surprise element will last long.

Re Peterborough, not strictly true. Can't remember exactly who they have signed but they got Grant McCann from Scunny who was excellent when Scunny were in League 1. Posh will be there or there abouts.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 08:32:51 »

But they can...if they wanted to.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: