Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1 in 7 chance of playing Oxford...  (Read 17040 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 10:11:47 »

Can we least wait until the draw is made before we whip out our dicks to decide who's biggest and bestest?
nochee

« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 10:14:12 »

We would have to be slightly wary of playing the Pox. Its been proved time and time again that lowly and more inferior sides raise their game against mightier teams. And dont forget, it would be Poxfords cup final!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 10:15:00 »

We would have to be slightly wary of playing the Pox. Its been proved time and time again that lowly and more inferior sides raise their game against mightier teams. And dont forget, it would be Poxfords cup final!

Lets not go all Leeds United about it!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 10:16:24 »

Can we least wait until the draw is made before we whip out our dicks to decide who's biggest and bestest?

No! Cheesy
nochee

« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 10:19:38 »

Lets not go all Leeds United about it!

Why not, i cant see why we should be playing in the JPT anyway, bloody piss pot trophy and tin pot league. We are a massive club and deserve prem status !!!  Cheesy
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 11:06:27 »

Statement still stands!

More importantly, so does the result.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 11:34:14 »

More importantly, so does the result.

But due to the fact you beat us so rarely, Poxfordshire calls a day/week/year of celebration every time you do. When we beat you, it's just routine, especially at the CG.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 11:42:14 »

I would love to play them this season, but I'd be nervous as fuck before the game.

I've yet to get over the shame of losing to those tinpot tossers the last time, if it happened again I fear I may self-harm.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 11:45:54 »

I would love to play them this season, but I'd be nervous as fuck before the game.

I've yet to get over the shame of losing to those tinpot tossers the last time, if it happened again I fear I may self-harm.

I agree!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 12:36:34 »

Pox please....home or away!!

Clems Army!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 12:51:50 »

whether it's in the JPT or the FA Cup i believe it would be a sell out.

and we'll fucking hammer them (on and off the field)

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 13:19:36 »

That's what you said last time, when you were a division above us.

And it's been a long time since it's been any different  Smiley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 13:23:42 »

Put yer shirt on and strut Ghanimah!

Are you coming to Sheff Weds with me this year....?........book early!!

Clems Army!
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:17:56 »

I don’t reckon it will be a sell out due to the JPT, maybe 8-10k. After experiencing the dreadful Wembley crowd I kind of hope it’s not – the extra’s will only complain that people stood up, and in some cases used swear words to describe their yellow friends. I still haven’t/won’t forgive the 20,000 day trippers who ruined the one day i’d been looking forward to for 17 years.

Back to the Pox.  If and when we do play the atmosphere will be fucking awesome – like watching football 20-30 years ago.  I don’t mean trouble, I just mean the edginess that’s created by playing your biggest rivals for the first time in eight years. Some will say leave your kids at home for this one, i’d say providing they don’t mind hearing a few obscenities, bring them along as they’ll remember the atmosphere for many years to come.

Of course there will be trouble, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.  I’m sure I’ll get stick for this, but I really don’t care if we have to spend money on extra policing.  The fact football is so sterile nowadays is one of the reasons  alot of people don't go.  Games like this might actually bring a few people back who thought football died when The Premier League, all-seater soulless stadiums, Tim Lovejoy, Sky, Franchise, The Premier League, Sky, Spoony, choreographed goal celebrations, Tim Lovejoy etc were invented.

I don’t think there will be many other fans looking forward to the draw more than us and them.  Roll on 14 Aug.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 14:19:20 »

See it is split into 4 sections then this season north east & west and south east & west so most of the early rounds should be fairly local, so assuming we get past round 1 and we don't draw pox perhaps we can meet them in a later round on our way to the final, although chances are they will draw aldershot and get beat in their other local derby
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: