Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Karl Pilkington  (Read 11410 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 17:55:46 »

Another new discovery for me. Can't remember the last time until now that I had such a belly laugh.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 17:56:52 »

Is he the one who does the podcast with Gervais and Merchant?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 17:58:24 »

yeah
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 18:00:10 »

That's the only thing I know about him.  What else does he do?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 18:00:48 »

the good news for you then is that there are literally hundreds of shows full of pure pilkington magic!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 19:06:20 »

Get his diary BR. Some very funny stuff
Doore

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 20:05:40 »

I used to think he wan't very funny.  Then I bothered to listen to him.  Now I would seriously think about doing some quite naughty things with him.  He's ace.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 20:13:34 »

I think he's funny, but I am sceptical if he's for real.

The podcasts were really funny though, I like all three of Gervais, Merchant and Pilkington, and Ricky Gervais' laugh has me in stitches alone.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 22:16:19 »

I reckon I must be the only person in the world that fails to see the humour in Pilkington and the Gervais podcasts.

I tried the podcasts and just didn't get them. Sounded like three blokes talking shit about nothing in particular and totally devoid of any humour. The TV series was even worse as it requires twice the effort (eyes and ears) and still isn't funny.

To answer the question as to what else Pilkington does, wasn't he a radio producer before he found fame as a moron?
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 22:35:20 »

Karl Pilkington has a head like a fucking orange!!

He's hilarious, some of the stuff he comes out with is fucking stupid but genius at the same time.
I get the impression however that he's alot more intelligent than he makes out. i think when he started out
on the radio (XFM) it was legit but then it was slightly scripted as it got more popular but who cares.

cant wait for his tv show "karl pilkinton, seven wonders of the world" starts in august i think.

check it out: 
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 10:24:24 »

I haven't seen that trailer before. Thanks. Really looking forward to that show. They've changed the name now tho. I prefer Karl Pilkington's Seven Wonders of the World but it's now called Karl Pilkington: An Idiot Abroad.

Seems a bit stupid how they've subtitled everything he says in the trailer too. Can Americans not cope with a Manc accent? Doubt it's like that in the actual show tho.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 10:35:16 »

By the way I've listened to almost everything they've done together and IMO although it's pretty much all great, the XFM shows, especially series 2-4, are the best.

You can get a complete torrent off the pirate bay. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5645203/The_Ricky_Gervais_Show_-_Complete_Audio .

Or if you just want the stuff that's supposed to be free you can download all the XFM stuff which was never copyrighted  and a few other bits here.

http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Download:List

Note: The Steve show is just Steve Merchant and doesn't have Karl or Ricky on it.

Here's another newer trailer for An Idiot Abroad. No subtitles on this one. Dunno if the person who uploaded to ebay added them to the last one.

http://www.skymedia.co.uk/Advertising/TV/Sponsorship-Opps/an-idiot-abroad.aspx

« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 10:36:58 by Spy » Logged
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 20:07:26 »

thanks for that link, much better vid than the one on youtube.

ive listened to every single podcast including all the "guides to" series 1 & 2.  theyve done and ive loved them all.

check out the latest: "The Ricky Gervais Guide To... The World Cup"   had me in stiches.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 20:31:38 »

Yeah I've got the world cup one. Have you heard the xfm stuff tho?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 20:39:56 »

favourite show post xfm was actually on the bonus disc when they brought out the gervais show on cd.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: