Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ferry  (Read 9177 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 08:10:58 »

Christ knows why he didn't have a shy from that sort of position for us last season.

He did...but they were mostly off target.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:45:11 »

The Scottish Scum newspaper are reporting we bid £250k for Ferry & Caddis which have been rejected however i don't believe this article is correct.

BBC Radio Swindon reported this morning reported that we should tie up deals for them both early this week. I reckon The Scum newspaper is probably reporting on an original bid we made otherwise why would the radio seem pretty confident as them signing unless they will both be loan deals now?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 12:22:40 »

Two good additions if they come off. I guess Caddis will be more midfield than full back given his lack ot stature?

They'll improve the squad, but do they improve the starting xi? Would Ferry play ahead of prutton or Caddis ahead of McGovern?

We really need a Forward, and if Ball is going to be playing left side then two more forwards, before the start of the season, hope something is in the pipeline.
land_of_bo

« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 12:25:00 »

he he. Lincolns goal was a Mustafa Caroyal (sp) Albert Jarret combo. Double Swindon rejects.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 12:33:33 »

if we do get them, then a defender and another striker would complete the jigsaw.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 12:47:11 »

Two good additions if they come off. I guess Caddis will be more midfield than full back given his lack ot stature?

They'll improve the squad, but do they improve the starting xi? Would Ferry play ahead of prutton or Caddis ahead of McGovern?

We really need a Forward, and if Ball is going to be playing left side then two more forwards, before the start of the season, hope something is in the pipeline.
All about strength in depth mate, can't see Caddis getting in to start with but I am sure he will prove his worth when given the chance. Much like Darby last season, who took advantage of Amankwaah getting injured and kept his place.

Agreed on the forward point.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 12:59:37 »

All about strength in depth mate, can't see Caddis getting in to start with but I am sure he will prove his worth when given the chance. Much like Darby last season, who took advantage of Amankwaah getting injured and kept his place.

Agreed on the forward point.

Cadis will definitely start hes a brilliant full back, he's better than big Kev.  He gave Hinkel a massive run for his money last season to become Celtic's first choice right back.  He has represented and captained Scotland at most levels (obviously not the full squad yet).  He is tipped as a regular for the Scottish national side in the next couple of years.  We would not be signing an unknown rookie here we would be signing someone in Cuthberts class.  He would be a massive statement of intention by the board to have a real go at promotion this season.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 13:04:52 »

From what i've been told the bid of £250k for Ferry & Caddis isn't far off the mark but what The Scum newspaper have failed to mention is the add on's which will make the offer rise in price.

If this is true it could very well mean our deal has been rejected however i'm still confident we can get them on loan
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 13:10:41 »

Much rather get them in permanently, If they did well here on loan they wouldn't come back next season.

Think we need to push the boat out to get these 2 permanently, Even if it means spending abit more, They are worth £400,000-£500,000 easily, Plus i think they would do well here and in 2-3 years time i reckon we could make big profits on them.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 13:10:54 »

I'd have thought that we would have had a strong enough relationship with Celtic to discuss the fee rather than having to put in bids blindly.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 13:12:12 »

We know that both of them are way down the pecking order so i think we will get them on permanent deals.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 13:29:41 »

He did...but they were mostly off target.

Indeed. Ferry's a good player but he cant shoot for shit
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 16:31:03 »

Indeed. Ferry's a good player but he cant shoot for shit

I don't think that its that he can't shoot, more like won't. He has good technique when it comes to striking the ball, which was obvious from the goals he did score for us - I remember towards the end of the season he let fly once or twice, at least one required a very good save.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 18:19:44 »

like the volley against exeter at home cleared off the line
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 19:14:07 »

like the volley against exeter at home cleared off the line

I still can't believe that didn't go in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: