Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ferry  (Read 9176 times)
pauloantony

« on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 20:56:30 »

Not long back from the Lincoln v celtic game on saturday,
Tell you what....if you secure ferry and caddis for £350k it will be daylight robbery unless there is a major percentage of sell on clause inserted.
Simon ferry was absolutely outstanding on saturday and took his goal well (i will be very disappointed to see him leave celtic park.
Caddis......i'll tell you what guys,you will like till boy alot.A fullback whom can play winger,very very quick and for a wee guy hard as nails. brilliant at hitting the bye line followed by a wicked cross (if you have a big striker he will have a field day)

question for you guys though....

Gary hooper from scunthorpe .....is he really worth a £2.4m punt?Huh?
Sol cambell and david james??? surely well past it?Huh?Huh?Huh??
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 20:59:22 »

In this case, I hope we commit daylight robbery and soon as well.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:02:21 »

Not long back from the Lincoln v celtic game on saturday,
Tell you what....if you secure ferry and caddis for £350k it will be daylight robbery unless there is a major percentage of sell on clause inserted.
Simon ferry was absolutely outstanding on saturday and took his goal well (i will be very disappointed to see him leave celtic park.
Caddis......i'll tell you what guys,you will like till boy alot.A fullback whom can play winger,very very quick and for a wee guy hard as nails. brilliant at hitting the bye line followed by a wicked cross (if you have a big striker he will have a field day)

question for you guys though....

Gary hooper from scunthorpe .....is he really worth a £2.4m punt?Huh?
Sol cambell and david james??? surely well past it?Huh?Huh?Huh??

Hooper has scored consistently in the Championship for a poorish side. Would have thought he'll be decent enough at SPL level but perhaps not for Europe.

James and Campbell I also think would be ok at SPL level, remember Ugo Ehiogu and Ian Wright doing ok at the Old Firm towards the end of their careers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:03:03 »

I hate saying the following things because it sounds like i am having a pop at the level of football in Scotland but i think Sol Cammpbell will do well in Scotland and tbf he was not out of his depth in some big games last season.As for James i still think he would do a competent job for some top teams so will be a good signing.

Don't know too much about Hooper but all i will say he seems to be a goalscorer.

Ferry and Caddis really excite me and hopefully they will both be here tuesday.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:05:47 »

Gary hooper from scunthorpe .....is he really worth a £2.4m punt? Decent striker but definetly not worth £2.4 million

Sol cambell and david james??? surely well past it?? For me David James has got better as a keeper as he's got older. If he's free worth signing you could get probably another 2 years out of him. Sol Campbell still a good player but i'd only bring him in as a squad player.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:07:33 »

Hmmm the fact that Ferry and Caddis are still playing pre-season friendlies suggests to me that we're still, possibly, a long way off completing any potential deal.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:08:53 »

Strikers who have scored less than Hooper have gone for alot more than 2.4m.

I dunno rich we would want them fit aswell wouldn't we.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:09:15 »

Hmmm the fact that Ferry and Caddis are still playing pre-season friendlies suggests to me that we're still, possibly, a long way off completing any potential deal.

I just assumed Celtic were saving their "better" players for their European qualifier, hence why even Hutchinson played.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:10:42 »

Yeah definately DRS but still, playing well can change the opinions of coaches.

Fingers crossed that they will eventually sign.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:17:53 »

As Celtic are signing yet another midfield i do think we have a fairly good chance of getting Ferry & Caddis.

http://www.teamtalk.com/scottish-premier/6278474/Hoops-step-up-interest-in-duo
pauloantony

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:24:26 »

I hate saying the following things because it sounds like i am having a pop at the level of football in Scotland but i think Sol Cammpbell will do well in Scotland and tbf he was not out of his depth in some big games last season.As for James i still think he would do a competent job for some top teams so will be a good signing.

Don't know too much about Hooper but all i will say he seems to be a goalscorer.

Ferry and Caddis really excite me and hopefully they will both be here tuesday.

I'll be honest mate....The SPL in poor compared to the championship never mind the Premiership but that is because of the influx of poor foreigners to our game.
But the premiership (imho is a financial car crash waiting to happen)....
clubs receiving £30m sky money perseason but barely turning that amount over outwith that tv cash is a problem when paying players £50k+ pw.
Unfortunately 'world football' is in a financial mess and the cghickens are coming home to roost.....clubs WILL disappear.
Bring our own through such as Ferry will be our future and our £10m 46 acre training facility  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-486773/Lennoxtown-let-Celts-match-elite-pitch-it.html will be put to the test.

Rangers (spit!) have their problems aswell £30m in debt,every income stream sold off and bleeding cash is bad enough but chat of a £50m tax bill heading their direction in music to my ears.
pauloantony

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:27:13 »

I just assumed Celtic were saving their "better" players for their European qualifier, hence why even Hutchinson played.

it was all our youth team except for recent signing Daryl murphy who didnt travel on our us tour
The first team squad had two games against sporting lisbon and man united last week and will be rested for our Champions league qualifier next wed.
pauloantony

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 21:32:54 »

As Celtic are signing yet another midfield i do think we have a fairly good chance of getting Ferry & Caddis.

http://www.teamtalk.com/scottish-premier/6278474/Hoops-step-up-interest-in-duo
you will definately get both.

The s.korean right back pushes caddis further down the pecking order.
If the Israeli CM signs like the mexican international Ferry wont get a look in.

However!

both are rated highly and clauses will need to be agreed imo
santasdead

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 22:01:49 »

Ferry's goal was mint. Christ knows why he didn't have a shy from that sort of position for us last season.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 06:26:30 »

Where are the highlights?

EDIT. right here:

« Last Edit: Monday, July 26, 2010, 06:28:25 by jayohaitchenn » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: