Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poole Away  (Read 17139 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 21:45:40 »

he didnt look up to the task against forest, not that im knocking him, but he seemed to want too long on the ball and was not strong enough, but all that will come with game time
Spot on. He needs time to learn, be that with us or out on loan.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 22:52:47 »

Can't be arsed to post tonight, going to bed in a mo
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 23:47:16 »

Can't be arsed to post tonight, going to bed in a mo

Ditto, suffice to say O'Briens goal was bloody awesome, but 2 minutes before that he missed an easy opening.

Bloody chilly out there tonight, a good run out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 09:02:20 »

It certinally didnt feel like August!

Solid performance really, gave away 2 sloppy goals in the second half.

Charlie played 60 mins and got the goals im sure he really wanted, first one was a great finish and the second one was a tap in. He also walked around the whole pitch when he was taken off to see everyone and do autographs, which was good off him.

I was really impressed with AOB last night (i know it was only Poole) but on more than one occasion he ran through there whole defence, and scored a great goal. He also did a similar thing in the 2nd half but he squared but we couldnt finish it.

Billy Bodin had a very good game, took his goal excently, and held the ball up quite well.

Number 7 Josh Parsons also look like a handy player, has a good delivery on him.

Both full backs kenedy and Thompson had good game, despite Thompson hobbling off towards the end, didnt look too serious though.

Timlin had a solid game, nothing special just did what he had to do, that Abdul Said showed a few good touches but agian just a solid performance, nothing special.

The keeper with the unspeallable last name had a very good game, i was impressed with him, he always telling the back 4 what to do.

Overall a solid perfrmance, with some promosing individula performances aswell. It was a good run out for them.

I was also impressed with the way Poole, didnt give up and got their reward with 2 goals in the second half, and their number 5 CB was a huge unit!

I also met DW, had a chat with him and i now love him even more that i did before!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 09:14:41 »

Yeah pretty much agree with Langers.

Nice to meet stfcinbmth, shame about the tickets but hey ho mate can't be helped!

Great goals from Austin & O'Brien, Bodin took his well too, a couple of sloppy bits of defending but by a very young defence, Thompson was caught out at the back on a few occassions and is not ready for the first team yet on that showing, good going forward though.

Bodin had some good touches, Timlin was typical Timlin, could play a killer ball but chose to play it sideways much to the digust of DW who time after time kept on telling him to play a killer ball...which he didn't.

Kennedy looked solid with a few good passes thrown in. Abdul Said started slowly but got into the game and played quite well in the end, the only thing being hes quite lightweight, much like Bodin who got bundled off the ball a few times, needs to bulk up even more than he has in the last year.

Both Centre backs did ok against much older players, and Jakub in goal made a few very very good saves, couldn't really do a lot with both their goals, just needs to command his area a little better and catch some crosses when he decided to punch them, but thats confidence I think not ability.

Overall a good run out against a side that only made a couple of poor challenges and that were up for the game and played some excellent passing football, matching us for a lot of the game.

750 attendance.......ok, but looked more like 300 to me!

Roll on the new season.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 09:15:57 »

Was quite surpries how may town fans were there, Looked like over 100 to me.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 09:18:41 »

Was quite surpries how may town fans were there, Looked like over 100 to me.

It did look like about a third of the crowd were Town fans.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 10:08:57 »

Nice to meet you too JJ. Hope you and Langers enjoyed yourselves, I'm still hungover.

Good game throughly enjoyed it. Swindon certainly put on a more impressive display than Poole's near neighbours. Charlie seemed to have a good time, and took his first very well
O'Brien was like shit off a shovel and a real handful all night, if he can stay fit then he will be very handy to have around. Bodin had a good game, and the center backs also did very well, blocking a lot of the Poole efforts if the first half

Second half Poole came back into it and scored two neatly taken goals which tbh they did deserve

No niggly or dangerous fouls, in fact hardly any fouls at all, the ref did a good job, which bodes well for Poole and Swindon to do it all again at the opening of our new ground when that materialises

All in all I think everyone had a really good time and thanks for coming
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 10:10:42 »

Yeh, was very enjoyable.

Is it always that cold in Poole!?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 10:13:34 »

It was pretty chilly, but it's pretty close to the sea there that always has a bearing on things
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 11:59:33 »

Thanks for the reports. Glad O'Brien has got through pre-season injury free. What were his deliveries like? We know he can run, but so could Forest Gump Smiley
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 12:09:24 »

On a couple of occasions he good into good positions and wasted it but more often than not he either had a good effort on goal or found a teamate. He scored and got an assit, i was impressed with him.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 16:38:08 »

Photos with thanks to Andy

otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 20:41:52 »

on a side note, alan o'brien has the most 'footballer' car out of the players i've seen, a fucking great big white range rover sport (i saw craig easton driving a vauxhall astra. wouldnt surprise me, seemed a bit of a tree hugger!)

i nearly cut JPM up at the magic roundabout after forest soapy tit wank

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 22:53:51 »

on a side note, alan o'brien has the most 'footballer' car out of the players i've seen, a fucking great big white range rover sport (i saw craig easton driving a vauxhall astra. wouldnt surprise me, seemed a bit of a tree hugger!)

cracking number plate too
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: