Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone not watching SKY/BBC News?  (Read 9851 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #75 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 17:13:20 »

Over 10000 people "like this".

Oh dear.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 18:23:03 »

Over 10000 people "like this".

Oh dear.
That figure is only telling if compared with a number who dislike it. Which it can't be. Also, we don't know who has 'liked' it. 10,000 thirteen year old boys who think clicking on a link about a murderer is funny do not signal an absence of morals in our country, whereas a majority of the 10,000 being educated and in the electorate should worry us!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 19:42:58 »

He's obviously not all there if he was holding himself hostage.

Things get better but they never get good
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 20:08:45 »

I got blocked from posting comments on that page and was called a peadophile on there for some unknown reason, shows there northern mentality - thickos

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 09:19:06 »

[url width=307 height=319]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/Jamiesfuturewife/gazza.jpg[/url]
[url width=319 height=316]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/Jamiesfuturewife/sick.jpg[/url]
Oh my!  Eek
Highland Robin

« Reply #80 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 09:54:49 »

Let me not be classed as a paedo on here or anywhere else, but, whatever judgement we all may make on Moat, don't you think Cameron was just as moronic to make the statement he did in Parliament before the IPCC and others have made their full reports?  The damage Moat did is appalling, but it sounds as though there were a lot of other things that went wrong which contributed to the story, and to have the Prime Minister making such crude political capital out of it, at the same time as suggesting all sorts of other 'civil rights' changes.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #81 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 09:57:19 »

Let me not be classed as a paedo on here or anywhere else, but, whatever judgement we all may make on Moat, don't you think Cameron was just as moronic to make the statement he did in Parliament before the IPCC and others have made their full reports?  The damage Moat did is appalling, but it sounds as though there were a lot of other things that went wrong which contributed to the story, and to have the Prime Minister making such crude political capital out of it, at the same time as suggesting all sorts of other 'civil rights' changes.
Clap

Spot on.He killed someone he is a murderer simple as that BUT there were some major fuck ups along the way.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:02:56 »

Agree remember this was the party that introduced ID cards for footie supporters
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:08:36 »

Cameron was critical of the idiot facebook groups that seem to make moat out as some kind of hero, not the events leading up to the murders. I think he got it right myself.

Do people who commit other crimes deserve as much sympathy? I mean suicide bombers have been brainwashed, so should we be more understanding. Kiddy fiddless clearly aren't right in the head and maybe have been abused themself, so should we view them equally as the victims? Etc, etc.

Its a fine line.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:12:26 by Batch » Logged
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:10:39 »

Agree remember this was the party that introduced ID cards for footie supporters

And good job too, had it not been for footie ID cards I would not have anything to remind me of who I was after consuming 20 pints and being knocked unconscious by an opposition supporter
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #85 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:11:48 »

No Batch he clearly wnt into personal details about moat.

I agree with what you say about the groups but the more publicity the get the more people will do these things.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:14:32 »

No Batch he clearly wnt into personal details about moat.

Oh, OK. Missed that on the new snippets I saw.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:15:44 »

cameron condemned "'any wave, however small, of public sympathy for this man". it was one of his MPs who mentioned the facebook page.

ignoring the argument regarding whether moat deserves any sympathy or not, i don't like the fact the prime minister trying to tell us all how to feel - especially when there is still an inquiry under way.
Highland Robin

« Reply #88 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:18:51 »

He was certainly critical of FB, and I have no problem with the criticism - except this is the Prime Minister in Parliament - but he also made some pretty forthright comments about Moat as well, which may or may not be accurate, but again as PM, in parliament, it was crass.  And my answer to the general question is to be very wary indeed of making judgemental statements about these sorts of situations, where we simply do not know all the facts.  What makes anyone blow a gasket?  What happens when we do is different for every person.  He had apparently indicated that he was going to tackle the other boyfriend, and no-one had bothered to pass that information on....there is a degree of responsibility there isn't there?  It does not help the real survivors of an awful situation like this to recover if they are constantly reading the ill-considered judgements of others - on Facebook, in Parliament or on TEF.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:19:40 »

I didn't think it was Cameron's place to comment, but I have been surprised & disappointed by the sympathy shown to Moat.  As one letter writer pointed out in this morning's paper, would he be attracting the same level of sympathy if his name was Raoul Ahmed?  Doubtful.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: