Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TV sound problem  (Read 5959 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 19:53:57 »

I've been away from home and my parents have messed up the TV. The audio is fine when you're using the PS2, but when watching anything through the Freeview box you have to turn the sound right up to hear anything. There are no audio controls on the Freeview box itself so I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Any ideas?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:03:19 »

If there are definitely no volume options on the freeview box then check the cabling, assuming its scart cabled make sure both connectors are pushed in.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:09:47 »

Thanks for the advice, but no joy Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:10:30 »

Is it cabled by scart though? What's the make/model of the freeview box and TV?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:13:59 »

Might be a stupid question, (Puts Helpdesk head on) but have you tried turning it off leaving it for 5 mins then turning it back on.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:19:21 »

Is it cabled by scart though? What's the make/model of the freeview box and TV?
Yep, 2 scart leads. It's a Panasonic TV and a Grunding box.

Might be a stupid question, (Puts Helpdesk head on) but have you tried turning it off leaving it for 5 mins then turning it back on.
I have indeed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:21:19 »

Swap the PS2 and freeview scarts around. Does the sound problem follow the freeview box?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:26:39 »

I've just tried swapping the scarts for the Freeview box and the DVD player and no joy - still the same problem
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:32:07 »

When you say "swapped scarts" did you:

- physically swap over the cables? So the one that was between the DVD player and the TV is now between the freeview box and TV? If not try that.

- Or did you swap the plugs over at the back of the TV. So (for e.g.) if DVD was SCART 1 and Freeview on SCART 2, now freeview is SCART 1 and DVD is scart 2

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
If you tried both, and the issues is only the freeview is quite, then it must be the freeview box. If you can see a model number it might be possible to find the instructions online to double check there aren't any sound options lurking about.

Any idea what model freeview
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:35:23 »

I'll have a look later and see what I can find. Can't be bothered with it now. Cheers for the tips Batch!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:36:39 »

Smiley Don't blame you. Just turn up the TV and forget about it so you deafen the entire street when you plug in the playstation
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:39:19 »

Have you tried a different socket? On my old tv, it had 3 scart ports at the back and eventually two just stopped working properly. I'd got bad sound and dodgy picture. At first I thought it was the DVD player.

Only had one that worked, so had to swap Wii, DVD player, Sky all through the same one. Just seemed to happen as the TV got old. Also a panasonic
woolster

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:53:10 »

Have you tried a different socket? On my old tv, it had 3 scart ports at the back and eventually two just stopped working properly. I'd got bad sound and dodgy picture. At first I thought it was the DVD player.

Only had one that worked, so had to swap Wii, DVD player, Sky all through the same one. Just seemed to happen as the TV got old. Also a panasonic
scart leads, i thought they went out with the casette player Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 21:11:20 »

Ok, so I've now tried it with different scart leads and a different TV, and the problem persists, so it looks like it's the Freeview box that has the problem.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 21:14:59 »

Hard reset maybe?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: