Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HTC Desire  (Read 58452 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, August 13, 2010, 09:09:46 »

There's a Froyo port available for the iPhone now, but there's no power management so the battery only lasts an hour of so apparently.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, August 13, 2010, 09:16:57 »

There's a Froyo port available for the iPhone now
That's just stupid. If you want an Android phone, buy an Android phone; if you want an iPhone, buy an iPhone
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, August 13, 2010, 10:12:25 »

That's just stupid. If you want an Android phone, buy an Android phone; if you want an iPhone, buy an iPhone
i suspect it was an academic exercise so the beardy wierdy community can prove themselves to their socks with sandals brotherhood. And stick two fingers  up at the apple walled garden approach too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, August 13, 2010, 10:39:34 »

Freaks. They should be hunted down and killed with trained buffalo
Sussex

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 16:00:40 »

I've just ordered one of these, so Si Pie please be available from Tuesday onwards as I may have a few questions...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 16:12:48 »

I will be in the evenings but I can't really get on in the day anymore. Had to move desks at work and most people can see my screen now Sad
Sussex

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 16:19:48 »

That's a bit pants. I was only joking anyway.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 16:57:23 »

its been in development for a while and over the last few weeks some very sound builds have been released. I've done my research so it shuold be ok, its not 100% stable but thats expected.

Did you do this in the end?  I have a build from about a month ago.  Not a lot worked, so decided to wait a while.
Sussex

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 18:50:45 »

I think I may have dropped a bit of a bollock here that would make pauld's weekend.

Does anyone know if the Desire will sync etc. with a Mac - 0SX 10.5.8? Johnny?

Si Pie you have PM  Embarrassed
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 19:09:14 »

Just sending you a PM back
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 19:37:12 »

For anyone wanting to know - HTC Sync (the syncing program) won't work with Macs. But very few use it anyway because there isn't any need. Contacts & calendars in your Mac (or pc for that matter) can be synced to gmail in the address book options and the phone synced to gmail over the air.

Benefits are you always have up to date info on your phone and you don't have to plug it into your computer at all.
Sussex

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 19:50:05 »

Panic over. Top work Mr Pieman.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 13:26:40 »

Did you do this in the end?  I have a build from about a month ago.  Not a lot worked, so decided to wait a while.

didnt get a chance in the end, been in croyde for the weekend, might do it later of tomorrow.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 09:34:16 »

*BUMP* Voda finally released the plain vanilla FroYo update this morning. Early reports on the voda forum seem encouraging (ie it works and Voda haven't screwed it up this time) but I'd wait a couple of days for any issues to emerge (NB may well not follow this advice myself as I'm an impatient bugger).

A few points before you take the plunge:
1) You need 90MB free on the SD card and 25MB free on the phone so you may need to uninstall a few apps
2) Make sure you select WiFi only when you select the update (you don't want to be doing this over mobile data network)
3) It can take 20-30 mins and will go quiet a few times (plus reboot) a couple of times so don't panic and assume it's frozen/locked up.
4) Make sure you've selected auto data back up (Home->Menu->Settings->Privacy). If you didn't have it set, set it and leave the phone for 30 mins or so to make sure it has backed everything up to the SD card
5) Back up your SD card before you start
6) Don't blame me if it fucks up your phone, go on the voda forums and slaughter them, that's what everyone else does Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 13:08:55 »

*BUMP* Voda finally released the plain vanilla FroYo update this morning. Early reports on the voda forum seem encouraging (ie it works and Voda haven't screwed it up this time) but I'd wait a couple of days for any issues to emerge (NB may well not follow this advice myself as I'm an impatient bugger).

A few points before you take the plunge:
1) You need 90MB free on the SD card and 25MB free on the phone so you may need to uninstall a few apps
2) Make sure you select WiFi only when you select the update (you don't want to be doing this over mobile data network)
3) It can take 20-30 mins and will go quiet a few times (plus reboot) a couple of times so don't panic and assume it's frozen/locked up.
4) Make sure you've selected auto data back up (Home->Menu->Settings->Privacy). If you didn't have it set, set it and leave the phone for 30 mins or so to make sure it has backed everything up to the SD card
5) Back up your SD card before you start
6) Don't blame me if it fucks up your phone, go on the voda forums and slaughter them, that's what everyone else does Smiley

Point 5 - How do I backup my SD Card I may give this a go tonight - I must connect it wirelessly to my router first - don't think I've done that
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: