Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HTC Desire  (Read 57016 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 07:42:04 »

Yep, got it sorted not sure how as I was playing around - now I've got the problem that the internet is really tiny not sure what I've done - been playing around and changing different things, I'm sure I'll work it out somehow

Godop phone though, certainly does what it says on the box and nice and quick, touch screen takes a bit of getting used to though and learning where everything is located
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 08:21:52 »

Probably just need to change the default zoom in settings back to medium.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:50:06 »

Is anyone else having a problem switching the phone off? Seems to be if I install any apps the phone just sits on the 'shutting down phone' screen, and I have to take the battery out. I've already done two factory resets, it turns off fine then, until I install anything. It's doing my head in. Went to the t-mobile shop yesterday, to be told "if that's your only problem with a brand new smart phone, you're lucky"

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 12:00:25 »

Have you got a task killer installed? Rooted or standard phone?

I did have a thing once where it took 5 mins to shut down but was fine after that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 14:16:09 »

Is anyone else having a problem switching the phone off? Seems to be if I install any apps the phone just sits on the 'shutting down phone' screen, and I have to take the battery out. I've already done two factory resets, it turns off fine then, until I install anything. It's doing my head in. Went to the t-mobile shop yesterday, to be told "if that's your only problem with a brand new smart phone, you're lucky"
That's not an answer, you should go back and ask to see the manager and demand a fix (as in "That's caused by xyz, here's what you can do to stop it happening") or a new phone. Most likely won't resolve the problem, but fobbing you off like that is fucking shit customer service. It's a smartphone, one of the major selling points is to be able to install apps on it, if you can't it's not fit for purpose.

On the general point, personally I've installed quite a few apps on mine  (and uninstalled some) and not had this issue, but seen enough reports of badly behaving apps to guess that this is what's causing your problem - like most OS's Android has lifecycle hooks for apps so that when the overall OS shuts down, any running apps get notified as part of the shutdown sequence so they can perform any cleanup/shutdown tasks they need to do to close out cleanly. It sounds like you've got one or more apps that aren't doing this bit properly and so causing the whole shutdown sequence to hang.

So I guess what you need to do is try and narrrow down which apps are causing the problem. Do a factory reset so it's back to a clean state, install the apps one at a time, shutting the phone down between each install. That should enable you to tell which one is the culprit. Then report back so the rest of us know to avoid it.

But still go back and play hell with the shop, that's a fucking crap answer
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 16:07:13 »

I was Fucking aghast when he said it. The guy was a prick. I've gotta go into town tomorrow anyway, so will go in again and have another try.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 16:14:46 »

I was Fucking aghast when he said it. The guy was a prick. I've gotta go into town tomorrow anyway, so will go in again and have another try.
Take a bat with you, just in case
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 16:43:47 »

Also I forgot to say...I ditched Astro File Manager in favour of Estrongs. You can share files over your wireless connection. Cracking for transferring music and the such.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 16:29:49 »

Erm, went into town this morning, and amongst other business I had to attend to, I forgot to go to t-mobile. Whoops. Anyway, since my last factory reset I have only installed Battery Lite (recommended in this thread) and updated Google maps and Facebook via the Android market. It's not switching off again. I'm getting more and more pissed off with this.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 18:04:12 »

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/116150-phone-takes-ages-switch-off.html

Have a butchers at that Jimmy
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 19:51:34 »

Where's my droid - allows you to set up a code phrase to text your phone when you misplace it. It'll ring the phone even if it is on silent.

[hijack]
Anything like this for the iphone?
[/hijack]
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:00:32 »

Someone asked me that the other week, couldn't find anything on tinterweb
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:05:37 »

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/find-my-iphone/id376101648?mt=8
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:17:02 »

Nah 99.9% of the time it's in my house but on silent so not sure that would help.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 20:42:32 »

That app would do the trick - it doesn't matter if it is on silent as it will still make a noise. But you need a MobileMe subscription to use it (but not another iPhone as you can access the same thing by signing on to the MobileMe website).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: