Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I PAD OR WINDOWS LAPTOP???  (Read 15470 times)
woolster

« on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:08:56 »

ive gotta get a new laptop, but am getting an urge to get one of those i pads, any feedback please Cheesy
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:12:17 »

not sure this is a match day thread?!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:15:26 »

not sure this is a match day thread?!

I guess that depends on your view, I mean, laptops are nice but so are iPads; The thing is, which one is better?  I guess there's only one way to find out........ FIIIIIIIGHT!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:15:36 »

A laptop is a computer, an iPad is a marketing ploy to separate fashionistas with more money than sense from the former. Or put another way, it's a bit like a smartphone. But you can't make/receive calls on it. And it's too bulky to put in your pocket. So it's like a rubbish smartphone, or a rubbish laptop.

But you do get free admittance to the Cult of Jobs and other sophisticates in polonecks will admire you in coffee shops as they too struggle to do anything useful on the thing
woolster

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:18:57 »

A laptop is a computer, an iPad is a marketing ploy to separate fashionistas with more money than sense from the former. Or put another way, it's a bit like a smartphone. But you can't make/receive calls on it. And it's too bulky to put in your pocket. So it's like a rubbish smartphone, or a rubbish laptop.

But you do get free admittance to the Cult of Jobs and other sophisticates in polonecks will admire you in coffee shops as they too struggle to do anything useful on the thing
Clap
Sussex

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:22:13 »

Sooner or later the chick in the ad is going to drop her iPad whilst whizzing around on that Vespa.

Pointless piece of cack.

Unlike everything else that is currently Apple, Mr D.  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:25:39 »

An iPad looks like it would make a better Frisbee than a laptop. Something to consider should you be caught Frisbee-less during the summer.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:30:20 »

my bro in law has one and has said is just a big ipod touch. It has no cdrom so if you want to add cd's to itunes you need a laptop to sync it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
woolster

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:33:35 »

my bro in law has one and has said is just a big ipod touch. It has no cdrom so if you want to add cd's to itunes you need a laptop to sync it.
ive heard enough, laptop it is Clap Cheesy
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 10:05:32 »

You'd have to be a fool to choose an Ipad over a Windows laptop.
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 10:07:51 »

Agree with everyone else an iPad seems the most pointless thing ever. It's sub-niching BMW style (create a car to fill a need no one has). It's just a big iPhone, but without flash (no youtube etc), without the ability to phone and without the ability to use a mobile network.

Like PaulD says, it's marketing, very, very good marketing in my opinion, but nothing more.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 10:18:47 »

Unlike everything else that is currently Apple, Mr D.  Smiley
I hope you've posted that from an achingly trendy coffee shop on an iDevice of some form. Bit warm for polo necks though isn't it? Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 10:31:34 »

It depends what you want to do. No doubt 'touch browsing' is great but it's probably the best feature of the iPad.

I read a review which said it was good, but it doesn't excel in one single task.

You can get a netbook for half the price which can do more.
Sussex

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 10:54:11 »

I hope you've posted that from an achingly trendy coffee shop on an iDevice of some form. Bit warm for polo necks though isn't it? Cheesy

It'd be rude not to in this fly by the seat of your pants techno-driven world we now live in.

Soon as I find somewhere to plug it in anyway.

[url width=400 height=295]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/sussex_red/macintosh.jpg[/url]
stfcinbmth

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 11:44:34 »

To help you choose

http://tinyurl.com/ydw7mbm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: