Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Five Favourite Pubs  (Read 51114 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #90 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 12:49:54 »

What a miniscule world it is that we live in.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 12:53:11 »

Ooh brave of you!

Living in Carshalton or going to The Woodstock?!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 13:02:13 »

If it's the Morden(ish) woodstock that's very brave. was wipe your feet on the way out last time i was in there.  And depends where you are in carshalton?
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 13:12:56 »

If it's the Morden(ish) woodstock that's very brave. was wipe your feet on the way out last time i was in there.  And depends where you are in carshalton?

That's the one - Stonecot Hill! It's still very much like that but a good atmosphere when the football's on. I live up near the hospital.........brave on both counts then!!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 13:31:49 »

Seems we've got a nice little Swindon contigent down in this part of south london. I tend to drink in the Duke's Head in Wallington, although big fan of the beer garden at the Woodman when the sun's out!  Too Cool
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 14:09:55 »

Are there others down this way too then? My, we do get about! i will have to keep an eye out when i'm round and about to see if i can spot them!

I normally drink up town round Waterloo or London Bridge but if i'm drinking round our area normally The Sutton Arms or Ganleys in Morden. Classy bird me!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 14:18:05 »

Yep i use the Dukes, Woodman, and the Fox and Hounds, tend not to use the wallington ones bar O'neills occasionally. Sutton Arms, Is that the one that renamed down Sutton high street?
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 14:27:09 »

Yes, it used to be the Nonsuch Arms. Bit of a dive but does decent bitter and shows the football.

Fox and Hounds in Carshalton? Not been there for a couple of years. Has it changed much? Wasn't that great when i went there last  No
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 14:42:10 »

If we're going for international boozers i'll chip in with another few...

The Lotus Bar, Koh Tao, Thailand - Open air beach bar with cheap drinks and lots of happy hours, plus plenty of spontaneous games of football on the beach with the locals when the tides out!

The Frog and Roast Beef, Val Thorens, France - Ski lodge type bar but awesome atmosphere friendly staff and a mini stage to take on the 'yard of ale challenge' excellent bar to stop by on an evening out...

The World Bar, Queenstown, New Zealand - Traveller/student/gappy type bar. Serve teapots full of booze, always a good atmosphere day or night.

Hans Brinker, Amsterdam, Holland - Cheap nasty hostel with huge beer hall style bar and a direct line to the heineken brewery, it's grubby in their but never dull!

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 14:49:34 »

Yes, it used to be the Nonsuch Arms. Bit of a dive but does decent bitter and shows the football.

Fox and Hounds in Carshalton? Not been there for a couple of years. Has it changed much? Wasn't that great when i went there last  No

Nope decor wise and clientel wise exactly the same, I've got a couple of mates who play in bands there now and again so pop in there then, otherwise i'll use the others mentioned.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 14:52:38 »

If we're going for international boozers i'll chip in with another few...

The Lotus Bar, Koh Tao, Thailand - Open air beach bar with cheap drinks and lots of happy hours, plus plenty of spontaneous games of football on the beach with the locals when the tides out!

The Frog and Roast Beef, Val Thorens, France - Ski lodge type bar but awesome atmosphere friendly staff and a mini stage to take on the 'yard of ale challenge' excellent bar to stop by on an evening out...

The World Bar, Queenstown, New Zealand - Traveller/student/gappy type bar. Serve teapots full of booze, always a good atmosphere day or night.

Hans Brinker, Amsterdam, Holland - Cheap nasty hostel with huge beer hall style bar and a direct line to the heineken brewery, it's grubby in their but never dull!

Im with you on the frog and rosbif.  Spent many a night being entertained by shite cover bands in there whilst highly pissed.

Never knowingly overstated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 15:02:23 »

Are there others down this way too then? My, we do get about! i will have to keep an eye out when i'm round and about to see if i can spot them!

I normally drink up town round Waterloo or London Bridge but if i'm drinking round our area normally The Sutton Arms or Ganleys in Morden. Classy bird me!

Your other point there, i think Langers who posts on here is over towards Croydon, and there are others, in Streatham, Peckham and Brixton, there are 20 or 30 of us that meet up pretty regular, go to matches etc, in fact we have an AGM tomorrow*

*All go mental!
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 15:29:43 »

That's quite a few. Did you all get to know each other through the forum? I might tag along sometime if i'm not working and you don't mind a girl coming along Smiley
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 16:08:45 »

Your other point there, i think Langers who posts on here is over towards Croydon, and there are others, in Streatham, Peckham and Brixton, there are 20 or 30 of us that meet up pretty regular, go to matches etc, in fact we have an AGM tomorrow*

*All go mental!

Yeh and i believe otanswell, who occasionally posts on here, lives near me aswell.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 16:14:29 »

That's quite a few. Did you all get to know each other through the forum? I might tag along sometime if i'm not working and you don't mind a girl coming along Smiley

Yes mainly through here and fansonline (old rivals board) A fair few were in the old SSILA group, and a pretty good bunch all told, Good turns outs for london games, and I'll normally post up on here where we are meeting so keep an eye out, or PM me, and I'll let you know what the plans are.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: