Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Five Favourite Pubs  (Read 51105 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 22:28:49 »

TP's Sports Bar
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 01:42:27 »

Yep juddie. can imagine it's a great spot for weddings, just don't venture further up Studland Bay to the nudist beach for celebratary photos  Girl Giggle
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 04:05:26 »

ive never been to a pub,maybe I'll try it some day.

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 06:45:44 »

5. Wheatsheaf, Ciren. Circa 1990. College mates used to go there, a couple of pool tables, good music on the duke box. Bit quieter these days.

Up until last year, I used to do quizzes and associated events in the Wheatsheaf...probably about 5 times a year, always found it a very decent boozer, the landlord has an impressive collection of sporting memorabilia.

A problem with pubs these days, is they change hands and therefore character so quickly, what was a decent pub can go downhill etc..

Many years ago, i used to go to the Bat and Ball at Broad Halfpenny Down....usually called Hambledon....a cricket pub full of 18th Century cricket memorabilia...totally awesome maan.
Doore

« Reply #79 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 06:52:58 »

Is it considered wrong to go to a pub on your own?

Take a book or a paper and often its actually preferable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 06:58:01 »

Up until last year, I used to do quizzes and associated events in the Wheatsheaf...probably about 5 times a year, always found it a very decent boozer, the landlord has an impressive collection of sporting memorabilia.

Dave is still running it, he (used to) sponsor quite a few local sports teams. In the early 90's I was happy the place was packed full of college mates. Now I'm old I'm glad its a bit more sedate!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 07:15:36 »

And they sell scampi fries, so makes it even better!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 07:53:43 »

In no particular order...

The Gluepot - my localest local
The Beehive - have never left sober!
JJ Cathedral Irish Pub, Florence - tiny, covered in graffitti inside (in fact they encourage you to leave your mark) but a balcony just big enough for 2, looking right onto the Duomo
The Horse and Groom, Charlton - true country pub with some of the best food ever
The Red Cow, Richmond - nice atmosphere, busy, cosy and warm on a cold night, and a lovely wine list!

Honourable mention to The Globe, Leicester - it's been poshed up a bit in recent years but during my student days it was brilliant, with a massive jukebox which is sadly missed these days.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 09:29:25 »

Hate to say it, but the Jericho/St Giles area of Oxford is a quality night out

Yeah youre not wrong. Do they still do pound a pint in the jericho tavern?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 09:33:37 »

1) The Trout - Wolvercote
2) Blue Boar - Chipping Norton (my local)
3) Kings Head - Bledington (Ace food)
4) The Green Man
5) That pub before fulham away was ace (Kings Head was it?)

And an honourable mention to the Britannia - Leeds. For pre and post match amusement.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 10:24:21 »

The Chandos Trafalgar Square - cheapest pint in London i reckon although no good if you don't like Sam Smiths

The Old Kings Head London Bridge - good atmosphere (even though it's full of Millwall) and they show 2 live Sky matches at once

Churchills St John's Hill Battersea - my old local. Live music, good range of beer and great lock ins. They would also put Swindon on if we were on TV at my request much to the chagrin of the other locals who were mainly Chelsea!

The Greyhound Carshalton - Slightly pricey as it's a hotel too but a decent pint and chilled atmosphere

The Butchers Arms Greens Norton - Closest pub to where i went to school! They also serve an excellent pint of Hooky
uopuims

« Reply #86 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 11:29:51 »

Chandos, Trafalgar Square - yeah what a pub!

This is a good read - Swindon's five hardest pubs! http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=8&s=1450&ss=0&c=7659&t=Did%20You%20Spill%20My%20Pint?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 12:10:06 »

The Chandos Trafalgar Square - cheapest pint in London i reckon although no good if you don't like Sam Smiths

The Old Kings Head London Bridge - good atmosphere (even though it's full of Millwall) and they show 2 live Sky matches at once

Churchills St John's Hill Battersea - my old local. Live music, good range of beer and great lock ins. They would also put Swindon on if we were on TV at my request much to the chagrin of the other locals who were mainly Chelsea!

The Greyhound Carshalton - Slightly pricey as it's a hotel too but a decent pint and chilled atmosphere

The Butchers Arms Greens Norton - Closest pub to where i went to school! They also serve an excellent pint of Hooky

How come you know the Greyhound?  I'm in there for a quick pint later.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 12:11:51 »

I live in Carshalton! Off to the Woodstock to watch the footy tonight though
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 12:46:40 »

Ooh brave of you! I'm in Wallington, often pop down the village for a beer, drop me a PM when your'e next about etc etc.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: