Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Five Favourite Pubs  (Read 51124 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 16:15:53 »

My favourite pub in London is The Harp, Covent Garden. You can tell by the clientele that they consider it a gem amidst a sea of pretentious trendy bars. Hope it retains it's atmosphere. Always the same friendly lady behind the bar, particularly clued up about her Real Ales, of which they have plenty. Bar surrounded by a myriad of beer mats of all the nationwide ales they have served up. The best bit though is upstairs, totally a contrast to the ground floor: it is like walking into some aristocrats drawing room! Had it all to myself for the first pint I enjoyed the day of the play-off final.

http://harpcoventgarden.com/

Massive thumbs up if you are within 2 mins of Charing Cross any time soon.

I'm near there on Monday so may well try it!  Thanks!
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 17:16:32 »

1) Raoul's in Jericho (Oxford)

7) Duke of Cambridge in Jericho Oxford

Raoul's cocktail bar, and the Duke of Cambridge cocktail bar? You can't put those in a pub thread!

Jericho Tavern is a good shout, whoever mentioned that. Some people find it a bit poncy but its not really, and has the bonus of a music room upstairs and giant garden. The Three Goats is great because its Samuel Smith and well cheap despite being bang in the middle of the city centre. The Victoria in Jericho is nice, same owners as Raouls. Turf Tavern for a bit of nostalgia, and always has decent ales.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 17:20:29 »

Right - I've got some more elaborate selections:

1) Hogans in Palma Majorca
2) Molly Malones in Palma Majorca
3) Linikers in Gran Canaria (Play del ingles)
4) Les trois diablos in Nice

Anymore holiday selections
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 17:22:14 »

Yeh and i believe otanswell, who occasionally posts on here, lives near me aswell.

yeah he does, my twin brother
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 17:36:04 »

If we're going for international boozers i'll chip in with another few...

The Lotus Bar, Koh Tao, Thailand - Open air beach bar with cheap drinks and lots of happy hours, plus plenty of spontaneous games of football on the beach with the locals when the tides out!

The Frog and Roast Beef, Val Thorens, France - Ski lodge type bar but awesome atmosphere friendly staff and a mini stage to take on the 'yard of ale challenge' excellent bar to stop by on an evening out...

The World Bar, Queenstown, New Zealand - Traveller/student/gappy type bar. Serve teapots full of booze, always a good atmosphere day or night.

Hans Brinker, Amsterdam, Holland - Cheap nasty hostel with huge beer hall style bar and a direct line to the heineken brewery, it's grubby in their but never dull!

The World bar is a good shout. I also like The Bog in Christchurch. Endless fun ringing people from there!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 17:42:12 »

yeah he does, my twin brother

So there's 2 of you ugly fuckers?

I blame your parents, sometimes abortion is the kindest option.

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 17:57:41 »

Shut it baldy!

Hope your heads stopped peeling.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 08:17:02 »

Feature on the Top 10 Unusual Pubs. Haunch of Venison gets a mention.

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3312343
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 08:42:10 »

Three Goats - excellent shout. I've never been to Oxford without stopping in there for a cheek Sam Smith offering.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 09:07:53 »

Raoul's cocktail bar, and the Duke of Cambridge cocktail bar? You can't put those in a pub thread!

Jericho Tavern is a good shout, whoever mentioned that. Some people find it a bit poncy but its not really, and has the bonus of a music room upstairs and giant garden. The Three Goats is great because its Samuel Smith and well cheap despite being bang in the middle of the city centre. The Victoria in Jericho is nice, same owners as Raouls. Turf Tavern for a bit of nostalgia, and always has decent ales.

The Turf is a one off, and a fine pub.  I used to spend a fair bit of time in the Kings Arms as well.  Used to live in Jericho, but this was a while ago and most places around there were complete dives back then.  It sounds as if the area has picked up a lot since.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:30:38 »

I'm near there on Monday so may well try it!  Thanks!

Hope you have an enjoyable pint, that place is a diamond pub amid a whole host of souless places.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:38:16 »

I'm only there for a day to meet my new boss so provided I have time, a swift glass of vino could be in order. 
uopuims

« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 07:57:10 »

I hate these real ale snobs with their 'well kept beer' comments. Give me a pint of fizz any day.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 07:58:06 »

I hate these real ale snobs with their 'well kept beer' comments. Give me a pint of piss any day.

Corrected for you.
uopuims

« Reply #119 on: Friday, June 25, 2010, 07:31:12 »

I thought your favourite tipple was a pint of JIZZ, Samdy Gay.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: