Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: vuvuzela  (Read 25181 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 11:52:24 »

If anyone brings one of these to the CG there will be violence.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 12:00:36 »

Yawn. Moaning for the sake of moaning. I barely even notice them. Have you ever watched football from abroad before? This is hardly new. Embrace another culture.

Although, if just one gets thrown on the pitch, there'll be a complete ban for the rest of the tournament....

Oh well played on the culture card. They're fucking annoying, I don't care if it's part of another culture or not.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 12:20:46 »

I accept that the vuvuzela is part of South African culture and therefore part of this world cup, but they are relentless and drown out any crowd noise. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only the South African fans using them at their matches, but everyone has them at every match.

They aren't spoiling the games for me, but I do think the atmosphere would be better if they weren't there, I like to be able to hear the fans singing.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 12:29:09 »

I accept that the vuvuzela is part of South African culture and therefore part of this world cup, but they are relentless and drown out any crowd noise. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only the South African fans using them at their matches, but everyone has them at every match.

They aren't spoiling the games for me, but I do think the atmosphere would be better if they weren't there, I like to be able to hear the fans singing.

They are no-where near as loud as when South Africa played. It's nowhere near as bad as is being made out. You bunch of moany old cunts.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 12:33:52 »

Do they have them at South African rugby matches too? Can't say i've noticed before?
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 12:37:10 »

They are no-where near as loud as when South Africa played. It's nowhere near as bad as is being made out. You bunch of moany old cunts.

I agree that they were much louder for the SA game, but even in the game now with the stadium only half full, it's all you can really hear and they don't stop.

Like I said, it's not spoiling it for me and I wouldn't call for them to be banned, but I can understand why people don't like them.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 12:58:00 »

Embrace the culture? Surely they are just plastic pieces of tat you can buy anywhere in the world??
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:04:03 »

Does anyone know where I can buy one?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:05:56 »

They are actually S. American I believe, they didn't even reach S. Africa until the 90's.

Deeply ingrained into the psyche of the S. African people and woven tightly into the very fabric of African culture though, of course.

Didn't they have some in Shaka Zulu?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:29:06 »

Embrace the culture? Surely they are just plastic pieces of tat you can buy anywhere in the world??

Football culture.

I suppose really I shouldn't be surprised that Swindonians don't like something. This is the most miserable place, full of the most miserable fucking people - even if they have fecked off elsewhere. Pure. Fucking. Misery.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:32:09 by b3nny » Logged

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:34:33 »

I see you can buy them with a flag attached
Spencer_White

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:36:14 »

Football culture.

I suppose really I shouldn't be surprised that Swindonians don't like something. This is the most miserable place, full of the most miserable fucking people - even if they have fecked off elsewhere. Pure. Fucking. Misery.

Haha. More miserable than North Korea?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:36:40 »

Some bloke brought one to Bushwhackers for last nights game. Only heard him blow it twice before the game started then nothing to be heard. I suspect he was in the bog the rest of the game trying to remove it from his arse !
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:40:54 »

It's not that I want to see red and white Swindon ones. Don't want them at The County Ground. But when I see the pics of the Africans in their mental colourful hats and glasses, bouncing about like nutters... at least they're having fun. If there were no vuvuzelas you cunts would be moaning that the singing isn't loud enough. Oh there are too many neutrals in there, the singings shit, this world cup is shit. Wah. Wah. Wah.

Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 13:53:03 »

England fans singing rule britannia or the national anthem during the game makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up,not some silly cunts blowing horns.

As for culture the Zulus will be turning in their graves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: