Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102159 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 09:53:46 »

Rumour has it were coming back for Austin 750k opening bid.

Cheesy
Falmer For All

« Reply #676 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:09:01 »

That is poor. Quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself. It'll take at least 2.8million.

Sorry i couldnt resist, but 2.8 million ! your way of the mark i am afraid. No chance of that amount.

If a side from a higher division came in with a £1 million bid, i think he would be off.
Its immpossible to hold onto players at our level if a bigger club comes in with a cash offer.

We sold Zamora to spurs for 1.5 million and he had scored 65 goals in 2 seasons for us, and was also a very similar age to Austin, that was a while back now.

Hes bound to thrash a few past us on the opening day i would think.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:11:18 by Falmer For All » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:11:36 »

this time next year i think austin may well move on.not yet though.too soon
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:12:40 »

Yeah 2.8 is unreal, but our chairman has said he wouldn't get out of bed to answer the phone for a million.  But I'm sure if someone did come in for a figure above that we'd lose him.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:15:08 »

Yeah 2.8 is unreal, but our chairman has said he wouldn't get out of bed to answer the phone for a million.

Yeah, and he also said he wouldn't entertain any offers lower than £450,000 for Greer...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:16:24 »

Maybe he hasn't.
Barry Scott

« Reply #681 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:19:24 »

Hes bound to thrash a few past us on the opening day i would think.

I'm hoping for many goals next season from him. If he tears your defence a new arsehole at our place I'll love it and if he does the same to Gordy at yours I'll absolutely adore it.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:25:39 by Barry Scott » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #682 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:27:23 »

We've always known that with fitton and co in charge, often ambition is going to take a back seat to income and stability.

I'm happy with that. Don't really like ambition.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:40:33 »

My only concern is with the confirmed rumours of why this is happening, I'd rather not have him back and I'm even a little bit glad he's going. Obviously I wasn't prior to learning why and will still be annoyed at losing the skipper, but good riddance I say.

WTF?!  Since when did the rumours of a bust-up with Wilson and/or Cuthbert become confirmed?
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:44:51 »

Aren't we being a bit down on Morrison? Didn't he do really well at Southend last season and they wanted to sign him? Since that loan spell, he's only played about one game hasn't he? (can't be bothered to look it up) It could be that that spell of first team football did him the world of good but no one's had a chance to judge yet.

Wilson has had the chance to judge, and not once has he picked Morrison ahead of Greer, and rarely had him on the subs bench.  Obviously he has not thought he is on the verge of forcing his was into the first team.
Spencer_White

« Reply #685 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:50:09 »

Swindon fans need to understand that the decision to sell Greer is probably a combination of a lot of things.

You are not going to get one simple answer.
Falmer For All

« Reply #686 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:55:12 »

I'm hoping for many goals next season from him. If he tears your defence a new arsehole at our place I'll love it and if he does the same to Gordy at yours I'll absolutely adore it.

Well you will at your place on the opening day im sure. Greer is suspended.... as is Murray our main striker.
Your lads will be well up for it on the opening day for sure having lost greer to us.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:57:06 »

Doesn't jonny have a dislike of GG? I know someone on here was always quite vocal.

I don't dislike him, but I do think he's overrated. His lack of pace is a major liability which cost us dearly at times, the same for all the stupid free kicks he gives away just outside the penalty area. His form dipped towards the end of last season and he was nowhere near the kind of player he was when he joined us on loan.

I'm a bit surprised at him wanting to go to Brighton but provided the Adver is correct, I'd imagine the 3 year contract (and a wage increase) is the reason - I can't see Fitton and Wilson offering him a deal like that. You've only got to look at Aljofree to see the reason why that kind of deal can be bad for a club - some injuries and a loss of form and suddenly you've got a dead weight using up a substantial part of the wages budget.

Not sure there is any reason to panic either as we've got LJF and Morrison to step in. In the few games he's played at CB, LJF has shown he is more than capable and he'll only get better given more games there (he's probably only played about 6 games at CB). Same for Morrison, sure he had a bad season but he was excellent when he came in to the first team towards the end of the previous season.

Paying a six figure sum for a player like Greer is just stupid as there are plenty of similar players available on free transfers - save the transfer fee and you can get a better player by paying higher wages. It just highlights the difference between us and clubs like Brighton, we pick up decent players for free and pay for younger players that we can make a profit on whilst they just piss money away when they don't need to.

Everyone needs to show a bit of faith in Fitton and Wilson. They've done a pretty amazing job so far in the transfer market and I'm sure they know what they are doing with this bit of business. Either Wilson is confident LJF and Morrison are up to it or they'll get someone else in.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:57:50 »

Well you will at your place on the opening day im sure. Greer is suspended.... as is Murray our main striker.
Your lads will be well up for it on the opening day for sure having lost greer to us.

Not just that. The fact we've had to wait 2 months to bounce back from the play-off final. I'm expecting us to be chomping at the bit and raring to go on August 7th.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 10:58:48 »

Let's hope we don't repeat last season's opening game performance... although, if we end up making the play-offs again, I won't be complaining.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: