Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102086 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #585 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:04:09 »

cant wait for Brighton to come down first game of the season so we can pick them off all the way back to the station.

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:05:11 »

cant wait for Brighton to come down first game of the season so we can pick them off all the way back to the station.

what, for a bum?
Panda Paws

« Reply #587 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:26:10 »

So who's coming in to replace him then?

I'd fancy DeMerrit if possible, defo fits the bill but probably out of reach wages wise. Any other suggestions? Anyone knocking about in the SPL could be tempted?

Alex Bruce is on the list at Ipswich, but again probably out of reach in terms of wages. Liam Chilvers is available on a free from PNE and is said to be interesting Charlton. Sam Sodje is available on a free according to the PFA, Wayne Thomas has been released from Soton.

There are defo suitable candidates out there, and a little bit of looking has reassured me we can get a player of similar calibre for free or a nominal fee, allowing the 250000 to be put towards the asking price for ferry and caddis.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #588 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:27:08 »

So who's coming in to replace him then?

I'd fancy DeMerrit if possible, defo fits the bill but probably out of reach wages wise. Any other suggestions? Anyone knocking about in the SPL could be tempted?

Alex Bruce is on the list at Ipswich, but again probably out of reach in terms of wages. Liam Chilvers is available on a free from PNE and is said to be interesting Charlton. Sam Sodje is available on a free according to the PFA, Wayne Thomas has been released from Soton.

There are defo suitable candidates out there, and a little bit of looking has reassured me we can get a player of similar calibre for free or a nominal fee, allowing the 250000 to be put towards the asking price for ferry and caddis.

Maybe we won't replace him, Wilson's comments about Morrison today seem to suggest he might stick with him and Lescinel to fight it out to partner Cuthbert? I am hoping that isn't the case though and we bring in an experienced centre back.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #589 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:29:20 »

Callum Davenport. No reason why just felt like saying it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #590 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:31:09 »

Surely to God we're replacing him? Morrison is at best a player with a bright future but currently not good enough to be first choice, and LJF just is not dependable enough if we want to get anywhere near replicating last season.

And even if they're good enough, surely DW will want four CBs? one injured medium term and your stuffed if you only have 3.

I'll be shocked and worried in equal measure if do not move to replace him
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:31:38 »

Callum Davenport. No reason why just felt like saying it.

Didn't he have half a leg cut off though?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:32:04 »

Is Caddis a CB?
Barry Scott

« Reply #593 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:32:43 »

According to Wilson he can play at CB, but at 5'7" I'd guess probably not.
Panda Paws

« Reply #594 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:33:24 »

RB/RM. It was once said he can play anywhere along the back four but at 5'7" I'd be more than a little perturbed if that was the long term fix
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #595 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:34:42 »

Surely to God we're replacing him? Morrison is at best a player with a bright future but currently not good enough to be first choice, and LJF just is not dependable enough if we want to get anywhere near replicating last season.

And even if they're good enough, surely DW will want four CBs? one injured medium term and your stuffed if you only have 3.

I'll be shocked and worried in equal measure if do not move to replace him
See this annoys me.Lescinel was a bit un reliable at left back but was more than good enough enough at centre back.Some of our best defensive performances came with him at the back.

He had a horrible year of the pitch in his first full season in England last season and did more than a good enough job. As a centre back he is still young and is only going to improve.
Panda Paws

« Reply #596 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:37:44 »

Im sorry to annoy you DRS. I personally feel he has a good future with us and as his experience grows he could go on to become a very good CB but in my opinion he's still a little raw and we now massively lack experience at CB.

I would not want to rely on Morrison or LJF playing 50 games next season
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:38:04 »

RB/RM. It was once said he can play anywhere along the back four but at 5'7" I'd be more than a little perturbed if that was the long term fix

Yeah but Vincent was 5'7" or so and was a damn good CB.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:39:22 »

See this annoys me.Lescinel was a bit un reliable at left back but was more than good enough enough at centre back.Some of our best defensive performances came with him at the back.

He had a horrible year of the pitch in his first full season in England last season and did more than a good enough job. As a centre back he is still young and is only going to improve.
Agreed. 23 is still an age where the player is learning and developing, and LJF has shown enough quality at CB for me, for him to stake a claim for a starting berth week in week out. Then there's Morrison - A player who excelled whilst on loan at Saaarfend, and has put in a good shift when he's played here as well.

I'd rather have the trio of CB's we have now, to the ones that got us relegated a few years back, that's for sure!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #599 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 19:40:06 »

Im sorry to annoy you DRS. I personally feel he has a good future with us and as his experience grows he could go on to become a very good CB but in my opinion he's still a little raw and we now massively lack experience at CB.

I would not want to rely on Morrison or LJF playing 50 games next season
You don't annoy me but the post did Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: