Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102055 times)
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:27:06 »

Perhaps Celtic have asked for 250k for ferry and caddis?
This would be too good to be true, but fuck me that'd be awesome

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:27:34 »

£250,000 is decent ish money but he was different class last season so it aint enough.pretty gutted to be honest,and he must have been offered better terms than here.

that's our top goalscorer, and best captain is 20 years gone already.any club with the slightest of sense will snap up cuthbert
Spencer_White

« Reply #572 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:27:55 »

I'm not angry at all about this. We made a £250k profit in 12 months on someone who was supposedly shit and crippled. Overall he was a good player and a good captain but he had some major failings hence why he'sin the 3rd Div.
I don't know what the reason for his departure is and I couldn't give a shit. I also couldn't give a shit if he signs for the bum boys - rather him than me and I hope he remembers to put his soap on a rope and never to pick up a dropped fiver.
Its onwards and upwards now. I'm more than confident that Wilson will get a replacement. Its early days yet in the transfer market but I am extremely confident that by the time the season starts we'll have quality players thruoghout the team and we'll be top 6 again. .  

To be fair, Doncaster fans said he was a good player.

For instance Barry Corr is of a simmilar ability to Greer, but we werent lucky enough to have an injury free season of him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:34:39 »

If I was asked would you swap Greer for Ferry, my answer would be yes, so if the above were true - and we'd get Caddis as well, i'd be getting them the cash before they change their mind.

If that was the deal on the table, I wound have dived into the bank and paid Celtic 250k.

If Celtic wanted 250k then we wouldnt need to sell Greer to get the 250k.

Not that it matters, its all hypothetical.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #574 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:34:53 »

There's just no way (in my mind) that we'd have done business unless Greer wanted a move. People leave jobs, that's not just football, that's life!

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:35:48 »

There's just no way (in my mind) that we'd have done business unless Greer wanted a move. People leave jobs, that's not just football, that's life!
i think you are right.
a better contract might have kept him though
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:36:47 »

Feels like our squad starting to fall apart now after last seasons great finish typical town. Crying
glos_robin

« Reply #577 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:40:32 »

Thinking about it maybe after the bust up with Cuthbert and the play-off red Wilson had second thoughts about him, or even stripped him off the captaincy and he got in a strop. Maybe Wilson told him he wasn't a guarenteed starter this season.
There's a lot of guess work going on but I do maintain both the board and Wilson need to come out and explain this decision and I don't mean with some crappy 'it was good business' excuse, this needs to be a proper explanation and they need to reaffirm the targets for this season.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:40:42 »

Greer, Sheehan, Ferry, Ward and Paynter - 5 from our regular XI from last season.

Of which we owned just 1.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:41:00 »

Of which we owned just 1.

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:43:44 »

Thinking about it maybe after the bust up with Cuthbert and the play-off red Wilson had second thoughts about him, or even stripped him off the captaincy and he got in a strop. Maybe Wilson told him he wasn't a guarenteed starter this season.
There's a lot of guess work going on but I do maintain both the board and Wilson need to come out and explain this decision and I don't mean with some crappy 'it was good business' excuse, this needs to be a proper explanation and they need to reaffirm the targets for this season.
He had a bust up with Cuthbert?

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:44:42 »

a better contract might have kept him though

Maybe we offered an extension, and he turned it down. Nobody knows.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:45:20 »

Ahem. Of which we owned just 2.
glos_robin

« Reply #583 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:47:10 »

He had a bust up with Cuthbert?

Yeah the Wycombe game they had a right slanging match as they were leaving the pitch at half time, in the end Cuthbert had to just walk away.

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:48:08 »

Maybe we offered an extension, and he turned it down. Nobody knows.

nope.i should have had ? at the end of the sentence
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: