Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 101993 times)
Highland Robin

« Reply #555 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:23:00 »

Well...its a loss certainly, but who would want to hold on to someone who didn't want to be there?  If he wanted to go, he wanted to go, and so he should.  £250,000 profit from one year's (pretty good) service.  Not too bad.  There have been rumours of possible replacements - an Arsenal loanee, deMerit (we should be so lucky), and we don't know who else from Man C, Celtic or Liverpool, so, whilst glad that Greer did us proud for most of last season, I don't feel downhearted by this.......and I still don't see Brighton as a real threat.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:31:18 »

Loans players from the big clubs will all be young and fill the gap

Also, whilst I'm ranting - he was a broken down injury prone soon to be out of a job defender before Wilson took him on loan.

Wilson gave him a 2 year deal, got him fit, gave him games, made him the captian and turned his career around and this is the thanks he get.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:32:35 »

Wilson gave him a 2 year deal, got him fit, gave him games, made him the captian and turned his career around and this is the thanks he get.

bitter Dave ?
dell boy

« Reply #558 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:35:11 »

bitter Dave ?
Thats football today, no loyalty .... Greer has probably been given a two year contract better than we could offer.

Good luck sir you served us well, thanks and bloody good luck to you.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:38:00 »

Bitter, hell yeah.

I know officially hate Brighton more than Oxford. Worst fans ever...
Barry Scott

« Reply #560 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:38:25 »

I wonder whether the adver have just decided to make this whole thing up off the back of a weak source or something? It's not like they've had much knowledge for a couple of years... It's also strange that it's not been 'officially' reported yet. :clutches at straws: Smiley

EDIT: I agree Dave, my hatred for those conceited cunts has grown with every passing year.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:39:42 »

We're going to lose to cunting Bangladesh in the Cricket as well, my day is being comprehensively ruined.

I'm sticking with Barry's idea.
Barry Scott

« Reply #562 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:48:22 »

I'm just trying to convince myself this is more rumour than fact. Afterall big papers do it all the time.

It has to be a source not within the club, because otherwise it'd be openly attributed to someone. If we had accepted a bid who would know? Fitton would, but who else? Certainly not some dogs body because only the big guns would be working if at all.

Greer would know, but sometime after the fact. I dunno, I'm always a suspicious cunt. Cheesy

Oh, it was a "BREAKING EXCLUSIVE NEWS:" They've only used exclusive once before and it was on Paynter's leaving with Fitton giving the adver the facts. 
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 17:53:44 »

Not really too bothered if he leaves

Hes good against the slower defenders in the league as he has good positional play.

However time and time again he always did less well against the quicker strikers in our league who tended to play off his shoulder. 

JFL is more then adequate cover and once JFL and Cuthbert play a number of games together, im sure they will do fine.

Im more then confident Wilson could spend half of the £250,000 and get a better replacement anyway.  Also the remainder could be put towards buying caddis and ferry
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:08:58 »

Perhaps Celtic have asked for 250k for ferry and caddis?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #565 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:09:24 »

I'm not angry at all about this. We made a £250k profit in 12 months on someone who was supposedly shit and crippled. Overall he was a good player and a good captain but he had some major failings hence why he'sin the 3rd Div.
I don't know what the reason for his departure is and I couldn't give a shit. I also couldn't give a shit if he signs for the bum boys - rather him than me and I hope he remembers to put his soap on a rope and never to pick up a dropped fiver.
Its onwards and upwards now. I'm more than confident that Wilson will get a replacement. Its early days yet in the transfer market but I am extremely confident that by the time the season starts we'll have quality players thruoghout the team and we'll be top 6 again. .  
woolster

« Reply #566 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:14:48 »

wycome away he was dreadfull, he had an argument with another town player at half time, cant remember who it was now, anyway IMO he has been shit ever since Smug Fuck Off
Rich Pullen

« Reply #567 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:15:41 »

If he doesn't want to play for Swindon then to hell with him. No point in keeping people here if they're not committed to the cause (eg Aljofree).
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:23:24 »

Meh.....I'll get over it. He was good, but i'd be more fucked off if Cuthbert left.

Next!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Barry Scott

« Reply #569 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 18:25:18 »

Perhaps Celtic have asked for 250k for ferry and caddis?

If I was asked would you swap Greer for Ferry, my answer would be yes, so if the above were true - and we'd get Caddis as well, i'd be getting them the cash before they change their mind.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: