Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102082 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:27:46 »

How many Swindon fans would turn up every week at Withdean season after season...

Non. To be fair its a bit of a commute and usually Swindon only play their once a season.

is going to get the most frigid of pussy slightly damp i would think.

Smiley

With regard to Greer, i would say the deal will happen, i honestly dont believe we would keep coming back with increased bids if we hadnt been given encouragment from the player to do so.

That's my worry, maybe he isn't happy here for some reason as (no offence) it would be a sideways move football wise.

That said, he has 1 year left on his contract and so needs to secure a new one. An agent may be talking up interest to get him a better deal here, or if not then Brighton.

Falmer For All

« Reply #361 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:36:42 »

Non. To be fair its a bit of a commute and usually Swindon only play their once a season.

Smiley

That's my worry, maybe he isn't happy here for some reason as (no offence) it would be a sideways move football wise.

That said, he has 1 year left on his contract and so needs to secure a new one. An agent may be talking up interest to get him a better deal here, or if not then Brighton.

I would agree it would be a sideways move for him at present. I can only assume he just wants to give it a go somewhere else, if in fact the deal does happen, or he is just trying to get the best deal out of you he can for a new contract.
We are looking at other centre backs now apparantly. Covering our options in case we dont get Greer or playing hard ball indicating we wont pay more i dont know.
Sussex

« Reply #362 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:38:33 »

Maybe he just wants to live somewhere nicer.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 13:15:27 »

Greer won't go.
Barry Scott

« Reply #364 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 13:20:00 »

"Greer won't go, won't gooooooooooooooooooooo, won't go away... Greer won't go, won't goooooooooooooo, i'm begging you to say, whey eh, eh...."

I'm here all week.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 13:35:00 »

How many Swindon fans would turn up every week at Withdean season after season... and sit with no cover at that Shithole for £24 a game !... let me tell you it tests even the most loyal fan.

Well I would, whilst I've never had to encounter anything as bad as the Withdean multiple times. I'd watch Swindon in any old fucking dump because the end of the day - its still Swindon Town.

With regard to Greer, i would say the deal will happen, i honestly dont believe we would keep coming back with increased bids if we hadnt been given encouragment from the player to do so.

Unless I've missed something - you havent? you said you had made a bid when you hadnt. You made a bid, we rejected it and its all gone quiet since?

Also, if I were you - I wouldnt get too excited about Gus Poyet - he's left every job he's had first chance he gets.

[/quote]
Falmer For All

« Reply #366 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 13:52:14 »

Well I would, whilst I've never had to encounter anything as bad as the Withdean multiple times. I'd watch Swindon in any old fucking dump because the end of the day - its still Swindon Town.

Unless I've missed something - you havent? you said you had made a bid when you hadnt. You made a bid, we rejected it and its all gone quiet since?

Also, if I were you - I wouldnt get too excited about Gus Poyet - he's left every job he's had first chance he gets.

Try Withdean 23 times a season, for 10 seasons and get back to me on that.... at £24 a go, im just saying its easy to see why crowds have dwindled. The new ground is understandably selling out like mad.

We have bid several times for Greer, wether you have been informed of it i don't know. I think we will probably try one last time yet.

As for Poyet, this is his first managerial appointment, he has always been a number 2 up to now. And is on the verge of signing a 4 year deal.... ( means fuck all I know ) but does show a level of commitment on his part, and has rumoured to have turned down the Swansea job this week....
I am wise enough to know that should we have a half decent season next season then Poyet will be very difficult to keep hold of even with the new stadium on the horizon.

« Last Edit: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 13:57:14 by Falmer For All » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 13:58:16 »

Poyet was offered the managers job here but decided to follow Wise instead.

I think if you had bid as many times as you claim, we'd have heard about it.
Falmer For All

« Reply #368 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:00:31 »

Poyet was offered the managers job here but decided to follow Wise instead.

I think if you had bid as many times as you claim, we'd have heard about it.

Perhaps he didnt want the Swindon job ?

Im only reporting what has come out of BHA, that several bids have been turned down, wether your chairman chooses to report them or not is upto him.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:02:35 »

Perhaps he didnt want the Swindon job ?

To be fair I wouldn't have blamed him if that was the case at the time. We were a bit of a mess.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:08:06 »

Im only reporting what has come out of BHA, that several bids have been turned down, wether your chairman chooses to report them or not is upto him.
[/quote]

Well if it came out of Brighton then it must be true.
Falmer For All

« Reply #371 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:27:23 »

Well if it came out of Brighton then it must be true.

If you choose not to report the bids it must be true you havent had any then....
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:30:55 »

If you choose not to report the bids it must be true you havent had any then....

Yes we all know talk in the Brighton papers is worth more than words direct from the Chairman, how stupid of us.
Falmer For All

« Reply #373 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:30:58 »

Probably bullshit but there is a rumour going around on our board that Greer has lost the captaincy at your place.

Any truth in that ?
Falmer For All

« Reply #374 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:34:42 »

Yes we all know talk in the Brighton papers is worth more than words direct from the Chairman, how stupid of us.

Confirmation of several bids have come direct from our Chairman and Manager, not just made up by the local rag.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: