Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102006 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Friday, July 2, 2010, 10:05:38 »

Apparently Poyet always gets his man according to the comments under this new article!
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/8248105.Poyet_plans_next_move/

I thought he was Uruguayan, not Canadian.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
glos_robin

« Reply #331 on: Friday, July 2, 2010, 10:17:18 »

What a bunch of arrogant gits.
My thoughts exactly if you read some posts on there forums some people suggest players are delaying signing for a club just incase the mighty Brighton are interested in them. I dread to imagine what the BHA supporters are going to be like next season when they are actually in their new stadium, Leeds eat your heart out!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Friday, July 2, 2010, 13:16:41 »

That Greer has said he has no desire to move to Brighton and has signed a contract extension. That would do it.

Its not over until that happens or Brighton sign someone else instead.
I think Fitton should employ a fat lady to sing "Fuck off you're not signing Greer" in Brighton town centre.
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 00:08:50 »

My bad. I misread that.

What a bunch of arrogant gits.

Not really. Wilson has admitted every player has a price. If Gus is determined, he can bid an ammount you will accept.
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 00:09:45 »

My thoughts exactly if you read some posts on there forums some people suggest players are delaying signing for a club just incase the mighty Brighton are interested in them. I dread to imagine what the BHA supporters are going to be like next season when they are actually in their new stadium, Leeds eat your heart out!

Err not really. I think you'll find we know most people are holding out on better offers and thus rejecting us. Prutton for a start and possibly Lee Hendrie.
china red

« Reply #335 on: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 00:14:19 »

Every player has their price, for the old board it would have been the first offer that came in.
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 00:15:15 »

I just had a look at that North Stand Chat and I've got to say I'm a little bit confused to be honest. Yes their new ground is going to be pretty nice asthetically but it not gonna be anywhere near 'one of the best grounds in the country' as they keep trying to claim, it's not even going to be particularly big. They just seem to think that ground will guarentee them Premiership football soon and that every player in the world will want to play for them because of it. When we redevelop the county ground then we'll be in exactly the same position but we aren't all bleating that we're about to become some 'massive' club.

If Greer goes it'll be because of money and nothing else and will just show they're having an all or nothing punt to try and play their first match at the new stadium in the Championship. It'll be nothing to do with players perceiving them as an 'upcoming force'.

No one thinks it brings a guarentee of Premiership football and no one thinks every player will want to play for us. No one thinks we are massive or will become massive. My god you lot like to exagerate dont ya!

Of course we're bloody excited moving into a new stadium. We've been without our own home since 97! Too see the stadium going up is just amazing.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #337 on: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 08:46:35 »

To see cunting thing go down will be better.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #338 on: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 10:22:29 »

Err not really. I think you'll find we know most people are holding out on better offers and thus rejecting us. Prutton for a start and possibly Lee Hendrie.
You're more than welcome to Lee Hendrie - a joke of a player who has pissed his supposed talent up the wall along with Steve Bruce's daughter - allegedly.
As dor David Prutton - if he's going to come to either of us, its us.
Spencer_White

« Reply #339 on: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 12:05:55 »

Lee Hendrie!!!! AAaaahahaha

What a great signing in league 1 he would be. Not.
Dazzza

« Reply #340 on: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 12:25:38 »

Lee Hendrie a man in a baby's body wouldn't last long in league one.  I did rate him years ago at Villa but he's past it and lost that pace that once made him so dangerous.

Shame as he looked a good prospect until you realised he was 25 not 15.

seagull

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 22:48:36 »

We had him on loan last season and you could see he had that touch of class about him. He wasn't brilliant for us by any means but he did pretty well.
Spencer_White

« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 12:33:15 »

He might be able to do a few games, but when was the last time he did a good season? A decade?

Our success last season was built on players like JP McGovern, Douglas, Greer, Lukas, playing 50 games +. Solid motivated professionals. Charlie Austin played just about every single game from November onwards.

Lee Hendrie is a complete football washout! With the Premier League as it is now you get more and more of these jokers hanging around. Ruddock nearly finnished us off. Eddie Newton nearly finnished off the scum.

I read hes holding out for money, and Im sure some set of mugs will pay it. HOPEFULLY YOU!!!
Barry Scott

« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 17:00:37 »

I know it's starting to feel a bit like this thread is dedicated to picking on Brighton, but eh, the nail that sticks up gets hit. I just saw this comment from a Brighton fan on 606, where a Yeovil fan asked what Virgo was like. I think it's fair to say I won't be the only one laughing should they fail to live up to their own rather amazing opinions of themselves.

Quote from: Brighton Fan
He is still good enough for league 1 in my view. However not for sides like us (brighton) who are pushing for a play off spot this year.

He is good enough for sides that want to just foucs on staying up e.g. you lot (Yeovil).

So yeah i would say that would be a good signing for you lot.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 17:56:18 »

To be fair, he didn't go over the top. Saying you're pushing for the play-offs is hardly taking the Leeds approach is it! It'll be interesting to see whether Brighton are as good as they think they are this year (which in my view would mean finishing in the top 7).
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: