Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102049 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 11:33:45 »

As is Douglas and possibly Pruton, let alone Mcgovern.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 11:39:50 »

That's all well and good but none of them are defence leading centre backs.

We shouldn't be selling off this team, period.

Add to it and get fucking promoted.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 11:40:34 »

Yeah, but if the offers that good. I would take it.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 11:46:18 »

Both Wilson and Fitton have said we are a selling club and by selling of an asset every year or two is the only way a club like ours survives. Greer is an excellent captain and i wouldn't want to see him go at all. Realistically though if Brighton are foolish enough to offer 450k (not sure where this figure has come from?) then we aren't the sort of club that can ignore it. Greer is 29 and in the last year of his contract. As stated 450k could bring in a 2 or 3 excellent siginigs, maybe even another leader?

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 11:51:24 »

I agree Dave, but if someone offers silly money then we should take it. Would you rather keep Greer or buy two new greers and a new striker?

No brainer.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:05:57 »

If you could get two new Greers and a striker for the price of Greer then don't you think Brighton would have gone after these mystical free transfer Greers in the first place?

If Brighton are offering decent money for a 29 year old defender with 1 year left to run then that to me indicates there aren't enough 'Greers' out there. 

So wouldn't we just end up splashing all the Greer money on a new Greer anyway - which leaves us no better off.

Spencer has it spot on. Get him in, sit him down and offer him a new deal. Let him make the decision for us. If he commits to us then we can reject all offers of any money. If he doesn't commit then we think about cashing in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:14:39 »

That depends on your idea of silly money Juddie. For example, 250k isn't enough in my book, 600k and you have to think about it. Anything inbetween is a bit meh. I realise 600k is unrealistic BTW, hence silly money!

Replacing Greer would be difficult, I have no doubts.

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:15:07 »

YER HEARTS IN YER MOUTH EVERY TIME THE BALL GOES NEAR HIM INCASE HE FUCKS UP. unless its in the air. Was that loud enough ?

you obviously know your football.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:16:32 »

Of course there are plenty of other Greer type players out there, no-one is irreplaceable. Who thought Charlie would be a 20 goal striker to replace Coxy? Plus if we did sell Greer it would be because Wilson had someone of similar ilk in the pipeline surely?

However i do agree about offering him a new contract and letting him make the decision.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:24:59 »

If you could get two new Greers and a striker for the price of Greer then don't you think Brighton would have gone after these mystical free transfer Greers in the first place?

No because i suspect Poyet's knowledge of players in the lower leagues is lot less than Danny's.  Poyet's knowledge is probably restricted to first team players within the league he manages whereas Danny will know about all english leagues/scotland etc
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:28:59 »

I'll fully admit I'm no expert of Brightons back room staff however, I assume they have coaches and scouts who do know the lower leagues? How extensivley is another matter though...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:31:26 »

Brightons scout watched Greer at least 7 times last season.
dell boy

« Reply #297 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:34:02 »

Greer came to us because he could not hold a position in an average championship side.

But he has been bloody fantastic for us in Division One, and I'm sure he will be good again in Division One next season. Fitton/Wilsons policy seems to be buy players who will adapt in a higher level, if we do go up Greer might not be first choice next season, so with one year left on his contract it is in our interests to make sure he is here for coming season, but it will probably be his last season, he didn't cost fuck all to start with, not worth trading in now.
We really missed him at Wembley, showed just how much he held them together at the back.

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:43:43 »

Greer came to us because he could not hold a position in an average championship side.

But he has been bloody fantastic for us in Division One, and I'm sure he will be good again in Division One next season. Fitton/Wilsons policy seems to be buy players who will adapt in a higher level, if we do go up Greer might not be first choice next season, so with one year left on his contract it is in our interests to make sure he is here for coming season, but it will probably be his last season, he didn't cost fuck all to start with, not worth trading in now.
We really missed him at Wembley, showed just how much he held them together at the back.

spot on dell boy.
i'm not surprised brighton want him.he would do a fine job at any of the teams in our league.
i dont think some people appreciate how good the bloke has been for us
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 12:49:03 »

Doncaster fans seemed to rate Greer, like we rated Barry Corr 'when he's fit'

He's played a lot of games for us so hopefully all of that is behind him.

Don't see why he couldn't have a good go at Championship level.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: