Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dumitru Copil  (Read 8374 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 15:42:18 »

Im not getting involved.

Never knowingly overstated.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 15:56:21 »

Let sleeping dogs lie ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 16:31:15 »

I'd stop it if I where you, otherwise DRS might pinshcer.
Miller Jambo

« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 16:47:00 »

A jambo here for you

Hope for your own sake this isnt true.Copil is/was a petulant little child who took the club for a ride and produced nothing.

We signed him at 17 for 150K after fighting off celtic and liverpool and were excited about the next "hagi" with promises of first team football in a year etc

He went into our u19 team and was murder; barely played at this level and when he did was absolute crap; weak; slow and his ability wasnt much better. He was outshone week in week out at SPL u19 level - where a lot of players arent even full professionals.

After 18 months he threw his toys out the pram and went AWOL, eventually reappeared but it was more of the same until after 3 years we gave up and let him go despite having 2 years left.

He was very close to a bulgarian at the time (Branimir Kostadinov) who had the similar story and both with their attitudes absolutely destroyed the spirit in our youth set up and time and time moaned about how good they were etc whilst delivering nothing. Beware that Kostadinov doesnt show up as well. Hes particularly impressive at morale destruction and has a brother who posts on forums etc demanding his brother play and claiming the management have agendas etc. If Copil comes Im sure Brannys agent wont be far behind.

To sum it up - Do Not touch. A grade A cunt with little ability.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 16:49:14 »

I heard a similar story from my Niddrie based Jambos supporting step dad.

Didn't like him or his attitude but did say that he had a good touch when he wanted to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 18:31:28 »

Great - a playing Malpas
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 18:37:14 »

May have grown up a bit,who knows and if he's free why not.

/
W56196272
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 18:49:04 »

In Wilson we trust.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 19:05:09 »

May have grown up a bit,who knows and if he's free why not.

Exactly my thoughts. Those couple of years since Hearts could've made all the difference.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 19:05:53 »

Whats a Jambo? Roll Eyes

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 19:11:50 »

Interesting views from the Jambo. Thanks.

I guess we have had a few escapees that we've warned other clubs fans of that ended up proving us wrong, like, erm, welll.

Obviously it goes without saying he'd be judged on his Swindon Town performances
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 19:14:12 »

Whats a Jambo? Roll Eyes
A Hearts fan. Having been on Hearts books, forget the guys temperatment, I hope he can take the step up in class.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 19:19:23 »

I reckon if he steps out of line a bollocking from DW would bring him back down to earth with a bump, Im pretty sure a tongue lashing from him would blow your socks off. Infact I remember reading somewhere ages ago that when he first came in and we were fighting relegation some of the players were actually scared to go in at half time because of what they thought his reaction would be to a shit first half. Sheehan had a bad rep at Lids for being a bit of a cunt, but we've not had or certainly not seen anything bad about his temperament.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 19:39:29 »

Don't think we are signing him anyway.
Miller Jambo

« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 20:50:44 »

He was released by us barely over a year ago (March 2009) and I sincerely doubt he has done much growing up since then; a lot of his problems related to wanting to go home etc so I doubt a year at home has cured that.

As for a step up in class  The SPL may have a bad reputation but its well proven that SPL players are above Swindon quality; at least at the moment.

As for DW giving him a rollicking. I very much doubt that will have any more affect than the regular ones he received from our academy director, u19 manager, owner and managers

I suspect if you do sign him like us you will end up forking out over the odds for him and his mothers caravan - yes he actually made the club buy his mother a caravan then give her a job - and get no return.

If you want a talented winger you will find far better around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: