Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Realistic Targets?  (Read 49523 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 09:57:51 »

Not so sure, they'll be top 6, but they are serial underacheivers, I'll revise my opionion if Clark goes, as I dont think he's got the bottle or nous, to take them to top 2.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 10:00:00 »

Not so sure, they'll be top 6, but they are serial underacheivers, I'll revise my opionion if Clark goes, as I dont think he's got the bottle or nous, to take them to top 2.

They started like a train last season IIRC. They were found out against Millwall that they didn't have a plan B. At the Den in the play-offs they were pathetic.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 10:05:39 »

Because as I say they had a young team and they blew it when it mattered most. In that atmosphere at The Den they needed an experienced head like Naysmith that they didn't have.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 10:29:54 »

Akpa Pro from Grimsby. Im only going on how ace he is on FIFA though.

Joined Rochdale i think.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 11:52:34 »

Chris Wood from West Brom on loan? Seemed to do alright at the World Cup when he came on for New Zealand. Can't imagine he will play much in the Premier next season.
Doore

« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:02:16 »

Chris Wood from West Brom on loan? Seemed to do alright at the World Cup when he came on for New Zealand. Can't imagine he will play much in the Premier next season.

He played a fair amount in the Championship last season I believe - if he was available I reckon a number of Championship clubs would be interested.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:56:15 »

He played a fair amount in the Championship last season I believe - if he was available I reckon a number of Championship clubs would be interested.

I seem to remember Rovers being close to signing him on loan last season, but i think, as you say, West Brom would be looking to loan him to a Championship club if they were to make him available.
Panda Paws

« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 13:16:58 »

Portsmouth have disbanded their ressies for next season and will instead look to ship their youngsters and second string out on loan. I know Matt Ritchie thinkks he's going to be starting for them but realistically he could be the other option wide left for us next season
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 13:53:47 »

Portsmouth have disbanded their ressies for next season and will instead look to ship their youngsters and second string out on loan. I know Matt Ritchie thinkks he's going to be starting for them but realistically he could be the other option wide left for us next season

Hmmm Ritchie could still be an option then? Whats happend to Hal Robson Kanu? He switched from flank to flank while he was here and posed a bit of a goal threat? Wood would be a great foil for Charlie me thinks. If this 99.9% sure striker is a young lad from a prem team i'd like to see a bit of a seasoned lower league striker to come in as well to provide that bit of experience from the bench etc...

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Panda Paws

« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 14:23:59 »

Hmmm Ritchie could still be an option then? Whats happend to Hal Robson Kanu? He switched from flank to flank while he was here and posed a bit of a goal threat? Wood would be a great foil for Charlie me thinks. If this 99.9% sure striker is a young lad from a prem team i'd like to see a bit of a seasoned lower league striker to come in as well to provide that bit of experience from the bench etc...

Akinfenwa as fourth striker?
Barry Scott

« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 14:28:04 »

Please no to Akinfenwa. I bet Sturrock's chasing him down as well.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 14:31:05 »

Please no to Akinfenwa. I bet Sturrock's chasing him down as well.

Agreed. He's a massive arsed carthorse
Panda Paws

« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 15:10:05 »

I kind of agree, but factoring in budget and the fact he'd be fourth choice, I'm not sure we could do better although another non-league gamble may be the way to go for fourth CF.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 15:23:39 »

Colin Fodd?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 15:38:31 »

Why does Akinfatboys name get mentioned so regularly with us?  I know he almost came to us many moons ago but please, he is an overweight injury prone carthorse, and we can and will do better!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: