Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59532 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:19:21 »

Noooooooooo  Crying

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:19:39 »

replacing your top scorer with a striker that doesnt score goals is the way forward.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:21:51 »

It's the club's fault for waiting until he had six months left on his contract, clearly they weren't sure about his ability either so Fitton and Wilson can't go crying now.

Quite a few seem bitter because he proved them wrong last season, yet he's decided to move on. He's never the fans over.

I suspect the same will be true of Pericard. We've got to start backing our own players instead of getting on their backs.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:22:16 »

Pericard was signed about the time BP didn't sign a contract....think Wilson sees him as replacement.
we signed pericard in early january, billy had until the end of march(?) to sign a contract before all negotiations were paused didn't he?
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:22:16 »

Once confirmed he isn't off to a rival team then I'll wish him good luck. Have we made him the player he is or has he stepped up his game (or both)?

Either way, I don't think we can begrudge him a move to a higher level. Nobody seemed to think badly of Cox or Parkin for moving on with their careers.

Already some incredible vitriol on the comments section.

You can't blame Paynter if it is Leeds from his point of view; Big club,good contract, but demanding
fans.

Hand on heart,how many of us really,really believe that if Billy stayed that he'd have anything like
the same sort of season again?

It's a shame he's going,but we've lost far better players in the past and still gone on to improve.

eg.Jimmy Quinn left and we brought in Duncan Shearer.

Keep the Faith.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:22:51 »

Thanks for the goals this year Billy. Really don't see him having an impact in the CCC, good season this year but both 'Parkin and Cox proved what a big step up it is. Tis a shame he is off but very much replaceable. If he didn't want to sign there isn't much you can do. Onwards.....

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:24:22 »

I agree with your first paragraph Si, hence why I think its important we start talking to Lucas, Greer, Cuthbert & Douglas asap about extending their contracts. I think they all signed 2 year deals last summer.

Get it done and get it done now.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:25:04 »

Heard Jose is having problems with ronaldo, reckon he could do a job up front?  :cunt:

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:27:23 »

I agree: good luck Billy, great season, but onwards and upwards for Town...
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:28:38 »

big loss - never rated that highly by most fans but he will be missed big time and was a major factor in Cox and then Austin scoring so many

Need to make a special signing now Danny boy or we will be back to square 1

I used to be Fatbury
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:29:39 »

More post-Wembley bitterness from Fitton!  Soapy Tit Wank I think Paynter might just have had his best season anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:29:59 »

replacing your top scorer with a striker that doesnt score goals is the way forward.

To get a proven goalscorer is going to cost, either fee or wages, or both....therefore you have to gamble...we'll get nowt for BP, so its likely to be a loan replacement..
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:31:48 »

Doubt whether it will be a loan.

How about Le Fondre from Rotherham- surely could make the step up.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:34:39 »

To get a proven goalscorer is going to cost, either fee or wages, or both....therefore you have to gamble...we'll get nowt for BP, so its likely to be a loan replacement..

Agreed. I think a young stiker on loan from one of the recent 'links' and maybe a more experienced player on a free?

People like Brett Pitman will cost a fair bob now Ballmuff are in our league as will Adam Le Fondre. Marc Richards had a good season at Vale and i think is out of contract but what the fuck do i know, Danny will sort it.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:34:55 »

Then the ball is very much in Mr Fitton's court, as to which route he wishes to go down.

As long as he's open and honest with the fans,it won't lead to rumour or false hopes.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: