Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Post game blues.  (Read 6196 times)
sn5_red

« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:10:32 »

im more dissapointed we didnt turn up (players or fans) on the day than the result. if we'd lost in a thriller we would of least had a good time
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:13:47 »

I'm obviously in the minority in that I haven't felt down at all, I was pretty happy right after the final whistle.

The season was a success, we did far better than I expected and I got to go to Wembley. More important is that I feel the best I have about the club since Gorman was in charge - we're playing attractive football, got a great manager and chairman, a legend in the making up front, an upcoming stadium redevelopment, a decent kit made by Adidas, big name sponsors and so on.

What's to feel done about?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:19:56 »

I wouldn't say I was gutted still. For me it wasn't so much the result that got me down it was the manner of the whole game. The lack of atmosphere and passion at times from the majority of our fans, the flat performance. Obviously it was gutting to lose the game but that's football and someone has to lose. We were never going to win every single play-off final we played in anyway so were we due one.

I've had to stop thinking about it to get over it though. Haven't looked at the Adver (other than the Fitton article) or watched much of the highlights (just seen their goal and Charlie's miss etc). But we move on. Let's look forward to a new CG, another challenge to get out of this league next season but before we do let's just kick back and enjoy the summer. Forget about football for a week or 2 until the WC gets under way. It'll all be a distant memory by August.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:21:23 »

Theres only 1 football league club left with a 100% wembley record. You figure out which one.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:43:55 »

Still gutted... going to forget about STFC for the next couple of weeks; don't even know why I'm still reading this forum

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:45:23 »

I'm obviously in the minority in that I haven't felt down at all, I was pretty happy right after the final whistle.

The season was a success, we did far better than I expected and I got to go to Wembley. More important is that I feel the best I have about the club since Gorman was in charge - we're playing attractive football, got a great manager and chairman, a legend in the making up front, an upcoming stadium redevelopment, a decent kit made by Adidas, big name sponsors and so on.

I totally agree with everything you say, I've loved this season, it's been the best one in my lifetime, easily. But I'm just talking about the day itself really. When I think about the rest of the season, what's happened since the start of 08, then I really have no complaints at all.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:48:39 »

Theres only 1 football league club left with a 100% wembley record. You figure out which one.

Coventry...
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:48:56 »

I was and still am gutted but my day got even worse.

Got back from Wembley and went to my local to drown in my sorrows, stayed till closing time and decided to walk up to the kebab van which is the normal routine for a Saturday night. Walking along and a lad walks out of a house offering me a fight, i was not impressed and told him im not interested so i turned around to avoid any hassle only to be bottled across the back of the head. He then walks off leaving me with blood pissing out of my head. Didnt fancy spending Saturday night up A&E with all the other piss heads so went home to bed pretty unhappy.

Wake up with a blood covered pillow and see my Town shirt that id worn all day covered in blood too, not good.
Copper comes round to take a statement and calls a paramedic over to look at my head.
Copper then tells me he's a bloody Oxford supporter and took plessure in taking the piss which was really rubbing it in by then. I did ask if he'd enjoyed watching non league over the last few years!!

All in all a pretty shite weekend but would be nice if the cunt that thought he was hard by bottling me with my back turned gets caught. got a witness and the address so will wait and see.
Hope my blood washes out of my shirt!

Sorry about the essay!
« Last Edit: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:51:42 by fish head » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:51:33 »

sorry to hear that fishy fella.i've been bottled myself and it hurts dont it?
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 18:53:22 »

sorry to hear that fishy fella.i've been bottled myself and it hurts dont it?
Yeah thats the second time for me arriba.

The first time was a lot worse.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:01:35 »

That sounds awful fish man.

I was upset when the final whistle blew, and almost let a few tears slip. The journey back was miserable. Over it now though. The worlds still spinning, nobody died and when all's said and done it's still been a great season.

And the atmosphere was cracking Wink

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:24:40 »

i don't understand why someone would bottle a stranger. i'm just a simple country folk...

i'm still pretty gutted. i've also had a horrible headache since saturday night that has totally ruined my bank holiday, yippee.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:30:18 »

I'm still really gutted. I'm nowhere near over it yet. Maybe when I get back into work tomorrow I'll start being a bit more rational. If we'd have stuffed them and got raped then it would be worse but we got what we deserve. I bet the players feel sick that they did not perform.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:36:13 »

Fish head that is terrible, hope you are ok.

I wasn't feeling too bad about the game as we were second best in all departments and Millwall deserved to win.

That was until I saw the front of the adver today, and I couldn't help but shed a few tears in the middle of Tesco!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:45:40 »

Still feel like I've been hit by a train...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: