Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley forum comments from Swindon supporters ...  (Read 20050 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #135 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 22:29:12 »

Last season against Scunthorpe Liberties were taken.

You've been watching too many Danny Dyer movies.

Prick.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 23:14:57 »

I was outside Baker Street, The Globe pub and it was actually quite a laugh, though I suspect if i'd worn my colours things would likely have been very different. Undercurrent of aggression that could easily have flared up. But as it was, all good natured. Fans dodging heavy traffic to kick footballs into the air. One funny moment when one landed onto a police van and got wedged. The avalanche of cans that were hurled to try and dislodge it succeeded in releasing it. For all their mis-directed chants of 'Who the fucking hell are you?' (i'm talking where families were involved) I never saw a modicum of violence. Millwall are old-school, we knew what to expect, but I think we might be over-exaggerating things a tad.

I to was at the globe and it was very good natured. I wasn't wearing colours so it may have been different if i was but the millwall i spoke to there were ok. Saw some swindon blokes with their kids standing about 20 feet away and no one said a word to them.

Fridge

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 23:44:20 »

I know a few Millwall fans through work and apart from wallowing a little in their reputation, there all good blokes and genuine fans.
I saw no violence on the day and most of the banter pre match was good natured.
What surprised me a little was how aggressive they were after the game. I'd expect a bit of taunting and piss taking. We would have given that out if we'd have won, but to get threats and serious abuse off the majority of their fans of all ages while stuck on a minibus waiting to leave was a bit of a shock. After 20 minutes or so it had got very tedious.
They'd won the game at a canter, what the fuck was their problem!
the german herman

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 06:40:42 »

ok then this is not 4th time lucky, im from london, not millwall area thank god, and listen and listen really carfully as i only say this once ok, if your little brain can take this, you are now in championship, you are now up against some big boys off and on the pitch, be prepared for some lessons, and lets hope you learn from them, you may not care where you go to but let me assure you on this when you get to the likes of sheff u, bristol city, cardiff, you will all be taught a lesson that hopefully you will all learn from, and then next season we will await your return, now get off this SWINDON site as its called SWINDON site for a reason, and is not for thick pricks like yourself, so goodbye, and fuck off.

I have been up all fucking night, I am waiting for a new hip. So let this sink into your head. I am not some burberry clad youth. I have been to all of the grounds you mention. They hold no fear. We are Millwall you see. Not some yokel team from a yokel town. I came onto your board as a fellow football supporter and you tell me to fuck off. I think that says alot more about you than it does about me
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 06:46:18 »

I think you need some more co-codamol and relax a little - you should know better at your age. Good luck with the hip.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 06:53:36 »

Chalkies Shorts is exactly right.

My group on the way took some verbal abuse on the Jubilee and at Wembley Park. We were aged between 16 and 65 and to a degree were fair game, although my mates dad obviously felt fairly uncomfortable.

The two old Swindon fans we saw on Wembley way being spat on and called 'yokel cunts' shouldn't attract that sort of thing. 
the german herman

« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 12:18:52 »

Chalkies Shorts is exactly right.

My group on the way took some verbal abuse on the Jubilee and at Wembley Park. We were aged between 16 and 65 and to a degree were fair game, although my mates dad obviously felt fairly uncomfortable.

The two old Swindon fans we saw on Wembley way being spat on and called 'yokel cunts' shouldn't attract that sort of thing. 
I could,nt agree more mate, Spitting is the act of a Barbarian, Anyone who does this deserves knocking up in the air to be honest
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 13:13:16 »

I travelled up to Wembley on my own from Surrey and saw no trouble. After the game a different story! Whilst walking to Wembley Park station two of our fans having handbags on the corner of the street! Both wearing town colours and hi-vis vests with some construction company name on their backs  Doh Did make me chuckle. I went home via pubs in Trafalger Square, Embankment and Morden and although everywhere was full of Millwall fans the most offensive thing they did was shout their silly Miiiii chant (which i was sick to death of come the end of the night!)
swindon/london

« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 13:29:30 »

Ok, let me start by saying I was born and raised in Swindon before the big city lights attracted me to London. I remember the last play offs and resulting short stayed affair of the Premiership and had tickets then and have done ever since, so i'm not just some 'day tripper'! Not that there was anything wrong with the 25,000 odd extras from the usual County Ground attendance - which is bound to happen and I for one was pleased to see so many fill our half of Wembley. It's rude, bordering on disgusting that many treat these fans with very little regard and discontempt with others complaining to a lack of noise, etc, etc!

There were many young fans and families that went to the game and my only hope is that they were not put off by some Swindon 'fans'. I was sat in block 547 and there were 3/4 guys, near the front, baseball caps and long hair, mid twenties at a guess, who by all defenitions were absolute morons! Screaming at the family areas, swearing that they were not supporting, standing to obscure everyones views at innapropriate times and acting in a confronting manner - they did not come for the football judging from the stone island attire and vile gestures, so we have those types of supposed fans aswell before we bash Milwall to much...

With regard to Milwall I appreciate there was some violence from the Milwall fans (and I would guess our more seasoned fans were no angels either) and as with most violence it is generally aimed pathetically at the easy targets (e.g. buses with families). However there support during the game was fantastic, a cauldron of noise they created so well done.  

On the whole it was a good day out, it was a shame but on reflection if you were a neutral it was Milwalls game and thoroughly deserved. The 'day trippers' made the day that little more special, i'm not sure how many of you "Swindon till I die" fans can say you don't want them there - they create volumes of extra revenue via ticket, shirt and transport sales (are some of you unawares to this?!?!). The team have exceeded expectations so congratulations, especially Charlie Austin, who you hope will bounce back strong after the pitch incident.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 13:36:47 »

i'm not sure how many of you "Swindon till I die" fans can say you don't want them there - they create volumes of extra revenue via ticket, shirt and transport sales (are some of you unawares to this?!?!).
I don't think anyone's said that - new fans are always welcome for exactly the reasons you point out, as pretty much everyone else before you has also said. You're arguing against your own straw man
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 14:06:19 »

I dont want them there if they arent going to support the team, no matter how much tat they buy.
swindon/london

« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 15:33:58 »

I dont want them there if they arent going to support the team, no matter how much tat they buy.

what exactly is supporting the team?! Surely going is supporting, we are unfortunately not in the luxurious position of a Manchester or Chelsea!
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 15:48:40 »

"Surely going is supporting"

Supporting financially - yes, supporting in an encouragement sense - no.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 16:14:10 »

what exactly is supporting the team?! Surely going is supporting
No, it's spectating. It's better than not going, but on it's own it's not playing the full part of being a supporter. It's a pretty sterile debate though really. Yes, of course we'd all rather have had 32,000 there on Saturday than 10,000 or whatever. But we'd all rather have had 32,000 fully getting behind the team, wishful thinking though that may be
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 16:54:59 »

what exactly is supporting the team?! Surely going is supporting, we are unfortunately not in the luxurious position of a Manchester or Chelsea!

If you cant find any passion, to even stand up and cheer the team - 10 minutes to go, 1-0 down in a play off final then you arent a supporter, as pauld says you're a spectator.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: