Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4517722 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26025 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 10:18:46 »

Would you step in the ring with him?  Smiley
Anyone do any boxing on here? My dad used to do it in PE  : Cheesy.
I used to have a couple of pairs of gloves and fight with my mates as a kid. Just enjoy battering my punch bag now. Surprising how knackering it is. Good exercise.
I did some at Rickys Gym back in the late 80s but it was more so because my part time job working the door at Brunel Rooms suggested I should.

My step daughter is an amateur boxer, shes not had any fights yet but shes only been training a year and a bit and the womens side of the sport is not so prevalent down here in South Somerset.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26026 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 10:18:59 »

I used to have a couple of pairs of gloves and fight with my mates as a kid. Just enjoy battering my punch bag now. Surprising how knackering it is. Good exercise.

I did a fair bit in my mid teens and again in my late 20s - early 30s.

Never competitively. Just for fitness.
Rounds of body sparring was as close as it got to änythïng ‘proper’ wish I’d kept up with it in my teens.
Hunk

« Reply #26027 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 10:32:45 »

Would you step in the ring with him?  Smiley

No.

Never been in a fight in my life. Had a few goes on my friend's punching bag though, that was fun
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #26028 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 10:53:03 »

Just popped to Tesco to get a bit of shopping, they had diesel if anyone's in need, the queues weren't horrendous either.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26029 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 11:25:50 »

Just popped to Tesco to get a bit of shopping, they had diesel if anyone's in need, the queues weren't horrendous either.

Can you get me a couple of jerry cans worth please?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26030 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 15:51:13 »

Just wondering if bringing boxing back into the school curriculum might not be such a bad thing.

Realistically no chance of that happening in this day & age.
But the opportunity to beat up the class / school bully on a level playing field would be interesting.

There might be stats available, but practising the noble art, under proper tutelage, might have benefits in keeping kids away from gang culture, particularly in inner city areas.

Must admit to being a little surprised that team sports didn't evolve into something along the lines of Rollerball given the brutality of some sports in the 1970's.
Despite all of the nicey niceness, scratch the surface and ultimately it's still quite a bloodthirsty society that we live in today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26031 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 05:21:57 »

The piss stains ‘crowd’ last night - 5,634

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #26032 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 05:59:20 »

Just wondering if bringing boxing back into the school curriculum might not be such a bad thing.

Realistically no chance of that happening in this day & age.
But the opportunity to beat up the class / school bully on a level playing field would be interesting.

There might be stats available, but practising the noble art, under proper tutelage, might have benefits in keeping kids away from gang culture, particularly in inner city areas.

Must admit to being a little surprised that team sports didn't evolve into something along the lines of Rollerball given the brutality of some sports in the 1970's.
Despite all of the nicey niceness, scratch the surface and ultimately it's still quite a bloodthirsty society that we live in today.
I think you might find that leveling up the playing field would result in one school bully being replaced by another. There is always a pecking order amongst living things.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26033 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 08:31:19 »

I couldn't fight sleep! I've always been quite 'weedy' but the last few years have started to do a bit of weight training to build up my arms a bit. I have pathetically small girly hands so I'd probably shatter bones in them doing boxing!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26034 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 09:07:13 »

Ha, I've broken my hand more than once  Smiley
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #26035 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 11:03:00 »

I used to love fighting and had a few amateur fights as a teenager. Love boxing still and was not shocked by that outcome at all at the weekend

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26036 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 13:09:49 »

Remembering a band from your youth that you’d forgotten all about.

Savoy Brown. Thank heaven for Spotify!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #26037 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 15:52:40 »

The piss stains ‘crowd’ last night - 5,634

I would still rather be in their position

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26038 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 16:25:02 »

What’s that got to do with a piss poor turnout?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #26039 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 16:56:05 »

Absolutely nothing
Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: