Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 1625 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518141 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24315 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 09:21:41 »

Earlier this year I decided to have a big clearout and gave a load of clothes to charity whilst freshening up my wardrobe. I am no fashionista and refuse to spend a huge sum of money on my 'threads' so I tried out one of these companies where you tell a designer what your 'style' is and they send you 5 items which you can either buy or send back.

Anyway, one of the items was a pair of jeans by MAVI, a company that was relatively familiar. However they were £70 and I wasn't willing to pay that amount of money for jeans.

And so the reason MAVI (it means Blue in Turkish) was familiar was because its a Turkish company. The wife went out to one of their stores and I asked her to pick up a pair of jeans if they were cheap enough. She came back with 3 pairs of jeans and a jumper for 600 Turkish Lira, about £65!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Barry Scott

« Reply #24316 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 11:43:03 »

Day 1 about complete.

Didn't say this previously, but the massive semi healthy meal I mentioned above, was breaking a fast (of the 600 calories variety) so realised I might've been a tad impulsive. Meh.

Been awake since 04:30, which should've made this even more challenging and had that horrible sick hunger so thought it'd be a tough one. So far it's been a cakewalk.

My stepson did do what Bamboo joked about him doing. I helped cook the dinner and then he tried to wind me up with a homemade burge and wedges he ate in front of me (I even sat at the dinner table for an extra test).

Hopefully work will be good tomorrow as I don't want stress to force me over the edge.

Thought I'd update this in case anyone was interested. I completed my 4 day (111 hour fast) and ate my first meal, since Monday, at just after 10:00 yesterday.

Day 2 was pretty hard. I ended up with huge hangover strength dehydration headache (possibly from lack of hydration or from sugar/carb withdrawal) from midday until I went to sleep. The hunger wasn't too bad, but no chance could I concentrate or do any work so played on the PS4. Which was also hard due to eye ache.

Day 3 was a piece of piss, occasionally I had headaches, but fluid overcame them without much issue. Sleeping was ok, woke up for a piss more than normal and had occasional kidney pains and random neckaches. Nothing of note happened. Did a bit of work and played PS4.

Day 4 started as day 3 ended, it was pretty easy. However, as the day wore on I started to feel quite ill.Not sick as such, just a bit wrong. Had general aches and pains and kidneys and stomach sporadically ached. Hunger wasn't too bad, but was able to do some work, so concentration must've been better. Sleeping that night was hell.

I was knackered from 21:00 but tossed and turned for an hour or two, then fell asleep and woke up at 01:20 needing a piss and a drink with an aching neck and kidney pains. I then struggled to get back to sleep for over 2 hours. The kidney pain was incessant and my neck ached and I couldn't for love nor money find a comfortable position (for my head). I spent the time lying in bed trying to work out why. Reckon it was the coffee due to an increase in acid.

In the end I got up and had a pint of water. Almost went downstairs to eat (I was already over 100 hours without food - my target) but instead manned up and went back to bed. The water obviously helped as I eventually dosed off after 04:00. I woke up at 06:00, feeling fine and went for another slash, then went back to bed until 09:00 (a record lie in for me).

Felt absolutely fine, so didn't feel a rush to fill my face and was aware I should start of gently.

Eventually went down like a kid at christmas and had a strawberry to see how that'd go down, then had a yogurt, then had a slice of marmite on toast. All good, no stomach issues at all.

In the early evening I had a nice big curry and half a bottle of red and the world was a better place.

Overall I found it ok. The second day was tough with the hangover like feelings and apart from the sense of fatigue on days 2, 3 and 4 and the sleep problems on day 4, I'm not sure it was that bad. Certainly wasn't anywhere near as bad as I'd expected from blogs and things I'd read online. Guess I was lucky as in many ways I'd almost describe it as easy.

Saying that it's a bit like I remember the longer sprints at school (I wasn't built for running). You're glad it's over and it's not something you want to repeat. In other words, I doubt I'll do it again, but it wasn't really that terrible.

I'm glad I did it and feel pretty proud of myself. Also when people are talking about fasting I can interrupt them and boast loudly and obnoxiously of my 111 hour fast (j/k). Smug Fuck Off
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #24317 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 16:43:52 »

Fair play, but fuck that.

Ignore
« Reply #24318 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 17:59:01 »

Can I ask why did you do the lengthy fasting?
Sounds severe to me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24319 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 18:23:33 »

Fair play, but fuck that.
Completely this
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24320 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 18:26:36 »

Yeah, sounds pretty fucking nuts to me...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24321 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 18:28:24 »

I mean I do get the self-discipline thing, and I understand how that in itself can be rewarding, but wouldn't be something I'd fancy
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #24322 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 18:32:28 »

Good stuff Barry.

The headaches are probably low electrolytes, and the trouble sleeping is often because cortisol increases and raises your heart rate. I find 500mg of magnesium before bed helps me sleep really well.
Barry Scott

« Reply #24323 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 18:52:09 »

Can I ask why did you do the lengthy fasting?
Sounds severe to me.

I suppose I wanted to test myself really. I've never had a problem with short fasts and felt trying a longer one (that I'd read about) would be an intriguing test of myself. And yes, I suppose it is severe, but that's probably the attraction in it. Beyond that I'm not sure.

It seemed stupid and I decided to try and see on a moment's thought. It crossed my mind for the first time just a few hours before the first post on here. I'd not even considered it before.

Good stuff Barry.

The headaches are probably low electrolytes, and the trouble sleeping is often because cortisol increases and raises your heart rate. I find 500mg of magnesium before bed helps me sleep really well.

I did actually have electrolytes, but as I'd not planned this, they didn't arrive from Amazon until at the end of the 2nd day. Doh. The rest sounds interesting, thanks.
Flashheart

« Reply #24324 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 19:01:41 »

You'd have to give me a big wad of cash to even contemplate doing something like that.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24325 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 22:27:21 »

4 days? I struggle with 4 hours.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24326 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 14:57:22 »

The first one of these reminded me of the days of late night threads.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24327 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 15:02:00 »

I like the last one  Cheesy
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #24328 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 15:05:47 »

The first one of these reminded me of the days of late night threads.

It’s not Jeff, it’s Geoff!! Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24329 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 10:11:39 »

Smiley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180
Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 1625 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: