Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 1515 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4519972 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22665 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 13:00:13 »

https://talksport.com/football/610327/steven-gerrard-rangers-hurt-young-boys-europa-league/

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22666 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 13:32:42 »

Herein lies the problem, many people seem desperate to portray concerns about global warming and trying to generally clean up the environment as a negative thing, prmoted by brainwashed do gooders, that will make people have to give things up, its a narrative that has been bigged up by the deniers to try and get their point across, which in the real world is miles from the truth.

I've mentioned before whilst not being out and out deniers there are people who expect something to be done for them to save the planet for their kids/grandkids, further they will argue that the something should be done by Johnny Foreigner. 

Reality is that individuals are going to have to make lifestyle changes. The individiuals who object to ER having the temerity to bring a dose of reality into their lives, probably prefer the Tory Conference approach where there is no mention of a climate emergency, despite Parliament declaring one.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22667 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 15:13:03 »

I've mentioned before whilst not being out and out deniers there are people who expect something to be done for them to save the planet for their kids/grandkids, further they will argue that the something should be done by Johnny Foreigner. 

Reality is that individuals are going to have to make lifestyle changes. The individiuals who object to ER having the temerity to bring a dose of reality into their lives, probably prefer the Tory Conference approach where there is no mention of a climate emergency, despite Parliament declaring one.

I see Greta Thunberg is getting under deniers skin again,  after Trump had a dig at her, today Putin decided to patronise her by having a pop.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22668 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 10:31:52 »

Driving through Argostoli this morning when a young fella drove by on a scooter holding 3 individual cups of coffee in one hand whilst in total control with the other!

They have a strange law regarding crash helmets. You must be in possession of one but don’t actually have to wear it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22669 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 10:53:31 »

Similarly there used to be variation between states in the USA where a helmet was a legal
requirement in one, but not in the other. You often spotted people with helmets hanging off the back ready for the switch across the state line.

Natural selection
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #22670 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 11:08:24 »

The SE Asian varient was the driver having to wear a helmet, but not the passengers(e.g. A wife holding a newborn and a toddler). It changed eventually, though you still don't need a licence to drive a motorbike.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #22671 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 19:09:11 »

Hearing Scat-man John (RIP) on the radio.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #22672 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 06:53:44 »

The announcement at Kings Cross station that begging is not allowed, closely followed by a request for spare change from a walking cadaver.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #22673 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 08:43:08 »

The boy, who is 5  tapping is foot along to firestarter by the prodigy. Good lad.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22674 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 21:17:28 »

A nice initiative by friends of Paul Jackson, or Jacko, a legend of the former London reds, the Glue Pot, away ends and the disabled enclosure, who will be familiar to many TEFers, to raise funds for a mobility scooter to help him as walking becomes increasingly difficult for him. If you haven’t already, pop a few quid in his direction.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jacko-scooter-1969

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #22675 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 08:11:36 »

This made me laugh out loud:

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom,...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 08:14:59 by Munichred » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #22676 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 08:19:10 »

He has all the best words.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22677 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 08:22:51 »

I liked that quote by a French politician on a similar theme.

Problem was it translated to Norman Wisdom!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22678 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 10:37:55 »

A nice initiative by friends of Paul Jackson, or Jacko, a legend of the former London reds, the Glue Pot, away ends and the disabled enclosure, who will be familiar to many TEFers, to raise funds for a mobility scooter to help him as walking becomes increasingly difficult for him. If you haven’t already, pop a few quid in his direction.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jacko-scooter-1969

Over £1300 raised towards the target in less than 48 hours. Bloody good effort, including I see a few TEFers. Makes me proud to be among such good people.  Crying

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Barry Scott

« Reply #22679 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 16:19:48 »

It's just kind of good and the (bootleg/mashup) tune is catchy as hell. The Missus son was playing it incessantly and it got under my skin.

Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 1515 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: