Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 1420 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4540194 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #21240 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 17:26:42 »

Wholemeal pasta probably makes you shite more, hence why its on the list.

Yes of course it does on its own. However much it may make you poo more it’s salt, calories, sugars, protein etc make it only marginally more beneficial. When part of a diet that contains more fibre than my compost heap it’s not going in my trolley, sorry.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21241 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 18:45:47 »

Wholemeal pasta probably makes you shite more, hence why its on the list.

Then cider should be on the list too.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #21242 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 19:06:57 »

Then cider should be on the list too.

Some would have you believe Arkells should be on the list but i’ve Never had an issue it’s it........ppprrrrrpppp 🤫
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #21243 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 09:09:12 »

Bare with me on this for a moment or two. I have agreed to partake weight watchers with the current Mrs. Legend. So we have cobbled together a weekly meal plan and then gone hunter gathering in Spazda for the ingredients. Now I love pasta, who doesn’t? Can’t be many. Anyway on the list of non ‘prohibited’ is wholemeal pasta. I fucking hate the stuff, like chewing a boiled johnny i’d Image. But, but, but it’s on the list she protested.

So on closer inspection of both packets of penne pasta it transpires that the wholemeal shit is only ‘better’ on two of the nutritionally listed dietary components and worse on three. But it’s on the list she protested again.... fuck off woman you’d have to eat a bloody pallet of the stuff to notice a difference. Ordinary pasta it is. Small victories taste to nice.
Sorry,  can't think of anything more bland or boring than pasta,   how people can eat it cold is beyond me. Slippery Slimey shit.
I'll stick to my diet of cider, partof my five a day - and it makes the bowels function !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21244 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 09:37:54 »

Yes of course it does on its own. However much it may make you poo more it’s salt, calories, sugars, protein etc make it only marginally more beneficial. When part of a diet that contains more fibre than my compost heap it’s not going in my trolley, sorry.
It's not just fibre. Refining grain also removes a lot of the beneficial vitamins, minerals and micronutrients as well. Same applies to white vs wholemeal bread, rice etc. Your choice obviously but there's more to why wholemeal is nutritionally more complete than just the summary info listed on the packet
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21245 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 10:20:00 »

It's not just fibre. Refining grain also removes a lot of the beneficial vitamins, minerals and micronutrients as well. Same applies to white vs wholemeal bread, rice etc. Your choice obviously but there's more to why wholemeal is nutritionally more complete than just the summary info listed on the packet

I prefer brown bread to white, think it tastes much better. We've also recently moved to brown rice and pasta also.

Moved from lager to Guinness as well as presumably that also has health benefits Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #21246 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 11:09:24 »

Love wholemeal bread fucking hate wholemeal pasta. I have enough of a varied diet to not lose any sleep over boiled johnnies masquerading as pasta.
Flashheart

« Reply #21247 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 11:12:17 »

White bread is shit.

Not tried wholemeal pasta.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #21248 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 12:22:00 »

LL is gonna stay fat.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21249 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 12:52:52 »

White bread is shit.

Agree with the bread as for the pasta my missus changed us over about 2 years ago and I barely noticed any difference!
Panda Paws

« Reply #21250 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 13:49:14 »

Agree with the bread as for the pasta my missus changed us over about 2 years ago and I barely noticed any difference!

Same - just make sure you cook it for longer.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #21251 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 15:29:27 »

White bread is shit.

No, white bread is refined flour with all the goodness taken out. Shit is what it becomes after processing by your stomach and intestines before being expelled via your bowels.....
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #21252 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 16:12:42 »

I prefer brown bread to white bread and brown rice to white rice, wholemeal pasta however, is absolutely rank, I stick with normal pasta.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #21253 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 17:56:45 »

LL is gonna stay fat.

In the new snowflake world it’s calorifically challenged you cunt!
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #21254 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 02:10:07 »

wholemeal is nutritionally more complete than just the summary info listed on the packet

and also although the stats on the packet may be similar, the wholemeal takes longer to digest because of this. That means less of a hit of carbs and less excess getting turned to fat.
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 1420 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: