Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 1332 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4534538 times)
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #19920 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 14:34:00 »

Is it fuck better than Rooneys. Hitting like that first time with the ball rolling towards you is much more difficult.

Three reactions on the BBC Football thread today:

Rooney's goal was a culmination of class and experience. Everyone is so negative and quick to throw away any praise he deserves. What would people be saying if Salah or Hazard scored a goal like that last night?

Are we really praising Rooney for simply kicking a football into an open goal? There are hundreds of better goals than that!

I love how everyone is raving about Rooney's goal last night, but nobody seems to care about Olly Lee's 70 yard screamer for luton! Far better than Rooney's last night!
Luton said Olly Lee's goal earlier this month "came from a different postcode".

I think Rooney's goal can be enjoyed and praised as a special goal any player would be proud of.        Looking at the replay from behind the goal, the ref did well do dodge out of the way.
TBF Rooney or any other player would miss a similar chance more often than they'd score.

If any pro footballer should be able to hit the net from 50 yards, why do we buy players who can't do it from 10?   Wink
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 14:44:54 by Munichred » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19921 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 14:55:00 »

We even had a centre back that could score from almost the same distance once Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #19922 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:10:25 »

We even had a centre back that could score from almost the same distance once Wink

A good memory, I was there for that one. Interesting to listen to Roger Malone, apparently our 20th game with an unchanged team. Happy days...
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:36:35 by Munichred » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19923 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:10:41 »

Gary Roberts could score from 70 yards....

Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #19924 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:12:22 »

I live in a top (6th) floor flat. From where I wait for the lift there is a large window overlooking our courtyard and other flats about 25m away, half a Rooney :-)  Once or twice while waiting for the lift I've noticed a 20 something girl walking around her 4th floor kitchen in just a t-shirt and thong.

Today she was quite happily walking around in just the thong (well maybe not the same thong, I didn't take note of the colour)

That brightened up my day...
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:15:18 by Munichred » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19925 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:16:14 »

One of my top 5 away days.
Ah Fabrizio what might have been.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #19926 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:18:51 »

In the news ticker under that video "England level three-match series". I hope it's a good omen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19927 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:20:10 »

I live in a top (6th) floor flat. From where I wait for the lift there is a large window overlooking or courtyard and other flats about 25m away, half a Rooney :-)  Once or twice while waiting for the lift I've noticed a 20 something girl walking around her 4th floor kitchen in just a t-shirt and thong.

Today she was quite happily walking around in just the thong (well maybe not the same thong, I didn't take note of the colour)

Smiley

In the present, febrile, PC sexual harassment climate pervading the UK, you'd probably get arrested for voyeurism.  Especially in Swindon which is officially the pervert capital of the UK.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19928 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:22:28 »

Great game awareness.
Also the one where he chipped it over an advancing back line looking to play offside and ran through to score.
Can't remember the opponents, Exeter maybe?
Unlikely to see a goal like that again due to the way the game is played these days.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19929 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:25:23 »

I live in a top (6th) floor flat. From where I wait for the lift there is a large window overlooking our courtyard and other flats about 25m away, half a Rooney :-)  Once or twice while waiting for the lift I've noticed a 20 something girl walking around her 4th floor kitchen in just a t-shirt and thong.

And just to back up the point Reg has just made, photographic evidence is required here. Wink

Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19930 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:29:19 »

One of my top 5 away days.
Ah Fabrizio what might have been.

At least we've so far avoided Tranny's fate  Smiley
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #19931 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:40:39 »

Smiley

In the present, febrile, PC sexual harassment climate pervading the UK, you'd probably get arrested for voyeurism.  Especially in Swindon which is officially the pervert capital of the UK.

Luckily I live in Munich, where nudity in parks and on balconies is common and PC hasn't arrived yet...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19932 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:57:48 »

Great game awareness.
Also the one where he chipped it over an advancing back line looking to play offside and ran through to score.
Can't remember the opponents, Exeter maybe?
Unlikely to see a goal like that again due to the way the game is played these days.
Wasn't it Ooooh Shaun Taylor that did the chip and run through to score? My memory fails me often though!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #19933 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:58:32 »

And just to back up the point Reg has just made, photographic evidence is required here. Wink

Of course, not sure how to post images though
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19934 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 16:16:06 »

Wasn't it Ooooh Shaun Taylor that did the chip and run through to score? My memory fails me often though!

I always thought CC's goal v Exeter represented the start of our climb under Lou. Up til then we hadn't started the season well, Lou got headed in the nads by Jon Shaw Exeter keeper and retired. CC showed that leadership to dig out a win at the end of a game.

OST scored a goal v someone lke Barnsley where he found himself onside when they streamed out and lobbed it nonchalent over the keeper.

Here you go about 1:46 in.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19950110
Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 1332 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: