Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 1237 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4517512 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18495 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 09:29:54 »

Oh, and for the record I do agree it's a bit of a storm in a teacup and very much hope that it played no part in him losing his job. If he lost his job for poor results, fair enough, if this played any part in it, that's quite ridiculous

Should that not be storm in a 'D' cup?  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18496 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 09:31:50 »

While it's amusing to find out his fetishes, if the rest of it is true then he's a confirmed Russian puppet, which is scary for us all
Although it does at least raise the prospect that he would be being controlled by some kind of intelligent adult, which might actually be preferable to leaving him as a petulant baby-man in charge of himself
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18497 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 09:57:43 »

Prob the wrong place to put this, however since we're all slitting our throats about the current team....

Just had a look at the wondrous Swindon stats site: today in history, 1914, Harold Fleming scored the only goal as we beat Man Utd 1-0 in the FA Cup; Jan the Man was born in 1967, the same day we beat Ashford 5-0 in the cup.

That 1914 team won their League (for the 2nd time in 4 years) and was full of players with proper names - Len, Harold, Fred, Bill....not a Jordan or Anton in sight. Even had a D Rogers.

Reg was still in short trousers, leaning on the barrier smoking a Capstan Full Strength he'd nicked from Wills's.

It's one of the quirks of history that our 1910's side was one of the finest in England....yet the Great War took away, not only the lives of many players and fans, but a great opportunity to win the FA Cup, after 2 semi final appearances. The 20's proved tough times...through the General Strike to the Wall Street Crash, Town never quite reached those heights again.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18498 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 13:00:05 »

The compromising material on Trump seems to be him paying for some Russian hookers to perform a golden shower show on a mattress in a hotel room the Obamas had previously stayed in.

The Star have been running it as 'Watersportsgate'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18499 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 15:08:04 »

The Star have been running it as 'Watersportsgate'

What's the difference between a lentil and a chick pea?

Donald Trump would never have a lentil on his face.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #18500 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 15:52:59 »

I don't know what's funnier: Trump enjoying golden showers or the allegations being false. If the latter then the baby-man must be furious and this joys me greatly.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18501 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 16:37:06 »

I don't know what's funnier: Trump enjoying golden showers or the allegations being false. If the latter then the baby-man must be furious and this joys me greatly.

I wouldn't count on it. The Spectator has an interesting article this week theorising that while he's manipulating the news agenda, none of it is about his policies, or absence of them. He's learnt from reality TV that most people would rather be entertained than informed, and that way he can carry on doing exactly what he likes in full public view, but without proper scrutiny.

http://www.newstatesman.com/world/north-america/2017/01/donald-trumps-twitter-attack-meryl-streep-reveals-why-he-won
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 16:41:34 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #18502 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 16:41:05 »

I wouldn't count on it. The Spectator has an interesting article this week theorising that while he's manipulating the news agenda, none of it is about his policies, or absence of them. He's learnt from reality TV that most people would rather be entertained than informed, and that way he can cary on doing exactly what he likes in full public view, but without proper scrutiny.

http://www.newstatesman.com/world/north-america/2017/01/donald-trumps-twitter-attack-meryl-streep-reveals-why-he-won

I am pretty certain as much as he is a cretin that he did not want this type of story out.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18503 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 16:51:02 »

I am pretty certain as much as he is a cretin that he did not want this type of story out.

No, I agree, but that's not what the article says - it's worth a read. Trump is clearly livid at the press constantly flinging mud at him, but this also allows him to continue to keep the news agenda about his personality rather than his policies, and to blur the lines between truth and fiction. See how he's using the "fake news" slur to seek to discredit all news sources, and turning the Nazi countercharge on his accusers. It all creates noise that seeks to reduce trust in all media sources. (It might be a bit like when they say Mourinho courts controversy to keep the spotlight off his players.)

To be honest, I think the liberal media needs to be careful not to trip over itself in its haste to slur The D. If it starts taking shortcuts and rushes out stories without proper fact-checking, as Buzzfeed may have done here, it'll end up playing right into Trump's tiny hands.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #18504 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 18:22:26 »

What's the difference between a lentil and a chick pea?

Donald Trump would never have a lentil on his face.

Just had to explain to the wife why I just burst into laughter.

She just shook her head at me Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18505 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 18:26:54 »

Just had to explain to the wife why I just burst into laughter.

She just shook her head at me Smiley

Wink sexist

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18506 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 11:17:00 »

Finally got my driving licence back and insurance only gone up £100 to get me back on the policy.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18507 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 13:54:07 »

Discovering that Joe Biden's middle name is Robinette.

Who knew...?

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18508 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 22:23:59 »

Discovering that Joe Biden's middle name is Robinette.

Who knew...?

Who is joe biden?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18509 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 23:01:27 »

Who is joe biden?

Joking right?   Eek

Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 1237 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: