Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 ... 1932   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4543077 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15465 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:33:51 »

It's unbelievable how often this happens at pedestrian crosses as well. I saw a woman stop dead in her tracks yesterday evening to stop a cyclist trying to weave his way through people crossing the road. The cyclist looked a bit sheepish after she stopped and stared right at him

I know, it's mad! My office is at Victoria embankment and there is a busy crossing and there are always 1 or 2 who don't have the patience to wait at the red light. I have nearly been hit a couple of times when crossing (when the green man shows of course). I'm so tempted to kick the fuckers off their bikes but I'm not a fighter!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #15466 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:43:10 »

The arrogance of (a very small minority) cyclists in London who are so arrogant that they don't believe red lights applies to them mildly irritates me.

Not just London
See it on a daily basis on the way to work, usually same cyclist.
One of these days he will get knocked off but it wont be his fault  Roll Eyes
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #15467 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:50:23 »

In fairness, they are still road-users whether people like it or not. Cyclists are physically very unprotected and having driven around London a little myself they do get treated like shit by other road users.

Yes, some cyclists are twats, but so are most car-drivers from my experience so it's not just cyclists that deserve shit. Just general cunty road users deserve it. The cyclist probably chased him down because he just flippped and got sick of almost being killed every day by an ignorant fool like this guy.

And no, I'm not a cyclist.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15468 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:58:52 »

So did that cyclist put that video up thinking that people were going to be on his side? He's just a trouble making toss pot who is going to get his head kicked in at some point, as indeed he may well have done at the end of that video.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15469 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 11:18:06 »

The majority of cyclists are fine and after driving in London (well, outside the congestion zone) for a bit you realise that for the most part cyclists and motorists understand the dangers that each other pose. However, I keep seeing cyclists that simply do not give a fuck about pedestrians. Earlier in the week I saw a bloke cycling on the pavement towards pedestrians and nearly mowed one guy down who was looking at his phone... this was on a road with one of those cycle superhighways with wide cyclist only lanes. Cyclists running red lights and powering through crossing pedestrians is a daily occurrence but still a minority of cyclists.

Recording drivers and confronting them after anything dangerous seems to be a thing on Youtube. It doesn't really do much to promote harmony between the two parties.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15470 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 11:20:51 »

The fact I didn't realise the pass that was being jabbered on about was at the start probably means I'd be with the driver and what's the point of going for the confrontation and then cycling off when the driver starts back (on the path as well!).  driver has parked himself up on double yellows, it's a video of stupidity.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #15471 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 11:21:55 »

Quite an amusing video.

Doesn't look anything wrong with the drivers overtake, the cyclists whiney little police threats are cringeworthy.

The driver stacking it is brilliant
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 11:32:56 by Abrahammer » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15472 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 11:28:42 »

Both of them are complete cunts
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15473 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 12:27:23 »

Both are in the wrong to some extent, but the driver shouldn't have passed so close (and the cyclist shouldn't have gone after him to provoke an argument).

If you can't leave a full car's width when overtaking, there isn't enough room to overtake. Having been on the receiving end of many close passes, it is not fun when you have two tonnes of metal screaming past less than 3ft from your right elbow at 30+mph.
Amir

« Reply #15474 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 12:27:42 »

The majority of cyclists are fine and after driving in London (well, outside the congestion zone) for a bit you realise that for the most part cyclists and motorists understand the dangers that each other pose. However, I keep seeing cyclists that simply do not give a fuck about pedestrians. Earlier in the week I saw a bloke cycling on the pavement towards pedestrians and nearly mowed one guy down who was looking at his phone... this was on a road with one of those cycle superhighways with wide cyclist only lanes. Cyclists running red lights and powering through crossing pedestrians is a daily occurrence but still a minority of cyclists.

Recording drivers and confronting them after anything dangerous seems to be a thing on Youtube. It doesn't really do much to promote harmony between the two parties.

I used to regularly drive in central London, and I can't say I ever took issue with a cyclist.

London cabbies on the other hand are total pricks who think they own the road.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15475 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 12:32:18 »

Both are in the wrong to some extent, but the driver shouldn't have passed so close (and the cyclist shouldn't have gone after him to provoke an argument).

If you can't leave a full car's width when overtaking, there isn't enough room to overtake. Having been on the receiving end of many close passes, it is not fun when you have two tonnes of metal screaming past less than 3ft from your right elbow at 30+mph.
Although that's difficult to disagree with, it'd be impossible to overtake any cyclist in an urban area.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15476 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 12:44:19 »

Although that's difficult to disagree with, it'd be impossible to overtake any cyclist in an urban area.

Cars and cyclists don't mix terribly well....just seeing the numbers of drivers around Swindon, who are on the phone, speeding, parking illegally, so causing obstructions to cyclists and pedestrians, mums with prams etc....is frightening.

For me, riding a bike on a Swindon road is an extreme sport, a bit like rock climbing, never far from a fatal accident.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #15477 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 07:23:05 »

Cars and cyclists don't mix terribly well....just seeing the numbers of drivers around Swindon, who are on the phone, speeding, parking illegally, so causing obstructions to cyclists and pedestrians, mums with prams etc....is frightening.

For me, riding a bike on a Swindon road is an extreme sport, a bit like rock climbing, never far from a fatal accident.
Unless you have a speed camera, you can only speculate they're speeding.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #15478 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 07:51:13 »

Both of them are complete cunts

Spot on. The driver is obviously a prick and looks like he is too close but the cyclist is a twat too. Has anyone noticed how he nearly managed to mow down a couple of pedestrians crossing a road while he chased the car driver? Double standards anyone?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #15479 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 07:54:14 »

Me and the other half taking the boy to Legoland on Friday!

He doesn't know yet, can't wait!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 ... 1932   Go Up
Print
Jump to: