Pages: 1 ... 943 944 945 [946] 947 948 949 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4535258 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14175 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 14:55:00 »

ตะกวด

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #14176 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 14:55:39 »

That's the one.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14177 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 15:08:48 »

Just learned that Maidenhead United's manager is called Johnson Hippolyte.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #14178 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 17:38:05 »

The fact that Japanese folk eat KFC at Christmas.
It's so popular they have to order 2 months in advance.
What a strange country.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 17:41:20 by Ginginho » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14179 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 17:42:32 »

In Sweden, the whole country stops on Christmas Eve to watch Donald Duck cartoons.  True story.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2009/12/nordic_quack.html
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14180 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 19:16:25 »

Given the fact many city fans were moaning about some of our tactics in the recent game, reading this from. Crewe fan made me grin

I don't like talking about other teams but Aiden Flint is a disgrace for screaming/shouting/swearing at a young ballboy and all the bristol players running towards the ref to get Uche sent off.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14181 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 19:20:03 »

In Sweden, the whole country stops on Christmas Eve to watch Donald Duck cartoons.  True story.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2009/12/nordic_quack.html
the whole country stops on Christmas Eve because that's the day when they celebrate Christmas. Norway too.

but it's true, Donald Duck is remarkably popular
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14182 on: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 20:27:08 »

Rooting through the first, best, worst gig thread and finding this....

Saw an old mate at the weekend, we go back a long way, he happened to mention that he is trying to do a list of all the gigs he's been to.  He's having a bit of problem with some of the late 60's early 70's stuff and wondered if I might help....very difficult, because when you go to loads over a period of many years, you just forget the average fodder.....the thing to do is to make a note....but who can do that?  Rummaging around in the memory banks though between us we could remember some good stuff, I'd previously forgotten

Saw him t'other night and worked out I'd seen the Velvet Underground in 1971....amazingly I'd forgotten this for 43 years  Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14183 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 11:36:44 »

The sheer amount of Rugby fans I've seen claiming that this wasn't a red card and that the player who got hit 'went down like a football player'

http://instagram.com/p/w1YvkCPNa2/

For context, that's 18 stone of Dylan Hartley (who has a career charge sheet as long as your arm) swinging an elbow upwards square into the nose of a Leicester player, who doesn't see it coming. I think if I got hit like that I'd be staying on the floor for a while as well.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #14184 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 14:41:00 »

the whole country stops on Christmas Eve because that's the day when they celebrate Christmas. Norway too.

but it's true, Donald Duck is remarkably popular

On New Year's Eve every German household watches the one act play "Dinner for One", the 1962 black and white version featuring Freddie Frinton, filmed in English in a German TV studio. Possibly more than once, as it's shown on several different channels at different times. The phrase "same procedure every year" is known and used by a large percentage of Germans, who are amazed that the play is virtually unknown in Britain.

I shall no doubt be watching it again next week, same as every year...

Enjoy
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 15:26:06 by Munichred » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #14185 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 14:43:24 »

I was shown this by a Swede.  Its shite.  Cultural differences I guess.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #14186 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 15:10:56 »

I had to check with my Swedish relatives that the Donald Duck thing isn't some big piss take/urban myth.

It isn't!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #14187 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 15:29:28 »

Given the fact many city fans were moaning about some of our tactics in the recent game, reading this from. Crewe fan made me grin

I don't like talking about other teams but Aiden Flint is a disgrace for screaming/shouting/swearing at a young ballboy and all the bristol players running towards the ref to get Uche sent off.

Haha. That can't be right surely?! Their players just don't act like that!

Cotterill gracious in defeat as ever too I see.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 16:16:17 by Paolo69 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14188 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 15:42:25 »

Haha. That can't be right surely?! There's players just don't act like that!

Cotterill gracious in defeat as ever too I see.

Apparently they learnt it from our players after we beat them! I kid you not!!

Here is a bit more from a different Crewe fan.

As for City, I'll be honest, before this game, I had always quite liked them. Decent stadium, decent fan base, all round decent club. However, the product that they served up today was a bloody disgrace. Yeah, when its going well(like Peterborough on Sky the other week), they clearly can play decent football. However, today, when their backs were to the wall and they needed to get a result, all the nasty stuff came out. Cynical fouls, sly tugs, dissent, terrible fouls, god awful football, the works.

Williams could have gone for the scythe through the back of Grant for his first card, but I suppose a yellow was fair. Then he makes a brainless hack at Ikpeazu in our half, another clear yellow, then a red, bye bye. To say both fouls didn't equal yellows and then a red card is laughable to the highest degree.

Then when Ikpeazu was pulled around for what felt like the millionth time, he hand balled it. Slightly lucky, but then half the City team ran up to the ref trying to get him sent off. Disgraceful scenes. Then, when a ball boy wasn't prompt in returning the ball late in the game. Flint(from about 3m away) berates him. I admire his desire to win, but to shout at a young teenager is simply not on. Then Cotterill goes straight down the tunnel at full time and doesn't go over to the 1,000 supporters who'd spent a lot of time and money coming up from Bristol to support the team on the weekend before Christmas. Then he goes on several interviews where he talks utter bollocks. Disgrace of a manager running a disgrace of a team. They should all be ashamed of their conduct today.

We simply let City beat themselves. They didn't take their chances and then their lack of discipline cost them. For all their quality and for all the quality football they played at times today, they managed 3 shots on target. 3, and that is apparently enough to suggest they dominated the game and should have won it. Yeah, ok then. Oh and for all their quality, they were reduced to bringing on JET to punt in long throws to 3 giants in Flint, Smith and Wilbraham.

Happy we got a fully deserved win today, would have felt sick had that Cooper chance cost us or had we lost to a bunch of cheats. Roll on Oldham.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14189 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 15:57:06 »

On New Year's Eve every German household watches the one act play "Dinner for One", the 1962 black and white version featuring Freddie Frinton, filmed in English in a German TV studio. Possibly more than once, as it's shown on several different channels at different times. The phrase "same procedure every year" is known and used by a large percentage of Germans, who are amazed that the play is virtually unknown in Britain.

I shall no doubt be watching it again next week, same as every year...

Enjoy
Same in Norway... and my Norwegian wife is called Sofie. Guess the jokes!
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 945 [946] 947 948 949 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: